Author Topic: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?  (Read 33226 times)

Offline fivebyfive

• Nooboo
Re: I Love You! What's Your Name Again?
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2015, 10:28:19 AM »
This deadline really snuck up on me! Lexie Sloan ended up with 18 lovebirds and 18 GMDs.

Lovebirds = 18
GMD = 18 x 0.05 = 0.9

Total = 18 x 1.9 = 34

Offline december22

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2015, 12:18:05 PM »
I hated this challenge with a passion

26 Lovebirds and 26 GMD's

26(2.3)= 59

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »
My sim Aphrodite had 39 lovebirds and 39 gold level dates.

39 x .05 = 1.95(+1)=2.95
39 x 2.95 = 115

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2015, 06:49:04 PM »
End of the ABC - now see if I can calculate this properly.
Dee Hunter has 79 lovebirds or higher and had a gold medal date with each.

Lovebirds: 79
Gold Medals: 79 x 0.05 = 3.95
Total: 79 x 4.95 = 391

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2015, 11:24:55 PM »
Started too late and ran out of time.

Iro Otoko had 19 lovebirds and 19 gold-metal dates.

Lovebirds 19
Gold-metal dates: 19 * 0.05 = .95 + 1 = 1.95
Total: 19 * 1.95 = 37.05

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2015, 12:18:15 AM »
Frankie Free had 14 lovebirds & 14 gold medal dates.

Lovebirds: 14
GMD: 14 x .05 = .70 + 1 = 1.70
Total: 14 x 1.70 = 23.8

I have to agree with december22, this wasn't my favorite challenge. Decided to have her see the light early on, reform and stop being so "free".

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2015, 05:01:23 AM »
This event is now closed.

As I guess I now know - this event was not as popular as I had hoped. Oh well. :) I still want to tip my hat to all participants, especially ClayMask - wow! What a huge crushing victory. Well done. Everyone is now free to discuss strategy for this event.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2015, 05:02:09 AM »
I didn't manage to get a score in due to being in the middle of moving house, but I wanted to say I really did like this challenge :) I like it when my sims get to misbehave a bit!

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2015, 05:19:37 AM »
Thanks, Metro. Well, here goes another one of my long-winded explanations ;)

"Leisure Suit" Larry Laffer had the starting traits fast learner, loves outdoors, outgoing, and family oriented.  Loves outdoors and outgoing both provided better moodlets while socializing outdoors, but family oriented may have been the most important.  It allowed him to do the brag about family interaction, which raises friendship by quite a lot.  Both outgoing and family oriented also provided some easily fulfilled whims.

I paid a lot of attention to all the Sims in town, and kept a list of all the townies alphabetically.  The first reward I got for Larry was super friendly, so I could have Larry introduce himself to others, and become friends right away.  I was hesitant to have him introduce himself to too many Sims before he got this reward, but felt better about it afterwards.  Whenever he saw any Sims that would becoming up alphabetically in the next several days, he would introduce himself so that he could call them over at will.  He also sometimes bragged about family once,  asked their career, and asked for a small loan.  Knowing when they would be available for additional socialization was important, and having this source of money was nice.  This and the rewards from gold dates were his only source of money during this challenge.

Once Larry had bought beguiling and a Sim's turn came up alphabetically, he would use it as soon as he traveled to his house with the Sim. Before he bought the reward, if he wasn't in a flirty mood, I would have him turn on a confidence lamp and do a bold pick-up line instead.  This worked the same way.  Then they would walk together into a small room near the front of the lot, so they couldn't be observed from outside.  He would follow this up with flirt, offer rose, kiss hands twice, and embrace, gaining whim points for flirt and embrace in the process.  This was enough to bring them to lovebird status.  This part of the process took about 45 minutes.  He wouldn't ask them on a date at this point if they lived in a house, or if one of the next Sims on the list had to work soon, and would put it off until it was convenient, otherwise he would ask them out on a date, which was done at home, at this point.  Most of the time the date happened right then, with the date invitation providing more whim points.  Before achieving charisma level ten but after getting the great kisser reward, the date usually involved a lot of kissing, in order to help level charisma.

