Author Topic: New Genealogy Feature  (Read 2503 times)

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
New Genealogy Feature
« on: February 07, 2015, 05:01:10 AM »
Took a break from Sims for just a little while and, wow, there is so much new stuff going on!

I was curious about the new genealogy feature though. I looked at the patch notes and the official website links from the loading screen but wasn't able to confirm that this is what would amount to 'story progression'. I'm guessing that it is but I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to more in-depth game play as I was more of a builder or casual player. Does anyone know if the genealogy feature progresses the stories of townies or non-playing households? As in, will it show more than just lineage but have your townies progress in life (skills, kids, job, etc) like a playable sim would?

Dellena

Re: New Genealogy Feature
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
It's not story progression.  It's just the family trees back in the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 02:54:38 AM »
It's not story progression.  It's just the family trees back in the game.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. So this isn't really a big added feature then? From what I can tell there just seems to be somewhat more kiddos in the neighborhood.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:39:17 AM »
Thanks so much for the quick reply. So this isn't really a big added feature then? From what I can tell there just seems to be somewhat more kiddos in the neighborhood.

I've noticed that age groups tend to visit lots en masse, so to speak, so if you notice a bunch of kids, it might just be that it was a kids kinda day, if you know what I mean.

Offline IronicBeauty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:46:51 AM »
I've noticed that age groups tend to visit lots en masse, so to speak, so if you notice a bunch of kids, it might just be that it was a kids kinda day, if you know what I mean.

I did notice that when I saw one kid walking along the sidewalk outside my house there was usually a few more coming in tow. What did surprise me was I saw a kid in the bar (just one). I don't think I've ever seen that before.