Author Topic: Workplace Food  (Read 1819 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Workplace Food
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:39:25 AM »
Since the food available at the new job sites costs simoleans to buy, I figured that I'd use the new baking skill to make a platter of cookies and bring it in for afternoon snacking, since they last for 24 hours outside the fridge.

I left them at the receptionists desk and nabbed one for a snack in the afternoon (as did several coworkers, it was an impromptu snack break!) and then left the platter behind with 2 servings still at the end of the day and figured I'd throw the spoiled food out when I got to work the next day.

But the cookies still had 14 hours on the timer when I came back in the next day.  The spoiling countdown apparently doesn't continue when you aren't at work, so I have become the mad scientist baking lady, always coming in every few days with my latest results and since they last 2+ work days, generally everything gets eaten.

I've moved on to bagels now and the work place vending fridge hasn't been touched since I started feeding the scientists.

So, there's a helpful tip for you all!  Bring snacks!  They'll keep overnight!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Cristina

Re: Workplace Food
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 09:45:27 AM »
Thank you so much! I had no idea you could do that  :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
Re: Workplace Food
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 11:11:22 PM »
Yeah bringing food to workplace to eat is in my opinion better than trying to eat right before work. Unlike passive career, the moment you hit join, you will be instantly gone to your workplace without finishing any activity first. If you are in the middle of a meal, you wont get a moodlet because you didn't finish it in time.

anything