Author Topic: Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer (07/4/15)  (Read 9954 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer (07/4/15)
« on: March 25, 2015, 12:27:02 PM »
Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer

I came across this challenge a while ago and only recently decided to give it a go. It's actually been pretty fun and I love being able to use a TON of lots from the gallery.

Challenge rules are here.

Chapters

The First Explorer: Part One
The First Explorer: Part Two
The Second Explorer: Part One
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 12:34:21 PM »
The First Explorer: Dates, Dates And More Dates

The First Explorer had no TARDIS to claim as her own so she decided she'd manipulate Sims into giving her simoleons work hard to build her own. Painting was the easy option.

In no time at all she'd raised enough to build the basic TARDIS. The bigger on the inside however would take many moons to complete and get right and painting was a rather slower process than she'd anticipated.

It took some effort for her to play the part of a lovestruck human Sim. Johnny appreciated her attention and she even surprised him with a kiss.

Gavin took a while to charm, but after many steamy showers and blowing of kisses she managed to take their relationship further.

While J Huntington III melted into her arms, the Explorer's eyes were already straying over to where Nancy Landgraab dried off from her swim.

When Sims declined to visit her home, the Explorer broke into theirs and stole the hearts of their partners instead.

Did the Explorer ever feel guilty for playing with the hearts of so many Sims? No, she did not. In fact, she became tense and aggravated when she wasn't with a new partner or after bad woohoo.

Gold medal dates were easy to accomplish, especially at the dead of night when most Sims should be sleeping. During one such date, Don Lothario took a dip in the pool and 'lost' his clothes. He questioned the Explorer's method of hiding his modesty with a rose.

The Explorer worked on her charisma when she could take a break from wooing the neighbourhood, the sooner she could get more loans from her many lovers, the better.

Bella Goth was impossible to pursue. The Explorer asked her for a large loan with no problems though. Sims sure were strange creatures.

Old Morty was equally impossible and more willing to give simoleons away.

Dates with Johnny were becoming her favourites. Whether it was at the park or his place during Simmington Abbey.

Getting Eric Lewis to break up with his wife may not have been the Explorer's best decision after seeing the look of disgust on little Olivia's face.

One date, however, went wrong when the Explorer took Don home with her and Johnny choose to visit at the same time. After that he changed his number and was never at home.

Commercial Lots Used:

Romantic Park by manonchat (Kissyface With Johnny)
Bayside Spa And Fitness by EpletViktor (Naked Don)
Country Club And More by maramaja06 (Working On Charisma)

Residential Lots Used:

Waiting For Santa (Roomies) & Bella Vista (BFF) by cbrock72
Parkshore Charmed by egwarhammer (SKL)
Four Gables by Marski746 (Goth)
Moderny Home by fb00139992 (Pancakes)
Hickory Lodge by DippyDesigns (Zest)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Cristina

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
I love this story! The Explorer is so evil, I love her! Can't wait for your next post  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 01:48:21 PM »
@Cristina Thanks for reading  ;) She was a lot of fun to play, especially since I got to mess up all the relationships, lol.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:54:23 PM »
The concept of this challenge looks really interesting! I actually haven't seen a single episode of Doctor Who, but the concept of changing names and faces while being the same person is really fascinating to me. Can't wait to see where you go with this challenge!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:19:05 PM »
OMG this is great... I have been looking for a challenge like this without realizing it was what I was looking for! lol Loving your story. That shot of Don and poor old Jonny walking away was just priceless!  ;D
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2015, 08:25:18 AM »
@officialghosts I do love that about this challenge, even on-fans get to enjoy it  ;D
@Playalot I was also looking for something similar or just DW inspired. Don must have glitched out, he spent the whole day in his birthday suit  :P Poor Johnny, I never give him a break but this time it was the Explorer's fault, not mine  ;)

Thank you for reading, I'm way too slow in writing so bear with me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »
The First Explorer: B-B-Breaking Up & Making Up

The Explorer moved on to her next romance despite the feeling of loss now Johnny was out of the picture. Something about him made her heart ache and kept her awake at night when she was in bed with another lover. It was becoming a struggle to juggle so many boyfriends and girlfriends, the Explorer had to start building her TAHDIS soon. Just a few more loans would sort it out.

Geoffrey Landgraab cried like a baby when she broke up with him.

It's not me, it's you, she told Eric. Alice snorted and added there was no way she'd be taking her cheating rat of a husband back.

C'mon, how can you break up with this face? For all the smoulders J put on, the Explorer would have given him an A for effort but her mind had been made up.

Dear, sweet Gavin. It was so hard to break the news to him. Zoe Patel was delighted and practically jumping on the chance to be his rebound.

Eliza and Don were indifferent when she went around to theirs, they parted as friends.

Despite pouting and refusing to meet her eyes, Johnny still accepted a friendly date to Granny's Kitchen - nothing like traditional cooking to break the tension between them.

Johnny Zest, of all the partners I could have picked in all the Simverses, I'm choosing to be with you.

What about your non-committal trait?

You know, I believe there is a cure for that called Carefree.

He didn't look too bad with a makeover and that mole of his was rather sexy.

