Author Topic: [BUG] Mail Not Delivering? *Fixed!!*  (Read 32751 times)

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
[BUG] Mail Not Delivering? *Fixed!!*
« on: March 29, 2015, 07:41:01 PM »
I've sent probably upwards of two dozen items to the Geo Council, written letters to and asked for postcards from pen pals - yet my sims never get any mail, only bills. Is there a possible fix for this?

Edited to Add: (Thank you ClayMask!!)

It looks like the bug has been reported here.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Geo-Council-not-mailing-back/m-p/4443547#U4443547

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link above and click the Me Too button. -- If we click me too for it, that should help get it some attention.

--
Suggested Workarounds can be found in links below. (Thank you both!!)

Cheezey's possible work-around
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23247.msg407576.html#msg407576

ClayMask's possible work-around
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23247.msg407912.html#msg407912

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the link above and click the Me Too button. -- If we click me too for it, that should help get it some attention.

Edited By: MrsFlynn - Apr.03.2015

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Mail Not Delivering?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »
Other people on the official forum have been reporting this problem, too. Also, you have to be careful not to "get mail" but the "pay bills" when the bills come. Otherwise, you end up with a letter in your inventory that can't be opened and a broken mailbox.

The only thing I can suggest is repairing your game in Origin (right click on the picture of your game and "repair game" will be in the menu that comes up.)
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 09:33:28 PM »
I wonder if repairing the game would erase Emiwankenobi's collection records?  I know it erases achievement records, so I'm concerned it might.

I wonder if deleting the old mailbox and adding a new one would help.  Have you tried that?

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
I just repaired my game, and it didn't affect the collection record.

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 01:09:28 AM »
I did repair my game, it had no impact on the collection records (thank goodness, I hadn't even thought of that!). I tried deleting the mailbox and adding a new one. No luck.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:10:45 AM »
Is this happening in a game you started before the patch? I'm asking because I have the same problem in a pre-patch game but not in one that I started after the patch.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 09:37:22 AM »
I have this bug going on. I can't get elements, or anything else, in the mail in my current save.  Somehow my mailbox has gotten broken.  I'm almost sure it started when I completed the decorative egg collection. Before that, I'd been able to get a postcard and my bills in the mail. When I completed the collection, I got a popup saying that a bunny was coming by to deliver something special, but I never saw a delivery and never got any mail. My sim did not get any mail after that. No bills, no postcards, and no geo council items.

I tried to reset the mailbox with testing cheats, which made the bills arrive, but the "get mail" option was greyed out when it shouldn't be. I was able to pay the bills, but still can't receive any items. This is in a save started after patching. I tried clearing and repairing the install of the game, but that did not fix the problem.  I did not factory reset.  I do have mods, but being that I've seen people posting about this issue who have no mods, I don't think they're the problem, and none of them are on the list of mods broken by the patch over at Mod the Sims.

Also, I never did get the stuffed bunny reward! I can buy it from buy mode, but I'm thinking the reward one I got is somehow broken or bugged and that's why the mailbox no longer works.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 09:50:05 AM »
Cheezey, did you check your family inventory? That's where my bunny showed up. I don't know whether completing the eggs collection is the problem -- I'm not getting mail in a game where the collection hasn't been completed yet.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 10:02:55 AM »
Just want to report a similar problem. I still get bills, but the 'get mail' option is greyed out. One curious thing: I completed the postcard collection, but never received a postcard. However, when I completed the space rock collection, I received an orchid twig in the mail.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 10:50:41 AM »
Cheezey, did you check your family inventory? That's where my bunny showed up. I don't know whether completing the eggs collection is the problem -- I'm not getting mail in a game where the collection hasn't been completed yet.

It wasn't in the family inventory.  For some reason, I never received it. 

Somehow I got the mail delivery to work once, although I never received any of the old geo council stuff I sent or postcards I requested.  That happened after cleaning the caches, repairing install, and resetting the mailbox with testing cheats, and after I had put several items in the previously empty family inventory.  I sent more stuff to the geo council, but on the next mail delivery, all I got was a popup saying my bills were here. "Get mail" was still grayed out.

I'm going to test requesting a postcard or two, and see if that works.

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 11:26:56 AM »
I started this save after the most recent patch. It was working as normal for awhile. I'm not positive, but I do think the mail halt coincided with my completion of the eggs collection.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 02:38:30 PM »
Just wanted to mention that I got no postcards on second run and no orchid twig for completing Space Rocks either. I did receive one postcard very very early in the game. Maybe, I should have waited asking for it until I could ask for them all? Also, a repeat demand of sending metals to GeoCouncil did not work.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 02:49:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure my mail box is stuck now too.  I got most of the way through the postcard collection before it broke, but now it's been about four days and the rest of the postcards I requested haven't arrived.  Neither has the stuff I've been sending to the Geo Council lately.  I don't have a bill stuck in my inventory, and I haven't even completed the Easter egg collection.  Sometimes I see the "mailman" walking around across the street with flag over her head that says "mailman," so it seems like she's supposed to be delivering the mail, but she never comes by.  I hope EA fixes this soon.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 02:53:44 PM »
I'm pretty sure my mail box is stuck now too.  I got most of the way through the postcard collection before it broke, but now it's been about four days and the rest of the postcards I requested haven't arrived.  Neither has the stuff I've been sending to the Geo Council lately.  I don't have a bill stuck in my inventory, and I haven't even completed the Easter egg collection.  I hope EA fixes this soon.

Me too, ClayMask. This is such a pain!
I'm planning another test run soon. The eggs can't be avoided, really. But by grouping both postcards and items for GeoCoucil into what should be one mail delivery, I hope to circumvent part of the problem.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 04:07:29 PM »
It looks like the bug has been reported here.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Geo-Council-not-mailing-back/m-p/4443547#U4443547

If we click me too for it, that should help get it some attention.