Author Topic: The Fitzwilliam Centre: An Asylum Challenge. Complete  (Read 52031 times)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Fitzwilliam Centre: An Asylum Challenge. Complete
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:36:45 PM »
Sunday 31st

Dear Dairy,
So this is me doing what I love best, alone and quite happy.

Not that I'm a loner, in fact I quite like chatting to people. But wait, this is coming out all garbled. Let me start at the beginning Diary, as I want to keep an accurate account of what I am doing and not start half way through.

It all started with a letter. Actually, no, it started before that. It started when other people noticed that I have some unusual quirks to my personality. I'm mostly fine with them, I guess it bothers others more than it bothers me. So I actually can't quite remember who suggested that I go see Mr. Smith but I'm glad I did.

Mr. Smith is the most respected psychiatrist in Willow Creek and now my most trusted mentor. Even so I was pretty stunned when I received his letter. I'm just going to glue it in here as I can't be bothered to write it all out, anyway, it should be here as it's the singular most life changing piece of correspondence I've ever received.

"Dear Matt,

It has been my long held hope for your future that you will indeed come to the point in your life where you are ready to face such a task as I am proposing, in order for you to test and finally understand all your unique and wonderful abilities.

I believe that you are now at this point in your life.

Tomorrow you will start your new position as caretaker in the Fitzwilliam Centre. You will be in charge of up to seven patients who I'm sure you will connect with as they have faced similar health concerns as you have. They each have to achieve their intermediary goals in order that they can gain their freedom from your centre and become fully functioning members of society, healthy and whole, resilient, once again ready to face life with all it's up's and down's.

In the process of helping, guiding and mentoring these patients you too, I firmly believe, will become happy and healthy, ready to move on to your next stage of life. How exciting for you Matt. It is not everyone who receives such an opportunity.

Yours most sincerely,

Brent Smith.
Ph.D, M.D., M.S.,Psy.D."

The following pages were lists of rules and requirements that I will glue in over the page. Diary, I was stunned, strangely a little excited but mostly nervous.

Had I known exactly what Mr. Smith was proposing I would have probably fled.

I'll write more tomorrow, I need to go grab a bed before they are all gone...

Matt Fitzwilliam.

Diary Entries:
Monday 1st
Tuesday 2nd
Wednesday 3rd
Thursday 4th
Thursday 4th Night
Friday 5th
Monday 8th
Tuesday 9th
Wednesday 10th
Thursday 11th
Friday 12th
Saturday 13th
Sunday 14th
Monday 15th
Monday 15th Night
Tuesday 16th
Wednesday 17th
Thursday 18th
Friday 19th
Saturday 20th
Sunday 21st
Sunday 21st Part 2
Monday 22nd
Tuesday 23rd
Wednesday 24th
Thursday 25th
Friday 26th
Saturday 27th
Sunday 28th
Monday 29th
Thursday 14th
Friday 15th
Saturday 16th
Sunday 17th
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Fitzwilliam Centre: An Asylum Challenge.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 03:37:16 PM »
Rules that I am following for the Fitzwilliam Centre Asylum Challenge

I have PM-ed Pam for her permission to post the rules mainly because otherwise my story won't really be understandable without them!

I have written these rules myself. My motivation and inspiration comes from all the many asylum challenges gone before this one, both The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. I have added new rules and changes some old familiar rules and concepts.

Hopefully it will make an enjoyable read; it certainly has been en enjoyable way to play TS4.  :)

The main goal for this challenge is to get as many of the patients skilled enough to leave the asylum while your main sim achieves as many skills and completes as many aspirations as possible within the allowed timeframe. Sounds easy? It's not! You are only ever allowed to control the Caretaker sim. No other sim can be directed in any way.

For this challenge there will be an easy mode, medium mode and hard mode.

Setting Up

Create your main sim in CAS. They must be a young adult. You can choose whatever you want for looks, clothing, voice and walk styles. They must have the insane trait and the other two traits can be anything you want. You can also choose any aspiration.

After finishing your main sim, create seven other sims. They all must be young adults and they must all have the insane trait. The other two  traits and their aspirations can be whatever you want. Only one sim in the house can have the neat trait at any time. (I recommend having a few opposing traits across the sims just to make things interesting). None of the eight sims are allowed to be related, so set their relationship to roommate. If any of these sims die, their graves must be kept on the lot. (This would now make an haunted asylum!)

