Author Topic: On Cloning Sims  (Read 18493 times)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
On Cloning Sims
« on: May 05, 2015, 04:02:21 AM »
I've had a sim go through the scientist career. And she made two cloning machines and two wormhole generators, so one of each could be brought home and the other stays at the lab. All brilliant.

And I've been experimenting with cloning and want to know what everyone else's mileage is. There's a picture of clones in this official blurb that has me interested: http://www.thesims.com/en_AU/news/love-in-a-science-lab

When the cloning fails I've got red-eyed clones with one or more bad traits, yes, but that picture suggests that cloning can fail in other ways too. And it would make sense if sometime genetic information occasionally gets lost or confused in the process, but I've never had a YA or Adult clone come out as elder, nor had it come out blue, nor bald with huge ears. Has anyone else had clones like that?
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: On Cloning Sims
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:48:21 AM »
I wonder if the picture actually shows results from the sim ray interaction 'transform'? I certainly have had transformations that look like those depictions. I haven't had cloning results like that, then again I haven't cloned many sims as I lost interest in that aspect after I'd mucked around with it once or twice!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 07:12:33 AM »
That picture is probably just representing the many ways of altering sims that science gives, serums included. But they are clearly clones of each other and if there are other possibilities from failed cloning I'd like to know. If it can mess up the personality and give bad traits, I don't see why it couldn't mess up genetics... if the devs so desired.

I've also wondered if the rudimentary matter cubes have any hidden purpose.

There's also a child in the test-tube pedestal in that picture...
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 09:23:08 AM »
I only ever do one time cloning for my sim. I found out that the cloned sim copied all the trait bought with aspiration points but not the reward trait earned by completing any aspirations. The cloned sim did copied the starter trait from aspirations chosen from CAS.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 03:17:25 PM »
The child is a mannequin. You can drag anything, just about, into the *looks for word* umm... bubbly science stand.  ::)  And if you do find a use for the rudimentary matter cubes please post it back here. lol, I just sell them!

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 04:13:38 AM »
The child is a mannequin. You can drag anything, just about, into the *looks for word* umm... bubbly science stand.  ::)  And if you do find a use for the rudimentary matter cubes please post it back here. lol, I just sell them!

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. I mean. Yeah. I know that. I have the pedestal, and I've displayed things in it. And by all accounts I'm not entirely mentally incompetent. How did I not see it was a mannequin? Well, I haven't played the retail part much. That's my excuse. But I'm a bit worried about my own psychology now. Confirmation bias. Anchoring. It's all there.

See, I want it to be more. To have some hidden thing, where enough rudimentary matter cubes in the bubbly science stand (well put) make an alien child. Or something. After all, the test tube actually does fit a child. And it's way too big just to waste that space being purely decorative. EA could have made it a single square thing, but no. They made it 2x2. And tall. To fit a child. And I want failed clones to have more genetic variety... and transforming shows that it's possible.

But I'm so gonna* throw everything possible into that pedestal in the hope it does something to something.

*it's the thought here, and the enthusiasm, that counts. I'm really not going to do that. I have no intention whatsoever.

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 04:45:13 AM »
Oh! Sorry!  :( I feel like I've gone and burst your bubble (err...no pun intended). I totally hope you find some secret thing that does some seriously strange action that totally makes your day. Stranger things have been known to happen, after it it is the sims we're talking about, right?  :)  *Tries to cram her child sim into the bubbly science stand using bb.moveobjects*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Purplesims

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »
Is there a way to move a cloned sim out of the household by themselves??? I cloned a sim and now they live with the other sims.....or does this person go away eventually?
\

Offline dragon red

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »
Clone-sims will join the household of the person that made them. To have them move out, just use their phone or a computer and you move them out individually.

When the cloning fails I've got red-eyed clones with one or more bad traits, yes, but that picture suggests that cloning can fail in other ways too. And it would make sense if sometime genetic information occasionally gets lost or confused in the process, but I've never had a YA or Adult clone come out as elder, nor had it come out blue, nor bald with huge ears. Has anyone else had clones like that?

I've made multiple clones of my main sim Lyra using the machine. It either works properly and you get an exact duplicate only minus skills, AP, and relationships... or, you get Kyleigh... her evil clone with red eyes. My experience is that the evil clone will get both mean and evil traits. Saying that though... Kyleigh is actually very nice... far more so than my other evil/mean sim Barry is. Which surprises me, she typically doesn't initiate evil or mean actions autonomously that much at all.

anything