Author Topic: Get To Work - First Impressions  (Read 16075 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: First Impressions
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 10:05:06 PM »
It seems like this expansion will be more of a hindrance than a help in most challenges, due to uncontrollable alien abductions.  I wish that they would have made an option that could be chosen to disable alien abductions.  Failing that, I wish that there was at least an option to disable or uninstall an expansion without reinstalling the whole game.

Dellena

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 05:13:18 AM »
If the challenge would allow the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, there's a Satelite Dish that you get access to with the Scientist career but you can use the cheat to buy it without the career and place it on your lot.  Once a day, use the interaction "Prevent Abductions". 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 10:20:07 AM »
If the challenge would allow the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, there's a Satelite Dish that you get access to with the Scientist career but you can use the cheat to buy it without the career and place it on your lot.  Once a day, use the interaction "Prevent Abductions".
That's true, but the challenges don't allow this cheat.  I think if there was a way to turn off alien abductions from the options though, that this would be allowed.

Offline Evma Alsar

• Nooboo
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2015, 11:21:41 AM »
I've had a sim go through the Scientist career to build the shiny new inventions and bring them home. I also learned that I could use the cloning machine to duplicate potions of youth so now she's practically immortal :P

I made her a renaissance sim with the intention of going through all the active careers with her, and noticed that when I changed from scientist to doctor careers, she could no longer use the serum-making machine at home as "only scientists know how to use this".

I'm halfway through the doctor career with my sim right now, and I've noticed that there are more and more ghosts popping up. She's lived through a couple of generations' worth of sims now, and a good 75% of her relationship panel is ghosts. Her parents had urns at home, and I noticed after a couple of days at work as a scientist, the game forgot they existed and the urns became blank. Checking her genealogy showed that the game didn't think she had any parents at all and considered her a first-gen sim. I wonder if anyone else has been having this issue?

Possibly related, but every time she woohoo's with someone at her place I get the notification in the top right that she's having woohoo for the first time. Perhaps the way the game transitions between instances makes it treat her like a fresh sim every time she travels?

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2015, 01:16:07 PM »
Possibly related, but every time she woohoo's with someone at her place I get the notification in the top right that she's having woohoo for the first time. Perhaps the way the game transitions between instances makes it treat her like a fresh sim every time she travels?

I'm not sure but I think this is related to the "Unsatisfactory WooHoo" bug that a lot of players are reporting. Did your Sim get Uncomfortable after WooHooing or was it just like normal?  If not, then maybe it's just the travel thing.

Offline Miravlix

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2015, 04:09:43 PM »
First Time, Every Time, Woohoo issue: It stops after you manage to finish a woohoo that doesn't give unsatisfied moodlet. (Think I had to use rocket woohoo to get past it)

The new active jobs create ghost NPC's. It's like they die, but the game forces them to go to work as a doctor after they died, due to the coding, that result in an active ghost NPC, running around in your world. Both Doctor and Detective has created these ghosts for me so far.

Doctor: Seems great, good variation in daily tasks.

Detective: Seems awful, you end up completing the level 10 requirements before level 4.  Every day is the same as any other, there is no guidance for what you have to do at a crime scene, but at least one can figure it out after a while, Interrogation though, no guidance and you're just randomly clicking options until you finish, if there is some "mini game" aspect to it, that can make it fun to beat the criminal, I've yet to figure it out.

Bought an empty retail store, but it had zero cash, after searching the web, I learned I was supposed to have a button to transfer money from house funds to store (Near the money indicator in the UI), but I didn't, also none of the retail menu buttons worked, couldn't even sell the lot.

First impression is, lots of bugs and no fixes for base game bugs.

Dellena

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2015, 07:09:25 PM »
Regarding interrogating in the Detective career:  I haven't done it enough yet to figure out exactly which method to use, but pay attention to the type of conversation you're having.  The criminal can be defensive, worried, smug, etc.  Their state of mind seems to have an effect on the best method to interrogate them.  Like with smug, I found the best method was bad cop and talking about prison.  Nothing in the 'good cop' worked on them.  They all seem to hit the worried stage just before confession.  I need to do more experimentation with it but am busy just now with my baker. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Neurotic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2015, 10:48:02 AM »
I don't play Sims 4 but from what I've seen it looks good.
I'm neurotic all right...

Offline richieassy

• Nooboo
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2016, 01:28:23 PM »
 I like those expansions better which add to the gameplay, therefore I prefer get to work to get together.

Offline Happy

• Llama Wrangler
  • Sims 3 is awesome!!!
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2017, 03:52:32 AM »
Retail is one of the easiest ways of making money in my opinion. Since you just need to buy an empty lot and put a cashier and buy things like a guitar and a bookshelf and you could sell it for lots of money. My favorite new addition in Get to Work.
People shouldn't insult each other, after all, we all are human beings, how different are we?

anything