Author Topic: Celebrities in other Worlds  (Read 6350 times)

mattverg7

Celebrities in other Worlds
« on: October 31, 2010, 04:25:54 AM »
I've been trying to get celebrities to work in other worlds than just the default places. I have a world called Elba Village that I like to play in because of its large size and amount of homes and population in it. The only problem was that my character's career ended up disappearing (movie actor) since this new world didn't have a movie set for his job. I fixed that by putting in a movie set and added several other places such as a bars and dance clubs. What I am noticing is, unlike Sunvalley or the new downtown city that comes with Late Night, is that my celebrity sim loses their celebrity stars completely in this new city.

I am thinking there's certain places I need to add into the world/neighborhood in order to gain back the celebrity stars am I right? If so what place or places is it that I'm missing that is stopping the neighborhood from having celebrities?

Thanks.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Celebrities in other Worlds
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 04:52:57 AM »
Hi and welcome to our Forum!

I'm not an expert on other worlds, but I think there's a good possibility that the celebrity aspect of the game is something that has to be programmed by Electronic Arts.  It's not a thing that's produced by a particular building or anything physical that you can add to the world.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

mattverg7

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 06:17:06 AM »
So does this mean that celebrities can only be maintained through Bridgeport? I had a character which had the celebrity stars in Twinbrook but I attempted to create another new sim in Twinbrook and do not have the celebrity stars. I feel like something has gone wrong with my game or something I'm doing wrong?

Ankaret

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 06:22:09 AM »
I'm another newbie here and I'm sure other people can give you a better answer, but I had celebrities show up in Barnacle Bay as soon as I installed LN. The head of my Sim family's mean-spirited, commitmentphobic grandson showed up with one star over his head, and when I invited him over one of his uncles got a star from jamming with him.  So I don't think it's just Bridgeport that gets the celebrities.  I haven't seen anyone with more than one star yet, though.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 06:35:09 AM »
If you mean a new Sim you have just made is not a celebrity then that is normal, your Sim must become friends with another existing celebrity to gain a star, otherwise no stars will show up when you hover over your Sim. I have had Celebrities in two games in SV and even in RV so I think it should work.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

mattverg7

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 06:48:58 AM »
Yeah I just now figured that out. THANK GOODNESS I CAN GO TO SLEEP NOW... spent all night/morning trying to build this new world and then to find out I was having troubles with getting celebrities had me tripping out.

But I did solve that you do have to become friends with an existent celebrity. I think this makes it kind of troublesome because that simply means the only way to get celebrity status is through other celebrities and moving into a world that does not already have existent celebrities kills the whole concept to begin with.

Anyway in my research I have decided to move some saved sims from Bridgeport that have existing celebrity stars to my new world instead which hopefully in time will spread as celebrities communicate with other sims and spread the stars.

anything