After Larry had charisma ten the date usually went as follows:  either sit down and talk to date or channel surf together depending on the objective, first kiss (more whim points here), whisper seductively twice, kiss twice, ask to be boyfriend/girlfriend, kiss, caress cheek once or twice, passionate kiss or give massage (sitting on the couch first) depending on the objective.  This pattern gave a gold date and took about an hour, unless it was interrupted by him introducing himself to Sims he was on the street.  It also ended with them having a pretty high romantic bar.  After the date he would travel with the other Sim to the park or some other venue, and look around for other Sims to meet while he was there.  He would then travel to a few more places without the other Sim, finally traveling back home with the next Sim on the list.

If it was after 11 PM and Larry finished a date, he would either go find people to talk to at the clubs and bars, or socialize in various ways with Sims living in houses.  If he wanted to socialize privately with a Sim who lived in a house, traveling to their home lot woke them up instantly, and he could then travel with them home without interacting first, assuming he had met the Sim in advance.  Larry would continue with all of these types of activities until 6:30 the next morning.

I felt that I would go through the alphabetical list too quickly if I didn't try to expand the population some beyond what just visiting public lots would do.  I did two things about this.  The first one is, on the first Saturday of the challenge, I trapped about fifteen early alphabet Sims.  Larry would invite many of them to dance in a small room all together, and then leave the room and I'd remove the door.  Using a pool would have lead to a faster death, but getting many Sims in the pool together had proved in my practice to be very difficult.  The trapped Sims were mostly ones that would never be romantically involved with Larry because they were spawned too late.  The process wasn't a fun one, but I knew it would be great if Larry could stop seeing these Sims around town, and see some different ones in their place. The trapped Sims ended up starving about three days later, but Larry still had dates and socialized at home while this was going on.  It did slow him down some because he couldn't leave the lot, so he had fewer options for nighttime activities.  He was ahead of schedule anyway, so slowing down was good.  The death of the trapped Sims did seem to result in the same number of Sims spawning around the neighborhood the next day.  The other thing Larry did is halfway through the challenge he chose the adopt command from the computer, and after the options showed up in the menu, instead chose not to adopt.  This caused the children that weren't adopted to be spawned in town, along with mothers to look after them.  He only did this once because I was worried that doing it more times might eventually result in culling.

Another technique I can think of that I used is I did have him bake a cake when he had some free time, and he used the same cake repeatedly to age up whatever children or teens were next alphabetically, or at least might be coming up later that day.  He would add candles to the cake again after aging up the Sims so nobody would end up eating a piece of birthday cake from the fridge.  I also had him socialize with the ghosts that he had gravestones for that he had been romantically involved with near the end of the challenge on some nights when he had free time, in order to make sure they would have soulmate status at the end.  There were also a few other Sims he socialized with a second time.  During this second socialization, I often used the brag about friends interaction more than once, in order to raise their friendship level.

The only other strategies I can remember using is I found that for librarians, trainers, and mixologists, it was no problem if they had work during their time of the alphabet.  Larry could just find them at work and ask them to come home with him using the "invite to..." dialogue option.  It seems the Sims he invited fine with leaving work during their shift.  Larry also met all his needs for this challenge using moodlet solvers.  Overall, while my laptop did not have a great time during this challenge, Larry sure did.  I had a good time too, although it could be frustrating to see a Sim spawn at a place in the alphabet I had just passed.  Considering this was a short challenge, it took me quite a while.  I'm going to say I think the long challenge in this case will actually take me less time. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Larry offering a rose

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2015, 05:36:13 AM »
Grats again, ClayMask - great info. I am assuming Larry did not play favorites - i.e. male vs female? I would think to get the largest possible pool for your alphabetical choices at any given moment you'd have to not be restrictive, but I was just curious.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:30 AM »
Grats again, ClayMask - great info. I am assuming Larry did not play favorites - i.e. male vs female? I would think to get the largest possible pool for your alphabetical choices at any given moment you'd have to not be restrictive, but I was just curious.

Thanks. No favorites.  Unlike his namesake this Larry was open to Sims of both genders.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2015, 07:49:17 AM »
Awe-inspiring score, ClayMask. I never would have thought of the family-oriented trait -- I guess he was just looking for the right spouse, lol.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2015, 07:51:31 AM »
Awe-inspiring score, ClayMask. I never would have thought of the family-oriented trait -- I guess he was just looking for the right spouse, lol.
Thanks.  That must have been it :)  He was just too picky.  Hopefully now that he's gone through the whole alphabet he will have decided on one.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2015, 07:59:13 AM »
Congratulations, ClayMask! You are so brilliant!
Larry Laffer had the last laugh and defeated Dee Hunter by miles.