Next step is to build the asylum on a residential lot in either Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. The size of the lot does not matter. You can  build the asylum yourself, download a house from the Gallery and modify it or modify an existing house in Willow Creek or Oasis Springs. Money cheats such as motherlode, kaching etc. are allowed. Depending on your mode of difficulty depends on what objects are allowed in your asylum, but all objects must be the cheapest. (Cheap counters, cheapest oven, fridge, bin etc, cheap beds, cheap couches, cheapest shower, toilet, sink etc. The only exception being bookcases which you are free to choose which ever one suits your build style).
You cannot have objects in the asylum which affects a sim’s emotions or which prevents fires. Ever.(No crystals or emotional paintings etc)
When you have finished building the asylum you cannot modify further, unless sim's get stuck in a certain area or your 'leaving patients' gift you a new skill building item. (More about that later.)

When you have finished creating your asylum, your family funds must be at the required amount for your difficulty. You will need to use a cheat to do this.

Gameplay

You must only select your main sim, you are not allowed to click on the other sims at all to check their needs or to direct them in any way. This includes during a fire. (No directing any sim other than your main sim to route to safety.)
Once a day you can click on the other sims to check their skill levels. When doing this your game must be paused.
You may click on another sim in order to answer a phone call or ignore their phone calls as you wish.
Cheats/mods/hacks which boost sim’s needs or skills are not allowed. High free will must be turned on, so the other sims in the asylum will do things by themselves.
Potions Of Youth are banned.
You can not use your inventory to reserve items for yourself. For example, you can't put a book in your inventory just so no one else can use it when you want it.
The age settings can either be on normal or long, it’s your choice.
No rearranging of furniture to reserve or use something for yourself. For example, you can not wake up a sleeping sim to get the  uncontrolled sim out of bed so your main sim can sleep there.  No removing doors to reserve a room for yourself. If a sim dies you must keep the grave on the lot. If their ghost gets too annoying (e.g. they keep breaking objects) you can banish their  ghost if it's ruining your enjoyment of the game.

Leaving Requirements

For a patient to leave the centre they have to have 3 skills to level 5 or have maxed one skill. (I may tweak this depending on how well the sim's autonomously skill up)
As a patient is declared well and is moved out of the asylum, they may leave the house a 'Leaving Gift'. This could be for example, a stereo or an outside grill, or one more skilling item.  This leaving gift could also be a cheap chair or cheap bed if you have been unlucky enough to have a patient die. (Remember, all household items must be of the lowest or cheapest variety. Beds, chairs, plumbing, electronics, kitchen appliances etc)
The only limits are your household funds and that only 1 item is allowed as a leaving gift per sim that is leaving. (e.g you are lucky enough to have two patients leaving in one day, that means you can have two leaving gifts.)

Upcycling

Once you have completed the required number of aspirations you may begin to upcycle (replace) household items with ones that cost more and are of better quality. You may only do this in progressive stages and as you can afford it. For example upcycle a bed from the cheapest to the next most expensive one...This does not mean you can buy THE most expensive bed even though you may have the simoleons to do so. You can only upcycle any item once a day although you may upcycle every item of that particular type, (e.g beds) in the house on that one day if you have the funds and have completed the required aspirations.

Adding new Patients

As patients met the leaving requirements you will need to 'accept' a new patient into the asylum. You must have 8 sims in the asylum at all times. You can either add new patients to the house through downloading from the gallery or asking a sim to join the house.  You could even have some pre-made sims ready in your own library just waiting for the chance to join the asylum! Remember every patient must have the insane trait and only one neat sim in the house at any time.

Difficulty Modes and Rules

There are 3 different modes of difficulty for this challenge.

Easy Mode:

Starting funds: $1,000
Max one skill, then you are free to use reward potions on your main sim that are one use. (e.g Hygiene or Sleep Replacement are allowed,  Never Weary or Green Thumb are not as they are permanent.)
Complete one aspiration and you are free to start upcycling household items!
Can have the TV and the computer at the same time.
Two sinks, two toilets and two showers/bathtubs.
6 beds in total, and in any combination of singles or doubles etc.
There can only be total seating for 8. So plan how many dining room chairs and lounge chairs you want. You can only have 8 in the whole house. A loveseat = 2 seats.(Chairs for chess table or cards table do not count as they are skilling items but be fair, make them the   cheapest, after all this is a challenge!)
You may only have a total of 6 Skill building items in the house.
You may have 1 Computer, 1 bookcase, 1 mirror, and 1 T.V in the house. (You may swap one of these items for a stereo as you wish.)
No one in the asylum is allowed a job, except you and only if it is to complete an aspiration. Once the aspiration is complete you must quit  the job. Your main job is to take care of the patients.
Having a maid is allowed.
You can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting at anytime and for as many times as you like. You can travel to other people’s houses and community lots anytime but When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you) If a sim dies, no objects have to be deleted.
No fire alarms at all.