Johnny was given a day to adjust to his new life, it didn't help that he was ambitious and wanting to start a new career. He was happy to catch up on Simmington Abbey while the Explorer went back to painting - someone had to expand the TARDIS soon.

The Explorer racked up quite a lot of whims from all the woohoo and romantic interactions she and Johnny performed.

Johnny was now her housekeeper and glued to the computer, bringing in simoleons from hacking the accounts of the Langraabs and Don Lothario.

It would soon be time for the Explorer to regenerate into her next self. Before all that, she and Johnny travelled the world.

The heat of Morocco only spurred on their passionate affair.

Paris was cooler, filled with boutiques and bakeries that they took to wearing clothes with elasticated waists and nights were spent wandering around aimlessly to the tune of street buskers.

In England they toured around the set of Simmington Abbey and dined at a real British Pub.

The evening before her regeneration they camped at a National Park, and rented a cabin when the insect bites were becoming intolerable.

This is it, she said. She was all smiles but there was a part of her that was afraid - what if she and Johnny no longer loved each other? What if he decided he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in a blue box? Or with her?

Whatever happens will happen, she told herself and took a sip of the Regeneration Potion.

First Explorer

Unique Traits: Bro, Noncommittal, Romantic
Aspiration: Serial Romantic
Colour Theme: Raspberry

Goodbye to First Explorer <3 She was so much fun to play - mainly because I lived out my fantasy of dating all the Sims I couldn't with my Immortal Dynasty, lol. She earned a lot of money too through paintings more than all the unpaid loans!

Commercial Lots Used:

Granny's Kitchen by RubyRed_1023 (Making Up)
Hamurabi Lounge by EpletViktor (Morocco)
Little Village Park by momochin5122 (Paris)
Lord Simongton Pub by EpletViktor (England)
Secluded Wood by vzakv (Camping)

Residential Lots Used:

Blue Door Retreat by Tashifae (Landgraab)
Parkshore Charmed by egwarhammer (SKL)
Waiting For Santa by cbrock72 (Roomies)
Moderny Home by fb00139992 (Pancakes)
Cute House In Desert by Rosa_Urbz (Lothario)

Cristina

Re: Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer (06/4/15)
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »
I did not expect her to choose Johnny but I'm glad she did, they look really cute travelling the world together. I can't wait to see the Second Explorer!  :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2015, 06:34:21 PM »
@Cristina I've been such a bully to Johnny it was about time he had a happier time with one of my Sims, lol.

Cristina

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 06:42:19 PM »
 ;D Fair enough. I'll never forget his heartbroken face after catching her with Don (which I found very amusing but that's just cause I'm heartless)  :D. But I agree with you, he definitely deserves some happiness

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 06:48:47 PM »
Oh that was great! I'm so excited that The Explorer ended up with Jonny. I loved all the different lots. It's time consuming setting up stuff like that but it's so worth it when it comes to telling a story.  :D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 09:59:02 AM »
@Cristina It was disheartening to see and I guess it was one of the factors that got me to keep Johnny on as a partner  ;D
@Playalot I think it took me 2/3 hours to choose lots and get them all placed, I am dreading the time when all the current lots are used up and I have to install new ones but you're right, when it comes to it storywise and for screenshots it is fabulous.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 11:09:55 AM »
The Second Explorer: A New Beginning

The first thing she felt was warmth. Her spirits lifted as this new life took form, she was now the Second Explorer.

The was an awkward silence and Johnny stared at her, bewildered by what he'd seen and neither of them knew what to say.

You're blonde, he said.

With a sexy mole of my own?

He chuckled. Yeah.

If she'd been First she would have then jumped up and ran to the nearest mirror but she wanted to know herself through Johnny's eyes, not her own.

What do we do now?

There was plenty of money saved up so neither were in a hurry to pursue new careers or skill like crazy. Their empty schedules soon became occupied by trips to the pool and nightclub during all hours of the day.

The Second Explorer was happier than she'd ever been. Being family-orientated and new rule additions meant she could do the one thing she dreamed of: start a family.

It began with a surprise proposal.

They were too late to catch the last train home from Granite Falls so they had a pre-wedding celebration of campfire roasted hot dogs and sticky marshmallow for dessert.

Back home there was no one to witness their union but the birds chirping happily in their trees and the butterflies that danced overhead.

The Second Explorer saw the first signs of mortality when it came to Johnny's birthday.

Sims she had pursued were growing old, and Geoffrey Landgraab had passed away a while ago. Her darling Johnny grumbled as he ate his cake slice and pinching his suddenly flabby cheeks.

Commercial Lots Used:

Aqua Nightclub by TheSimSupply (Pool)
Camp At The Cave by anja_gersti (Proposal)
Magic Garden Wedding by aryannehawker (Wedding)
Surf N Turf Water Park by sakuraleon (Birthday Bash)

Rooms Used:

Sweed Dreams by pavlaprovaz (Honeymoon Suite)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Time Lord Challenge: The Explorer (07/4/15)
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 02:12:57 PM »
Oh what a gorgeous wedding! I love the beautiful clothes and venues you use. The Second Explorer is just stunning.