Dee was a cheerful, romantic and self-assured muser.

Aspiration points:
She used memory recall combined with travel to become happy, confident and flirty at will. She also did most of the Bestselling Author aspiration. This gave her a steady income and the ability to 'recite poetry'. Eventually, the royalties allowed her to complete three milestones of the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration. And whenever Dee came home from travel, she bought a TV - which was the only 'essential' household item I kept her deprived of - and a 1 x 1 pool with either ladder or light.

Aspiration rewards:
Connections provided a one-off capital. Entering the writer career gave her the ability to write books twice as fast. She quit after using all 3 vacation days.
Incredibly Friendly was essential for building friendships. Great Kisser was not really necessary, but she had it anyway.
She also purchased a Steel Bladder and Hardly Hungry.
Dee used moodlet solvers throughout the challenge.
She did not buy 'Beguiling' because using a bold pick-up line or offering a rose worked just as well.

Her house was built very close to the street. It consisted of a boudoir with a double bed and an en-suite bathroom. Her boudoir was decorated with emotive lamps for a max happy and flirty mood. On the side, outside, she had a writer's corner with emotive lamps for a max inspirational mood.
The lamps overrode whatever negative mood visitors might be in. To give an example, a visitor bursting for a pee won't accept a rose, unless a 'positive' mood dominates this feeling of utter discomfort.

Dee kept a little name book. She befriended people in a range of 4 to 5 letters of the alphabet at a time and gradually weaved her way through the population. It was awful to have dated a 'Merrill' to then see a 'Melvin' passing by. But however careful, this happened quite a few times.

Dee was very discreet. If surrounded by Sims, all her interactions would be of a friendly nature - even if she felt very flirty. The switch from a friendly relationship to a romantic relationship was always done in secret.
She would travel with the chosen one to an empty residential lot. Streets are empty for the duration of 4 to 6 interactions. In that time, she would hug, use a bold pick-up line or offer a rose, then, ask for a date. By the time another Sim turned up, she would long be gone to the safe haven of her boudoir. There, because of travel, the street would be empty as well for the duration of 4 to 6 interactions. And she would be able to repeat the bold-up pick up line or offering a rose.
That initial hug allowed her to detect her prospect's mood. A tense or uncomfortable Sim would be taken straight home where the effect of emotive lamps secured a date in the shortest of time.

The early dates took the longest, because she had to fill up romantic bars all the way. She wanted all the relationships to last until the end without having to recap with anyone. It took on average about 2 hours to do this. Later on, this time was halved, and in the end, nearly quartered.
'Recite Poetry' was used for 'Sit and Talk with Date'. Sitting together was best for 'Give massage' too. Like Larry Laffer, she would repeat certain interactions before moving on to another: offer rose, sexy pose, kiss hands, sweet talk, passionate kiss a.o. were all done twice in a row.

If her chosen Sim was unavailable, Dee would rent a getaway in Granite Falls. Then she would use 'invite to join vacation'. This is better than 'go on vacation with' as the Sim might arrive and wave goodbye at once. Safely inside her vacation home, she would prime her chosen Sim before asking for a date. The only location for a vacation date is Granite Falls Forest. Again, there is a small window of time when no other Sims will turn up which she managed to use wisely.
But, there were instances where she had several dates in Granite Falls. In those cases, she had to be even more careful. Sims can come from three directions. Sometimes, she had to move to a more secluded spot. And other times, she had to switch to friendly interactions until the danger of being found out had passed.

Dee Hunter had no gender preference.
She only talked to young adults, adults and elders. I do not know how to age up Sims who are not under my control, so she totally ignored kids and teens.
However, married couples were game. A spouse with the family-oriented trait would become a best friend first. Other than that, she saw no difference between a married Sim or a single Sim.
Dee kissed a lot, but she never had woohoo. So, I didn't feel too bad about it.

Dee Hunter never killed anyone and I never even thought of the 'cancel adoption' scenario either.
She ended the challenge 3 days before her adult birthday, because she had gone from A to Z. :)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2015, 08:13:12 AM »
Just laughing so much from picturing her stealthy dates  ;D

anything