Author Topic: Setting Items For Sale (Build Mode)  (Read 15411 times)

Offline danojenk

• Nooboo
Setting Items For Sale (Build Mode)
« on: April 09, 2015, 08:16:46 AM »
Is there any way to set items for sale whilst in build mode. I'm building a lot and want it to be un owned. Just a shop my sim can go shopping in, if that makes sense?

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Setting Items For Sale (Build Mode)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 06:10:45 PM »
I don't think so, but I'm pretty sure I read you can sell a shop and the be able to visit it as a customer. So you could try this as a work around. Create a builder sim, use the money cheat and make them rich and have them buy and build the buisiness. Then have them sell it and when it has been purchased, they should be able to visit it as a customer. Now this is where it becomes hazy lol, because I don't know if it would work the same with other sims you control that they can visit to. Perhaps try it with a simple store first. I'm interested in seeing if this will indeed work and might test it out later myself, but I have do do a few errands before I can play  :(
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2015, 05:02:35 AM »
OK, the work around works. Here's how I did it. While in the game that you want the store, go to manage world and find a vacant house or lot but make sure it's not where you want to build the shop. Then click on it and select 'Create New Household To Move In'.  Make a sim to move in and become the builder, I have a builder sim in my library so I don't have to create a new sim all the time. Once the sim is on the home lot, use the motherlode cheat to give them plenty of money to build and stock the store. When they have enough money, use the phone to buy a retail store and purchase the lot where you want the store to be. have them build, decorate and stock the store how you want it. Mark all the things you want for sale and open the store. I'm not sure if you do have to open the store, but I did just for fun. I had some customers come, but before anyone bought anything, I closed the shop. Then I went to the register and clicked on sell store. When you do this, your sim will be just stanting in the store, but you wont be able to interact with anything. Go home (or maybe just another lot - I didn't try that) and then travel to the store again. Once you get there, you will see a sales clerk and other customers. You can then go and buy anything that you had previously marked as 'for sale'. The empty shelves will be restocked once you leave the lot, so you can go back again later and buy the samr things you bought earlier.
Now you can switch households back to the real game family and they too can visit the store and shop.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2015, 02:00:47 PM »
@Twinmum, if another sim household bought the shop, would the shop generate passive income for that household?
I've only been playing one shop actively, but am wondering about the merits (if any) of purchasing a second retail lot (if not for use as a cemetary).

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »
As far as I'm aware, shops cannot generate passive income.  I remember SimGuruGraham tweeting about that to Crinrict a while back.  You have to be there to open it and if you leave, it closes.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2015, 12:45:51 AM »
As far as I'm aware, shops cannot generate passive income.  I remember SimGuruGraham tweeting about that to Crinrict a while back.  You have to be there to open it and if you leave, it closes.

Thank you for your response.
I was wondering what would happen during rotational play to retail lots belonging to non-active households.
So the active household can shop at them but the shops don't earn anything, I see.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »
In my opinion though it's not really worth it to just sell all buy mode items since you will better of buying yourself. Even at cheapest sale price, you will have to pay 5% extra more. It's better to setup a bakery full of excellent or impeccable dish or the perfect veggies shop saving time for other family to grow and evolve plants on their own.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2015, 03:19:32 PM »
In my opinion though it's not really worth it to just sell all buy mode items since you will better of buying yourself. Even at cheapest sale price, you will have to pay 5% extra more. It's better to setup a bakery full of excellent or impeccable dish or the perfect veggies shop saving time for other family to grow and evolve plants on their own.

What a great idea about garden produce!!! Thank you!