Author Topic: Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All  (Read 47015 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Collection Obsession: Gotta Catch 'Em All
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 06:12:33 AM »

• The Curator Aspiration is banned (see General Rules).

This ban has been revoked. See the General Rules for an explanation.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 06:42:08 PM »
Metro said on the Traits thread that he didn't know if any new collections would be coming with the Expansion Pack -- there is one: geodes. I think they'll only be found on the planet Sixam, though.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2015, 06:53:40 PM »
Metro said on the Traits thread that he didn't know if any new collections would be coming with the Expansion Pack -- there is one: geodes. I think they'll only be found on the planet Sixam, though.

Okay, thanks, Marian. The Geodes collection would be off the table for expansion owners then. Not everyone will buy the expansion, so we need to keep it as fair as possible.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2015, 11:11:40 AM »
The team is not sure how the new EP will impact the two current events. So...

• The Get to Work EP is banned for this event. You may install it, but please avoid the new content - Aspirations, careers, skills, whims, etc.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2015, 11:07:29 PM »
I hate to admit defeat on such an easy challenge with so few restrictions, but sadly I DNF and deleted my file with Banjo Bear and Kazooie Breegull. (If you don't get the reference and why I named my Sims that, you aren't a video game nut.  ;D) I am just too busy - I am going to try to find a job which has more hours and thus less time to play any games, and I need to focus on games I can finish without cheating(like Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - I'm on Terra's story now - and my MMORPG addictions) so Sims is basically just a hobby to me. I will probably just try an unofficial version of this challenge in a more legacy style. (EDIT: I am glad I quit when I did after learning that Get to Work will not be allowed for this challenge - not like I'll ever be able to afford it anyways...)

However, I did want to note a few things... (gets canned by the mods because he almost revealed strategies.) Sorry about that.  :-\ I wish the rest of you good luck and I am bowing out of the Sim Challenges for good. (Not Sims in general - now that the new update has added basements, I can start working on family museums with portraits of my Sims! ^_^)

I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Plum

• Nooboo
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2015, 04:30:00 PM »
Screenshots are not to be posted along with our final score- right? I ask, because the collection screen shows which items were collected and I think that information might be a bit strategic. I know we're required to take them, but I just want clarification if they should be posted or not.

Kenny and Connie Collector just had their adult birthday. I'm so glad I decided to do this, I'm loving it. :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2015, 05:43:39 PM »
Screenshots are not to be posted along with our final score- right? I ask, because the collection screen shows which items were collected and I think that information might be a bit strategic. I know we're required to take them, but I just want clarification if they should be posted or not.

Kenny and Connie Collector just had their adult birthday. I'm so glad I decided to do this, I'm loving it. :)

Correct. A screenshot would only be PM'd to the team in case any questions arise - or after I close the event you are free to post a screenshot in this thread.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 06:45:18 PM »
Since the most recent patch, my sims very rarely receive mail - maybe once per sim week, if that. This is causing problems with certain collections. I did some googling and it seems to be a known issue. Does anyone have ideas on how to trigger mail arrival? Or is that cheating? It's just getting to be frustrating, not being able to work on certain collections.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 06:49:57 PM »
Since the most recent patch, my sims very rarely receive mail - maybe once per sim week, if that. This is causing problems with certain collections. I did some googling and it seems to be a known issue. Does anyone have ideas on how to trigger mail arrival? Or is that cheating? It's just getting to be frustrating, not being able to work on certain collections.

You cannot ask for tips while events are live. I am sorry about the bug - but, we're all having to deal with it.

Offline emiwankenobi

• Nooboo
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

You cannot ask for tips while events are live. I am sorry about the bug - but, we're all having to deal with it.

Oops, my bad! Thanks for the response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Plum

• Nooboo
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »
I'm going to try to phrase this question in a way that doesn't give anything away or discuss strategy.

Certain collections are listed as having, for example, 30 total items, but additional Outdoor Living items that aren't included in the total. If you collect one of the OL items, it will list it as X/30 + 1. There is a collectable item from Outdoor Living that Carl includes in the guide, so I'm assuming it is allowed, so would that also mean we count the additional + x number of items in addition to the items in the collection?

I hope that makes sense and doesn't give too much away.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 08:34:22 PM »
Plum, Nutella's post on the first page addresses your question. It's the 5th or 6th one after the rules. Welcome to the Forum and good luck!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Plum

• Nooboo
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
Plum, Nutella's post on the first page addresses your question. It's the 5th or 6th one after the rules. Welcome to the Forum and good luck!

Thank you for the welcome! This is the second time my answer was on the first page…whoops! Sorry!

Offline Plum

• Nooboo
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 02:45:10 AM »
Kenny and Connie Collector have a total of 312 points.

208 Items and 5 completed collections.

208 X 1.50 = 312.

Phew. That was a lot of fun!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2015, 10:46:32 AM »
Reminder:

Players please remember that the "Easter Egg Collection" DOES NOT count.