Author Topic: Children and Teens  (Read 4092 times)

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
Children and Teens
« on: February 17, 2015, 11:42:42 AM »
Hey everyone. A quick question and notice. I have just recently got into playing Sims 4 so I am less familiar with what is going on. I just have read the townie information from the forum and while helpful I was wondering why there is a lack of children and teens in the game. I realized early on that my sims children were not getting the friends in their relationship panel like sims 3 after using "make friends" at school and I have read that now on the guide as well.

My question is or rather asking for help is - how do I go about getting more children/teens for my sims to interact with? Should I be hunting down these townies and trying to get our children to interact or is there other ways I can get more children and teens in the game and get them to meet at school or something?

Hopefully someone can help me. Always been a fan of children and teens on the game and I am a little disappointed so far on that aspect of sims 4.

Thanks again!

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
Re: Children and Teens
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 12:00:14 PM »
kimdacutie You have to look for the kids try Willow Creek park if you live there or Oasis Springs park. Sometimes I see kids walking down my street on both either morning or after school. Teens you have to look for too.... Since the update I can just hover over ppl on the street and see if their young adults or teen. Hope This helps

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kimdacutie

• Llama Wrangler
  • Hello Simmers!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 12:08:52 PM »
kimdacutie You have to look for the kids try Willow Creek park if you live there or Oasis Springs park. Sometimes I see kids walking down my street on both either morning or after school. Teens you have to look for too.... Since the update I can just hover over ppl on the street and see if their young adults or teen. Hope This helps

Okay I will try that thank you!

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 11:03:34 PM »
If you go into Manage World, then Manage Households, and choose Unplayed, you can see all the townies the game has generated (it says Not Currently In World). I also think the game generates townies based on the household you created. My single sim adopted a child, and when I went to look at the townies, there were an awful lot of families with a single parent and a child, whereas other games I have had hardly any children townies. As townies tend to disappear, if I find ones I like, I will move them into a lot so they stay in the game. If there's a lack of children or teens, I often make a household with a few kids so that my sims kids have someone to hang out with.

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 08:15:32 PM »
Every time you go to adopt, the town generate 3 infants and 9 kids for you to choose from.  Once you leave that screen, it puts each into a household, usually with a young adult woman.  That's why you see more kids after an adoption; the families generated aren't due to your family's composition.  I take advantage of this when I need kids in town for my sims to make friends with - I start an adoption and cancel it.  Then I go to manage worlds and merge the new families with kids together, and then stick them into a house to keep them from getting culled.