Author Topic: Retail theft?  (Read 6944 times)

Offline dstgarner217

• Nooboo
Retail theft?
« on: April 15, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »
Has anyone experience shoplifter stealing?  I had 3 slablets disappear from my new store I opened today.  this never happened at other store but it was much smaller.  does this happen?  I don't think I'm crazy.   ::)

If anyone else has experienced, or know what to do about shoplifters, would you offer any, tips, cheats, or comment experience. 

thanks  :)

Offline dstgarner217

• Nooboo
Re: Retail theft?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »
This may be part answer to my question...  I don't know.  I discovered that those slablets were never marked for sale.   :P   
Would still love to hear any thoughts about it   :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:04:26 PM »
Anything not set for sell in the store are free for sims to use. So it could be someone used the slablets and carried them off.
I've had sims sleep in beds I forgot to set for sell and shoo everyone from the store to use a toilet I didn't set for sell.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 09:19:13 PM »
The store owner can take things set for sale. Part of my store is an electronics department and I double checked all the items for sale, but the owner came and used a slablet then put it in her inventory. I haven't played retail much, so not sure about customers taking stuff.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
I played this a lot and am sure there isn't any kind of shoplifting mechanic right now. Looking back at how klepto worked in Sims 3, I can see them slipping a $16,000 refrigerator in their pockets.  ??? The way the game works, that'd be a really annoying mechanic that would require them to let us hire security. With that, I wouldn't mind it, so long as they did their jobs a little better than employees do at present.