Author Topic: Problems in Doctor Career  (Read 21699 times)

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
Problems in Doctor Career
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:30 PM »
My SIM got evenly and smoothly up to Assistant Nurse and now I got stuck with her. 3 of 4 of her diagnoses are wrong and hence the treatments fail, she screwed up 4 of 4 surgeries, after every task she runs away to listen to Easy Listening. Does anybody have an idea what I might be doing wrong? I also noticed that the coffee brewer can't be used since it's always brewing.
Be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Problems in Doctor Career
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 11:36:22 PM »
My Sim is a doctor and I find her running off to listen to music all the time, too, and sometimes I click on examine patient and it doesn't come up in the queue, so she runs off to the wall speaker and then that wastes time. I think so far I've only had one day that she got all the tasks done to gold level without having to make her stay late.
Have you completed the promotion tasks? Where you click on the career icon, there are tasks under there to complete, too ie diagnose two patients.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:40:24 PM »
my advice for this is only : first make sure you already run every test with the patient with all available methods available to you. Like all option from the bed minus discuss general health and all x-ray, patient sample and treadmill test. if the you didn't get guaranteed diagnosis and check the option of diagnose. if there are more than two ignore that patient for now and move on to next patient. You can actually repeat this cycle for the next work day since after admitted to bed, patient will stay there until cured. If there is only two and one of the is no sickness, pick it since most of the time it was the correct answer. if there are two different sickness just save before you diagnose and load up if something went wrong. Bad diagnosis actually hurt your work performance in this career so it's better to keep multiple save just in case something went wrong.

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 10:48:44 AM »
Yes, I did everything by the book - I still get a 100% inconclusive results and weak diagnosis. I think I throw the towel for now. I'm just wondering if my game is corrupt and I should start a new one.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
I would also recommend turning Autonomy Off while at work so they stay on task.

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:17 AM »
Check all patients at day start, look for ones that already has high level of information (complete, you even get days with guaranteed patients (remember to trigger the first tag to change to diagnose, use another patient, so you don't waste time, sometimes Complete patient's only has one diagnose, so check the wheel to see if there is more than one.)

You walk up to a patient, do do the body scan, take temp and swap task as they come up in the list.

When the Body/temp/etc. one switches to X-ray/Run, you do the Analyze task, then if you get a result, do the record on the computer task.

Now your ready to go back and do the X-ray/Run test.

Is the patient ready to be diagnosed? No, run the body scan/take temp on another patient, then do the x-ray/run test on the first victim, err I mean patient.

Logic is the only skill that seems to be used, but I'm not sure if this is true.

I do update patient records on the computer at the end of the day, I'm not sure what difference it makes or what it does, but I do it just in case it *saves* information, so I can continue the next work day, instead of having to start over on unfinished patients.

With this rotation, I can finish up getting a gold badge, before the time starts showing the red warning.

Edit: If you start on a patient with Brighten Day or whatever, to get a chat going, that makes the Doctor sim stick better to patients and you work on social, many times if you don't do another social, by the time you queue analyze sample, the sim auto breaks the chat.

Other options is religiously using the pause key.

Strangely, my sim first action of the day was going for that radio, at home she had no music, but a party forced me to buy one, and she listened to it a lot, now she wants to do something else at work to run away from work.

Offline Bluebonnet

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2015, 05:16:42 PM »
Thank you all for your tips. As long as I went with my SIM I was still having problems that no diagnose could be made or treatments failed. At this point she already had met the requirements of diagnosing and treating two patients, so that couldn't be a reason for her bad job performance

Eventually I leveled up her logic skill, but more important, send her to work on her own with the option of "Working Hard". With every day the job performance got out of the red zone and started climbing up. Seems she gets nervous when I look over her shoulder :o At long last I got her promoted to RN.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ditzyscrap

• Nooboo
Help With Doctor Career!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 02:14:57 AM »
Hi...so I'm playing the Doctor career and I'm stuck! I've been promoted to Medical Technologist and can run tests and diagnose patients, but then I get a task to "treat patient" after a successful diagnosis and I'm not able to! There is never an option on the patient to treat them for whatever illness it is, but they have the red symbol showing that they've been diagnosed. All I can see is the regular menu items (Funny, Friendly, Mischief, etc) and Medical Referral which is greyed out. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong! Please help...

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Help With Doctor Career!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 03:05:53 AM »
There should be a "more" button that then shows the "treat patient", it never comes up on the first lot of options when you click the sim once you get a lot more options.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 03:30:33 AM »
I'm not sure if logic skill makes a big difference. My doctor has level 10 logic and she still fails at analyzing swabs etc, maybe less frequently now.
Dellena - I ALWAYS forget about autonomy. I think I really do need to turn it off for my doctor at work.
If I do all the tests and keep getting weak diagnoses, I will switch to different patients. I know I had one sim who had weak diagnoses and eventually, the next day, I kept testing her and she got a guaranteed result of "no illness". So I think weak diagnoses means nothing much is coming up on X-rays etc which pretty much means no illness.
I  just switched households and put a sim in the science career, I have found that is way easier than the doctor career. I find I can finish all the tasks to get gold level and she still has several hours left of her shift to invent things etc or just slack off. The doctor career I have had to extend her shift every day except for one.

Offline ditzyscrap

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 03:42:09 AM »
No "more" button. :(

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 05:07:26 AM »
Yes Science Career is in my opinion is the most rewarding of all new careers. The requirement to get promotion is also incredibly easy as you only need to discover two breakthrough at all level. Currently there is little information about what affect the diagnosis for the patient. Is it tied to logic or the job level? Or a mixture of both?

Dellena

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 07:02:09 AM »
The Treat Patient option should be there.  If not, I'd try clearing your cache files and restarting your game first.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 08:12:44 PM »
There are two topics about needing help with the Doctor career, so I'm going to merge them together.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 08:59:32 AM »
@dodi90 I believe it's just the career level. Your Sim as a technician just isn't going to make a lot of sense of the deeper diagnostics. I maxed logic early thinking it might be tied to that, and I think it may seem so to many, but it's likely just that logic will go up as your Sim is using the machines at work. Maxed logic, level 5 in the career, I had a lot of failures on the diagnostic tests. As my career level went up, there were a lot more successes and even narrowing down of the ailments. So I think it's just the one major factor, but that being focused while doing it may help significantly.

I cannot say this conclusively (just my observations) because I haven't dug into XML, but I will be making an attempt at that soon so that I can make some improvements to the pages on GTW.

anything