Author Topic: Please help me stop restarting my sims 4  (Read 2014 times)

Offline AmyLR94

• Nooboo
Please help me stop restarting my sims 4
« on: February 21, 2015, 03:15:50 PM »
Hi my name is Amy, I love playing the sims collection and adore playing the sims 4. For some reason though I make a family, play them for a bit and then I start completely over :(

I hate going this as I would like to try and get far in a family and job etc. Could anyone help me with ideas to try or building etc please I just would like to carry on playing without starting again all the time.

Thanks again xx

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Please help me stop restarting my sims 4
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 03:40:30 PM »
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

If I'm not in the mood to play my current family I try challenges, there are many on this forum. You can find them here. Writing stories isn't necessary but it's fun to do. Reading other peoples stories and challenge attempts is also a great way to get you back into your own game, especially when you learn something new and want to try it for yourself. Hope that was helpful.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline AmyLR94

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »
Hi Amy, welcome to the forum.

If I'm not in the mood to play my current family I try challenges, there are many on this forum. You can find them here. Writing stories isn't necessary but it's fun to do. Reading other peoples stories and challenge attempts is also a great way to get you back into your own game, especially when you learn something new and want to try it for yourself. Hope that was helpful.
Thank you :) that has helped :) I have just had a quick scan through them. At the moment me and my brother have a couple who are lesbians (and are married). We are creating a cabin house with help from the outdoor retreat exp, and my girl is in the business career and my brothers girl is athletic career and that is all we have been up to so far :) xx

Offline firegrl94

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
Hi Amy!

I have this problem a lot too. It took about 2 months to get to a game in Sims 4 that I wanted to continue. I really enjoy legacies and "perfect" games - getting all unlockables, all skills, completing all aspirations - with aging off. Don't be afraid to change the way your game plays to focus on what you enjoy. Do you enjoy CAS? Something I enjoyed in The Sims 3 was sending random townies to CAS and giving them makeovers. How about your create families to populate your world, so you know them all? How about Build Mode? Then you could make a single Sim whose only goal is to make money, and work up to buying a mansion of your own creation. Do you like children, or  teens, or maybe even ghosts?

Let us know how you get on and if you would like any more advice!