Author Topic: Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack  (Read 11919 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack
« on: May 06, 2015, 01:42:55 PM »
It looks like Sims 4:  Luxury Stuff Pack is available now.  It retails for $9.99 in the U.S.

You can find it here on Origin:
The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff

Party With Style

Your Sims are gettin’ fancy with The Sims™ 4 Luxury Party Stuff! Throw a luxurious party with a variety of extravagant décor. Upgrade your Sims’ wardrobes with dazzling gowns and chic formal wear. And don't forget to put together the perfect centerpiece for any event with the all-new Buffet Table, and serve tasty dishes to your Sims!

Party in style, live in luxury. Throw the most lavish party in town with a collection of flashy furniture and decorations. Add fun and elegant pieces to your Sim’s home, then invite the whole neighborhood over for a great time.

Dress to impress.  From sparkly sequin dresses to shiny three-piece tuxedos, your Sims will be the best dressed at any black tie event – or any event, really. Complete their glamorous look with new hairstyles and accessories.

Indulge in the all-new Buffet Table.  Set up the ultimate feast for your Sims, complete with a table-top fountain – and yes, it can even be a chocolate fountain.

Original Post:
Well, as you can tell from the subject line, the Sims 4 is going to have a Stuff Pack coming soon.  For the moment, the announcement is just from the Sims twitter page:

Source:  The Sims Twitter

The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack is coming soon. We'll have more news next week, so get your Sims ready to party!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Sims 4: Luxury Stuff Pack
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:26 PM »
Love the hair and clothes. I've seen a few people complaining in their Simblrs but I think it's a great idea, I really hope we get a new party or two!
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 12:37:21 PM »
So there are three different types of packs this time, and they're not doing away with just selling us 'stuff'. Guess I read into the game pack thing a bit too much, myself. I had hoped they would realize more of us would buy these things if they came with at least a couple major gameplay elements. I guess it remains to be seen if there will be some new object types that influence gameplay.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
I hoped they would do away with the 'Stuff Packs' myself.  Not that I mind the items, and whatnot, but when they announced the Game Packs, I definitely thought that was a step in the right direction for additional, if smaller content.

However, we will know more next week about what will be in the Stuff Pack.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 07:05:17 PM »
@Bri Glad i'm not the only one who thought that. Still, it is good there will be more variety even if they didn't do away with them entirely. If it's half and half in between Expansions, at least there is the potential for more gameplay additions.

I realize that for those who do not use/like downloading items individually, it's really the only way to expand on their variety of clothing/hair styles. I guess for once I might purchase it myself, in order to help others assess the value of it.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 08:31:55 PM »
Will these just be available as download/purchasable online, or will they be available from stockists as well?

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 08:52:14 PM »
My guess is no disc version. It should be fairly small and I think Outdoor Retreat is download only. This is even smaller. Expansions should be on disc.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:24 PM »
On May 19, from 11 AM to Noon PST, there will be a session of Ask a Guru, and they will be answering questions about the Sims 4 Luxury Stuff Pack.

Source:  ASK A GURU - TUESDAY May 19, 11AM - NOON PST

Obviously, when the answers become available, I will post the relevant link or stuff.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2015, 04:00:36 AM »
@Bri

I'm glad to see you're still keeping everyone updated on new things coming out for Sims 4.  I've been out of the loop for awhile and it's great to come here and find exactly what I was looking for.  Good job and thank you.  :)

Personally, I like Stuff Packs and I'll buy this one, I'm sure.  Has there been anything announced about a Store or something similar?  I'm wondering if the Stuff Packs will be our opportunities to get new items from EA.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 07:19:14 AM »
@Pam
I'm glad to see you're still keeping everyone updated on new things coming out for Sims 4.  I've been out of the loop for awhile and it's great to come here and find exactly what I was looking for.  Good job and thank you.

You're more than welcome, and as long as I'm around, I'll keep doing so :) 

Personally, I like Stuff Packs and I'll buy this one, I'm sure.  Has there been anything announced about a Store or something similar?  I'm wondering if the Stuff Packs will be our opportunities to get new items from EA.

No, there hasn't been any mention of something like a Store.  To be honest, if they did make one similar to what they did with Sims 3, it will probably be done through Origin, keeping it all together.  The only reason the Sims 3 Store wasn't in Origin is that Origin didn't come out until a year or two after the Sims 3.

But yeah, Stuff packs will definitely have new items if they are anything like Sims 2 and Sims 3 Stuff Packs were.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 02:09:30 PM »
They've announced it here and have given more info.  It's going to be released May 19th.  On the official forums they are saying it will only cost 10 USD, but I can't find that info anywhere.

http://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/TS4-SP01-announce

For ten dollars I may even buy it.  Sounds like a much better deal than the stuff packs for The Sims 3.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 02:15:43 PM »
Very pleased to know there's a new party and more sculptures. If the food fountain is anything like the Sims 3 chocolate fountain I'll be thrilled. The price seems too good to be true  :o

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Where does it say there's a new type of party?  I'm not seeing it.  If it says it though, that would be great.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 02:30:25 PM »
Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but they mention party so much and I thought the new content would be specifically tailored to that party. I could be wrong  :-[

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 02:38:13 PM »
@Bri This is from twitter. Hope it helps about the price

Edited: It's also tweeted by SimGuruLyndsay with the same USD price of $9.99