Author Topic: Option to Purchase Books is gone  (Read 6091 times)

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
Option to Purchase Books is gone
« on: April 03, 2015, 10:41:25 AM »
I'm playing in the Landgraab Household, and Nancy doesn't have the option to purchase books on the computer anymore.  Does anyone know if this is a bug?  The save file was created before GTW was released.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
Re: Option to Purchase Books is gone
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 10:57:35 AM »
Sorry to double post, but I figured out that it's their bookcases at the Landgraab house.  I bought a new bookcase and was able to purchase books.  None of the existing bookcases allowed for that option, however.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:50:05 PM »
Sorry to double post, but I figured out that it's their bookcases at the Landgraab house.  I bought a new bookcase and was able to purchase books.  None of the existing bookcases allowed for that option, however.

@simfulicious, this happened to me today as well. I don't move into pre-existing households usually, so the missing Purchase Books option surprised.
Like you, I replaced the bookcase with a new one.

Similarly, I had a problem with the fridge, the workout equipment, and the computers.
Fridge: Lol, I already forgot what my problem with the fridge was, but replacing it fixed the problem.
Workout equipment: Also, the Bodybuilder aspiration's "Own 2 pieces of workout equipment" wouldn't count the Landgraabs' treadmill and workout machine. When I bought new ones, however, that requirement triggered.
Computer: I couldn't "Order Parts" from the pre-existing computers and had to replace one of them for ordering upgrade parts.

Offline simfulicious

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
Glad to know its not just me...sounds like a good reason for them to move! Lol