Author Topic: Bridges  (Read 2658 times)

Offline Psilofytt

• Nooboo
Bridges
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:37:20 AM »
Hi. Does anyone know how to build a bridge, for instance over a pool in Sims 4? I've tried both pillars and foundations, with move objects on and off. I've found a lot of tips and tricks for Sims 3, but none of them works in 4. We cannot lower the terrain in 4, am I right? If there are any pre made bridges I haven't noticed that will definately work too. Thanks.

Dellena

Re: Bridges
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 01:28:48 PM »
As far as I'm aware, there's no way to remove foundation and leave the floor on the ground floor.  You could have a bridge that is one floor high (would be kinda weird) since second floors don't require a ground floor beneath them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:39:47 PM »
There is a lot on in the Gallery that has a house over water.  I have no clue how she did it, but you might be able to post something on her wall and get an answer from her.  Her name is "findjoo" and her work is amazing.  The lot with the house over water is "Fantasy Village."  There are four houses on the lot, and the one in the back right (green) has water under it.  I would assume building a bridge would be the same principle.

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 06:15:24 PM »
The bridge on that lot is one storey tall which is what I had mentioned earlier.

Offline Psilofytt

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 07:13:13 AM »
Thank you for your answers! I have already tried out buiding a storey over the pool, and that worked perfectly. I agree that a brigde that high would be way too weird, that's way I wanted help on this. I will nevertheless check out the Fantasy Village. Thank you.
Still looking for answers on the pool bridge, though.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 05:25:29 PM »
I don't think it's going to be possible because you cannot (at this point) have a floor without foundation. Period.  You can have foundation without the floor, but not the other way around.

anything