Author Topic: Alien Abduction!  (Read 48306 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Alien Abduction! =D
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
All my alien children have been that purple colour. Which is the colour that the mother appears as in the family tree.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Alien Abduction! =D
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 07:25:01 PM »
That's so funny. My scientist sim has just completed his second pregnancy from alien abduction. Funny thing is both the alien kids have the same alien mother in their family tree: Senior Pollination Technician #3. lol So the alien kids are full sisters and the other teen is only a half brother to the alien kids. Maybe my adult sim should change careers!  ;D

Perhaps your sim could apply for a job as Senior Pollination Technician #4?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Alien Abduction!
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 10:24:32 PM »
One of my male sims finally got abducted and "pollinated". It looked really funny at the end of the pregnancy, as he has the bodybuilder body and his arms and legs are like tree trunks, then he had this big belly sticking out.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »
Have had my female scientist abducted 3x and still not pregnant so wonder if it's just the males who can? Or just really rare on females? Other than that the abductions seem to be fairly random.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 06:37:37 PM »
Have had my female scientist abducted 3x and still not pregnant so wonder if it's just the males who can? Or just really rare on females? Other than that the abductions seem to be fairly random.

Yup, I don't currently have the GTW expansion but if I remember correctly from TS3, only males can get pregnant from abductions.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2015, 09:16:07 AM »
@snackrafice really nice screenshots, thanks for sharing. I think you covered a lot of questions on Aliens, all in one thread! Honestly I'm relieved that you can send the baby back to the homeworld. I've had a number of abductions myself and sometimes wouldn't want that in a game. Since they experimented on my Sim, they must want to see the results! So they can have it back. I figure if you keep it, you give them reason to keep running those tests...  ???

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
Well... I don't think giving the nooboo back has that effect. I gave the first nooboo back and my male sims just having his third nooboo from abduction now. And this is a different sim than the one in the screenshots from my earlier post! Hopefully the latest patch will calm things down a bit!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »
All my alien children have been that purple colour. Which is the colour that the mother appears as in the family tree.

Thanks for answering my question! Alexander is still my only male Sim that has been pollinated by Tech #3 (I play in "long" Sim lives and switch to many households throughout my neighborhood) so if he gets pollinated again I guess I am stuck with the same colored children with Alexander.

@snackrafice really nice screenshots, thanks for sharing. I think you covered a lot of questions on Aliens, all in one thread! Honestly I'm relieved that you can send the baby back to the homeworld. I've had a number of abductions myself and sometimes wouldn't want that in a game. Since they experimented on my Sim, they must want to see the results! So they can have it back. I figure if you keep it, you give them reason to keep running those tests...  ???

I agree, thank goodness there is an option to give the alien baby back and it disappears like nothing ever happened. With Alexander I decided to keep his alien daughter because he (and the rest of his family) are a bit strange and the alien abduction and child seemed to fit right in. But if I had a different Sim who got pollinated and it didn't quite fit with the "personal story" I had in mind for that particular Sim I am glad that I am not just stuck with the unwanted child or I would end up hassling to use cheats to delete the alien spawn from the family.

Oh! While I am writing this post there is something else that occurred a few days ago during my gameplay. I was playing the Caliente household and one of my female Sims (Don & Katrina's daughter, Valentina, to be exact) got abducted. Besides Alexander, she is the only other Sim I have had sucked up into a UFO during my Sims 4 gameplay thus far. She spent a few hours up inside the saucer and once the alien returned her back home she has this moodlet:

Abducted?!
Nothing gets the blood boiling like being poked and prodded on an Alien ship.

This angry moodlet lasted for four hours.

Not sure if I should assume that this moodlet (versus the one Alexander received after he was abducted) occurs only when females get abducted? I question this because Alexander worked as a scientist (previously, before the release of the GTW expansion, he worked in the astronaut career) and has skills in rocket science and logic. But my female Sim, Valentina, is very different from Alexander. She is employed as a writer (an erotic novelist to be exact, lol) and also runs a "sexy" clothing boutique. Valentina also has zero skills in logic or rocket science. Alexander has traits like "Bookworm" & "Genius" while Valentina has no traits of that type.

What I am trying to get at is maybe career, skills, and traits have some kind of influence of how your Sim reacts to getting abducted and how often they will be abducted by aliens. Any input on this from a particular Sim's experience would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Kamxam

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2015, 03:58:59 PM »
My evil genius scientist female sim seemed to think it was "Cool" and "Exciting" to get abducted from the moodlet... :)

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »

Slightly off-topic but it is a shame that at the beginning of a new game the family trees of the pre-created Sim's (Goth, Caliente, Landgraab, etc.) are not as in-depth as TS2 & TS3. It was cool to see the alien half of the family tree. I wonder where Pollination Technician #3 would come in? It would be interesting to know but I guess just because they are alien's doesn't mean that they all have to be related to eachother.

Also now I am considering creating a Smith family (originally from TS2) household to add to my current neighborhood to add more aliens into my gameplay.  ;D

anything