Author Topic: If I have 2 doctors, will they both go to work at the same time?  (Read 10490 times)

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Before I start doing this I thought I would ask.  If I have 2 Sims who both join the Doctor career, will they both go to work at the hospital?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
Re: If I have 2 doctors, will they both go to work at the same time?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »
If you have two doctors, they will both go to work at the same time- however, you can only play one of them at a time, and the other will head to work as if they had a normal career and not appear at the hospital or be playable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:17:52 PM »
Thank you for the info.  I shall plan accordingly.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 08:58:38 AM »
You're welcome!  :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:27:34 AM »
If two of your sims have the same active career and the same schedule, how does the game give you a choice of which sim you wish to "join"?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 05:12:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, in order of age; "oldest" sim first. (Quotations used because the two sims I played with were fresh out of CAS young adults.) Basically, the first sim to appear on the UI will be the one you get to join; I'm assuming if you say no the game will give you the option to join the other sim immediately after.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 05:35:29 PM »
Oh, so that's what determines the order of the household sims on the UI!
Thank you for your answer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 05:38:47 PM »
No problem! Happy to help.

Offline Krysee

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 01:05:23 AM »
Technically, the pick is by order of sims *in CAS*, which is not necessarily the same as the UI if you're playing with an overstuffed household or one that's been split/merged or had deaths ... AKA, anything past first gen.  The UI still shows by age, but if you get the household into CAS, you might find it in order of toddler, young adult, elder, child, adult.  Back when we had the bug where only three sims being able to celebrate holidays, it was the first three by CAS order as well, so a lot of us learned real fast which sims got sifted to the front.  But in a vanilla, first-gen, straight-out-of-CAS household, yeah, both of these things should match up, but it's still in order of CAS order, which will remain the order they were created in, even if one hits a birthday cake early and the other drowns herself in Vitality Wine and they shift by age order in the live mode UI.  Until you mess that order up with split/merge/death/etc.

anything