Author Topic: Get to Work Guides and Reference Links  (Read 12679 times)

Offline tinoket13

• Nooboo
Alien Children
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 03:44:03 PM »
So, I've been messing around a bit with the Aliens in Get to Work, and this is what I've learned.

One of my household sims made a satellite in the Scientist Track and Contacted aliens, shortly after two sims were abducted a Young Adult Female, and an Elder Male close to the end of his life. The Elder Male got pregnant with an Alien, preventing him from dying. When he gave birth I noticed two unusual options.
1) Send To Homeworld 
2) Breastfeed

The second was only unusual because he is a Male.
Oh and about an hour after giving birth he died of old age.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Guides for Get to Work
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
@tinoket13 , males pregnant by alien abduction get the option to breastfeed. And all nooboos by alien abduction have the option to return to home world. I guess in case you just don't want that many sims in your household as you, the player, can't control 100% when or if you sim will be abducted. :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 04:55:25 PM »
All the info that has been posted about Aliens is really appreciated, guys. I will be getting to that one very soon so that I can show our guests all that has been learned. Might do baking first. I've asked a couple of folks if they wouldn't mind their pictures being featured, and hope they get back to me because sometimes a member will post something *perfect* and i'd just be trying to get that same shot.

Today I updated the Get to Work Expansion page with summarized information about the major features. If I decide to put clothing from CAS and such into it, it'll be done later. I like to pick at things these days and gradually build up the information. I have to go back to literally every page created so far and make some sort of edit/restructuring or add more bits that have been discovered. It will be easier once I dig into XML for the game and learn some more about mechanics that way.

We were halfway through Sims 3 coverage when I discovered the Sims 3 package editor, which really changed the way I do things. It saved me a lot of testing/math to figure out percents and the like, so it was easier to give specific mechanic information. I have yet to really have such an excellent way to browse the data from TS4. It's searching thousands of files in a folder for words, and takes a lot more time than it did to look at S3PE and see specifics.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2015, 03:44:52 PM »
Aliens are now on the guide. Next up, I'll do baking then work on getting all the cooking tables updated :)

Offline Heart Foam

• Immortal
  • Oh the grill indoors will be fine!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2015, 11:26:26 AM »
I've found that aliens have the ability to transmute elements. I haven't experimented much, but my sim transmuted Phozone into Plumbobus.
It is a little thing of my own. I call it "Heart Foam". I shall not publish it. Farewell! Patience, Patience, farewell!

Exit Bunthorne.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2015, 01:00:14 PM »
@Heart Foam Thanks! I loaded up my alien file and got two rares myself. It seems there must be a strong likelihood of getting a good one, since we did 3 and got 3 :) I'm adding it to the guide now.

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2015, 01:17:32 PM »
If i remember correctly, aliens also can transmute elements, metals and crystals too. not just elements into others.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2015, 01:51:50 PM »
Thank you. I found it's entirely random between the three. Needed to transmute more, and didn't have metals/crystals on hand. It seems there's a four hour cooldown :) Not a bad ability, really, given how annoying it can be to get some of the rares among these collections. I'd just transmute all my commons and hope for the best.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2015, 06:12:08 PM »
I just published the guide to the Get to Work Expansion's Baking Skill, which is one of the last I need to do to make the guide complete. I'll continue with editing and try to improve things, plus we still have some base game stuff to do, so it's still nowhere near done, but looking good from this end :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2015, 04:40:26 AM »
@Carl , just letting you know there is a typo on the alien guide page under 'Transmute Elements, Metals, and Crystals' :  "There's a fouar hour cooldown on this ability"

Fantastic guide though!  :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2015, 01:07:15 PM »
Lol. I knew it'd have to make it in somewhere. I'm surprised the baking tables aren't flooded with 'A's. My A key is messed up to where putting a pinky on it causes it to spam them all over, so it's been fun to write lately. Thanks for catching it :)

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2015, 06:31:33 PM »
@Carl By the way I notice this on Scientist guide. You list Alien Aura to Gives Sims a boost to Skill gains - or should, if one can get it to work! It's actually when working, should give you mind power ability (transmute elements) like alien and unlike alien one, it won't give you tense moodlet and can be used repeatedly until the effects wear off.

I also notice that sometimes tested serums still can have failure effects. Most of the failure effects give bad +2 uncomfortable moodlet. Sometimes it gives opposite effect like Slimify serums make you fat rather than slim.

to Add:
Still on scientist page. Satellite dish also has and extra upgrade at lvl 8 scientist if i am not mistaken to detect local aliens.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 02:27:56 PM »
Ack, had I done alien earlier, I might have realized that. Thanks for this. I linked people to the alien guide so they can find what it does under the alien powers section. Someone also noted to me that aliens can turn dead space alien collectibles into live ones, raising their value and helping to complete that collection as well.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2015, 04:54:18 PM »
Just a thought about 'detecting local aliens', if you have an alien in your household and use this interaction on the satellite at your home lot... all you'll get is your own alien identified! Even if they were the one clicking on the satellite! lol

Offline dodi90

• Occult
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »
I guess it work like neighborhood hivemind. They affect the active lot and the surrounding area that didn't require loading screen.