Author Topic: Home For The Elderly  (Read 9534 times)

Dellena

Home For The Elderly
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:33:53 AM »
I'm thinking of building a home for the elderly in my game.  It seems like after a while, there's a lot of houses with single elderly people in them.  If I had a home for them to go to, then it would open up a lot of houses to add younger families.  Might be a fun project.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Home For The Elderly
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:08:07 AM »
mmm, where's that like button?  ;D
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:01:25 AM »
Plus the Fill Empty Homes only works in the neighbourhood your sim lives in.  I was playing the 3rd generation of my Immortal Dynasty and checked Oasis Springs (I've forfeited getting in the Hall of Fame due to some cheats/mods).  There was one family living in the whole town!  So I housed a bunch of the "Not In This World" People.  For Willow Creek, nearly every household was an elderly person.  I'm definitely going to make the old folks' home.  And I hope someone writes a mod soon that will actually fill the homes of the towns and not just the neighbourhood you live in.  If someone knows of one, please PM me. :)

Offline apothecaryrose

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:54:05 AM »
I just made one.

Here's an album of what it looks like.
http://imgur.com/gallery/ouF3K/

If you like it, you can find it in the gallery under my username (apothecaryrose) or #retirement. For some reason, it's registering that there's CC in it. I only have mods, no object CC so you'll have to turn the advanced feature that includes CC to see it.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
Great work on that retirement home, apothecaryrose! I might grab that for library.

Dellena

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 11:48:54 AM »
Cool!  I'll grab that one for some of my saves.  I'm in the middle of building a more modern looking one along the lines of the museum in Oasis Springs as the inspiration.  Nice build!

Offline apothecaryrose

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 11:57:08 AM »
Thanks guys.

Dellena when you finish with it, if you could post it, I'd love to see what you come up with!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 05:27:08 PM »
Yep, I'll post a few screenshot when I finish.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 11:26:17 AM »
Apothecaryrose, I put that retirement home you made in a game of mine last night.  There were no less than 10 single elder households floating around my town, so I was able to condense it down nicely using that lot. It looks great in game, by the way.

Offline apothecaryrose

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 12:42:00 PM »
Thanks, Cheezy! Glad you like it. Though credit really goes to Dellena since she posted the idea. I just ran with it. Definitely helps get the elders out of the way. I've been splitting elders from my other houses to to give them more room as children grow up.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 03:41:57 PM »
@apothecaryrose That is really lovely, it's great that the rooms are well proportioned and everyone has a private bathroom and plenty of things to do.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

anything