Author Topic: Suddenly Freezing and no choice, but to close  (Read 2399 times)

Offline TheItalianSim

• Nooboo
Suddenly Freezing and no choice, but to close
« on: March 26, 2015, 07:18:00 PM »
So this has started suddenly today, not too long ago. I been able to play the Sims with no problems with CC content. I was even playing earlier today when I decided to take a break. I come back to play it  when suddenly my game would freeze when it started, stopping on the Sims 4 logo then close. I took out all my CC to see if that was a problem and sure enough it would load up fine. I began to put them in by folder names like 'building', 'accessories' and so on. It was when I got to hair and clothes did it suddenly begin to freeze. Now hair just made it freeze, but not close. Clothes made it freeze and close though. I tried putting in the oldest mods I had of hair first and it would freeze and close. I don't understand why it would do that when those were old mods I had for a long time and suddenly the game can't handle it. The most recent time I installed CC was the 23rd and it has been working fine until 3 days ago. I did have a mod for relationship decay and did remove that. It seems like my hair and clothes CC are making the game freeze before closing.
I did delete cache files, turn off origin, and nothing seems to do anything.
 Any help?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Suddenly Freezing and no choice, but to close
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »
Hi TheItalianSim,

Due to the recent patch, it is recommended to make sure the mods and/or custom content is up to date. Sometimes the patches will mess up how the mods and/or custom content work, causing incompatibility issues.

You'll need to go through the custom content and mods to find which need to be updated.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheItalianSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 11:32:23 PM »
Ah darn :I Do you think they'll fix this? I can already tell going through each one is gonna be such a pain since I love finding CC hair and clothes so there is a lot.

When you say 'see which one needs to be updated' do I have to go back to where I got it(like the source) or somehow check somewhere else?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:54:41 PM »
They most likely won't fix the issue with incompatible mods. As that's up to the individual mod/custom content creator to keep up to date.

However, I'm sure given time there will be someone that will have a program or whatnot that will help you go through mods and custom content.

What I mean is that you'll need to take the mods/custom content out of the mods folder. Create a temp mods folder. Move all the mods/custom content into that folder. Copy the mods/cc one by one till you find the files that are out dated.

Here's an howto of sorts. --

Custom Content and Mods
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,21899.msg403089.html#msg403089

If you find that the content is outdated, then you'll most likely want to search for it again.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline TheItalianSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 12:01:39 AM »
Well I'll hope someone does that and perhaps they will since I may not be the only one with this issue.

I see what you mean and I remember doing that a bit before so I suppose I got a head start for myself.

Thank you for helping and replying back so fast!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 12:16:35 AM »
Speaking of finding a program that will help with going through custom content/mods this page may be of help.

For tools and other important links:
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/welcome/links/

I just found this link, I don't know if any of the tools for the cc or mods will help, but it may be worth looking into.

MrsFlynn

Offline TheItalianSim

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 12:55:02 AM »
Oh cool thank you! Appreciate this and I will look at it a lot more tomorrow since it is late by me. Thank you again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything