Author Topic: Patch Problems? Black sim portrait and game freezing, weird graphics  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Caterina

• Occult
I am having an issue that I wonder if it is related to the Easter Eggs.  My gardener/frogger sim's picture is blacked out.  Also, my game froze the last time after having the same issue.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
Re: Patch Problems? Black sim portrait and game freezing, weird graphics
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:36:12 PM »
My game has many random glitches after patching.  Sometimes an action gets stuck and I can't cancel it.  Sometimes certain whims don't count. Sims seem to bounce around the screen when they move instead of walking.  My game is always patched up, I have no mods.  I repaired the game.  Now I'm going to delete cache files but I fear that yet another patch will need to be released.
Cynthia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:41:54 PM »
Hi Caterina,

We're not being able to find anything on this bug/glitch. So your best bet may be to report it to the official answers.ea.com forum to see if they may be further help.

Answer HQ > The Sims > The Sims 4 Bug Reports
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

In the meantime you can try what CynKuy suggests - Delete cache files, repair game, maybe reset Sim.

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 04:03:51 AM »
Thank you.  The game hasn't froze on me again yet.  The other issue with the sim portrait in the UI being black seemed to be temporary though it did reoccur on the second startup.  Thanks again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »
Hi Caterina,

Since this seems to be a reproduceable bug/glitch, you may want to report it to the official answers.ea.com forum. So if anyone else runs into the problem. They have some tips on how to fix it.

Answer HQ > The Sims > The Sims 4 Bug Reports
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything