Author Topic: Still no promotion  (Read 2673 times)

Offline darla7561

• Nooboo
Still no promotion
« on: February 22, 2015, 03:36:53 PM »
I have a couple of sims who cannot seem to get promoted no matter what I do.  I have moved them to a new house, they have completed their daily tasks repeatedly.  Please, any ideas?  I have also repaired the game through Origin.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Still no promotion
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 05:11:27 PM »
I have a couple of sims who cannot seem to get promoted no matter what I do.  I have moved them to a new house, they have completed their daily tasks repeatedly.  Please, any ideas?  I have also repaired the game through Origin.

Once again having this issue with my Chef.  I've noticed she leaves the house in the proper mood, inspired, yet the minute she greys out at work her mood changes to happy and no promotions are forthcoming.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 05:20:15 PM »
Have you also satisfied the other promotion requirements (usually skill related)?  When they leave in the proper mood, how are you getting them inspired?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »
Have you also satisfied the other promotion requirements (usually skill related)?  When they leave in the proper mood, how are you getting them inspired?

Yes, as to requirements.  Using decor items but now will use a thoughtful shower or cloud gaze.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:17:06 PM »
Yes, as to requirements.  Using decor items but now will use a thoughtful shower or cloud gaze.
Decor items only work when your Sim is near them, so they'll work when your Sim is at home but not at work.  This is why your Sim's mood was changing when they got to work.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 11:21:46 PM »
Have they met the skill requirements or any other requirements that there might be for a promotion?  Where on the performance bar is their performance?  Is it moving up over time?

Dellena

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2015, 01:37:27 AM »
Decor items are only useful if you sim will be skilling near them (or, for instance, using a flirty decor item in the bedroom to help get them 'in the mood').  So if they need an emotion to stick with them off the lot, then they will need to do something that gives a buff lasting a number of hours.  For inspired, the thoughtful shower or cloud gaze are good options with cloud gaze giving the longest buff (6 hours).  And it doesn't take long to get the cloud gaze buff.  Even if they only have 5 minutes before work time starts, get them to cloud gaze and as soon as you see the buff pop up, cancel the cloud gaze action.

Similarly, children and teens should use the chess table to 'ponder moves' just before school (if you're working towards getting an A).  Once they have an A grade, it isn't necessary as completing homework each day is enough to maintain the A.  In fact, once mine have the A, I have them do their homework but slack off at school to keep their fun high.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2015, 04:39:50 PM »
Decor items are only useful if you sim will be skilling near them (or, for instance, using a flirty decor item in the bedroom to help get them 'in the mood').  So if they need an emotion to stick with them off the lot, then they will need to do something that gives a buff lasting a number of hours.  For inspired, the thoughtful shower or cloud gaze are good options with cloud gaze giving the longest buff (6 hours).  And it doesn't take long to get the cloud gaze buff.  Even if they only have 5 minutes before work time starts, get them to cloud gaze and as soon as you see the buff pop up, cancel the cloud gaze action.

Similarly, children and teens should use the chess table to 'ponder moves' just before school (if you're working towards getting an A).  Once they have an A grade, it isn't necessary as completing homework each day is enough to maintain the A.  In fact, once mine have the A, I have them do their homework but slack off at school to keep their fun high.

I had bought the inspired reward for my Sim but when she had to go to work she was in a Happy mood.  I took your advice and she cloud gazed with her spouse.  Didn't take long at all and that buff lasted all through work.

Ponder moves for kids is a great tip!  Heir number one is not here yet but will definitely use this one for those A grades.  Thanks.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything