Author Topic: Scientist Can't Water Plants at Work  (Read 8387 times)

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Scientist Can't Water Plants at Work
« on: April 11, 2015, 11:14:59 PM »
I'm stuck and tried everything I can think of.  My Scientist sim cannot water the plants at the lab.  He can harvest them, and he can garden elsewhere, but watering at work just cancels out of his que.  Apparently he is not the only one either because when he orders his co-workers to the garden, they start as if going and then stop (appears to cancel out of their que as well).  Is anyone else experiencing this?

So far, I have tried leaving the game and returning, clearing out the cache, repairing, editing the lot, planting new plants (can't even water out doors, not just the greenhouse).  I've also played him until he leveled in the career (currently level 6) as well as in gardening.  So far, I'm getting around the need to do it, but there are no plants now except what I planted in the hopes that someone will be able to water them for him.  Any suggestions?

Dellena

Re: Scientist Can't Water Plants at Work
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »
Try starting a new game with a new sim and have them plant and see if they can water.  It could be something wrong with that save file.  If they can water in the new game, then I'd go into the existing game, save your sim to your library and their lot to your library.  Start a new game and bring your sim and their lot into it.  Plant something and see if you can water.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 01:33:03 AM »
Just letting you know that in my game I can water all the plants just fine. In the greenhouse and outside. Hopefully it is just that one game file and if you start a new game the problem will not be there.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:07:59 PM »
Do you have any mods or CC? I had a problem just like yours and it stopped as soon as I deleted a gardening mod.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 03:00:13 PM »
Thank you for your responses!  I have solved the problem!  I started a fresh game and (thankfully) discovered that it wasn't my sim or file, that it was happening in the new game, too.  MegaTank mentioned mods, and I decided to tear that directory apart.  I had tested all of my mods after the most recent patch and then again after I got the expansion, but I didn't actually test for someone to water the plants (I didn't have a gardening mod installed). 

It turned out not to actually be any of the mods at all.  Instead, I discovered that two of the mods had multiple copies in subdirectories within the Mods folder.  Apparently, the duplicate copies were causing some kind of conflict resulting in the gardening issue.  Oddly enough, neither of the mods had anything to do with gardening.  I'm happy that the mystery is solved and will be much more diligent with my Mods directory in the future!

anything