Medium Mode

Starting funds: $500
Max two skills, then you are free to use reward potions on your main sim that are one use. (e.g Hygiene or Sleep Replacement are allowed, Never Weary or Green Thumb are not as they are permanent.)
Complete one aspiration and you are free to chose one type of household item to upcycle. (e.g. beds or shower etc)
Complete two aspirations and you are free to start upcycling household items!
You cannot have a TV and a computer at the same time. If your sim chooses the Computer Whiz aspiration for example, then you should have a  computer. You may change it for a TV once the aspiration is complete if you wish too.
One sink, one toilet, one shower/bathtub.
5 beds in total, one bed must be a double. (e.g. 1 double and 3 singles OR 2 doubles and 1 single)
There can only be total seating for 6. So plan how many dining room chairs and lounge chairs you want. You can only have 6 in the whole house. A loveseat = 2 seats.
You may only have a total of 5 Skill building items in the house.
You may have 1 bookcase and 1 mirror and 1 stereo
No one in the asylum is allowed a job, except you and only if it is to complete an aspiration. Once the aspiration is complete you must quit  the job. Your main job is to take care of the patients.
No maids.
You can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting anytime around your neighbourhood and for as long as you like, but only once a day. You can only travel to other people’s houses and community lots during the hours between 9:00am-9:00pm. (When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the asylum along with you)
If a sim dies, 1 seat must be deleted.
No fire alarms at all.

Hard Mode:
Starting funds: $100
Max three skills, then you are free to use reward potions on your main sim that are one use. (e.g Hygiene or Sleep Replacement are allowed,  Never Weary or Green Thumb are not as they are permanent.)
Complete one aspiration and you are free to chose one type of household item to upcycle. (e.g. beds)
Complete two aspirations and you are free to chose one more type of household item to upcycle. (e.g showers)
Complete three aspirations and you are free to start upcycling household items!
You cannot have a TV or computer or a stereo at the same time. (Exception for a short time while an aspiration or party requirement is being  met. Once completed the extra item must either be sold again or placed into the family inventory.)
One sink, one toilet, one shower and no bathtub or shower/bath combo.
4 beds in these combinations: 2 singles and 1 double OR 2 doubles.
There can only be total seating for 4. Including dining and lounge. A loveseat = 2 seats.(Chairs for chess table or cards table do not count  as they are skilling items but be fair, make them the cheapest, after all this is a challenge!)
You may only have a total of 4 Skill building items in the house.
You may have 1 bookcase and 1 mirror.
No maids.
Can leave the lot to go fishing and collecting once for as long as you like between the hours or 7am-3:00pm. You can only travel to other people’s houses and community lots during the hours between 9:00am-9:00pm. (When travelling to another lot you must bring everyone from the   asylum along with you)
If a sim dies, 1 bed and 1 seat must be deleted.
No fire alarms at all.

Note: Only exception to travelling is for a date for an aspiration or whim requirement. Obviously you only need travel with your date, and may do so at any time.

Scoring (Optional)

The challenge ends on the day of your elder birthday when you can use a Potion Of Youth to return to the beginning of your adult life span and enjoy your freedom.

+1000  for every patient who has become well enough and skilled enough to leave the asylum.

+200:  for every aspiration your main sim has completed.

+200:  for every friend made outside of the asylum residents.

+100:  for every skill maxed to level 10.

+ 10:  For every level of any skill a leaving patient has over and above their Leaving Requirements.

-1000: for every Sim that has the misfortune to die because of your ineptitude.

-100:  per sim who pees themselves.

-100:  per sim who passes out.

-200:  per fire which has occurred.

-200:  per day when any of the services are cut off and for each service. (water cut off -200 per day. Water and power both cut off  -400  per day)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 03:37:32 PM »
Monday 1st

Dear Dairy,

Today has been different. Here I am greeting the new patients. I do put a smile on my face, I guess the camera just caught me in an unguarded moment. Although they do say the camera never lies...

As we walked up the steps I noticed two things, one the infamous resident artiste, Winston Hollingsworth was a flirt and two... keeping my eye on Nick Knethen was going to be easier said than done.

We spent some time chatting and getting introduced to one another. I'm pretty sure everyone was shocked at how sparsely furnished the centre was and just how tatty all the second hand furniture looked, however no one actually said anything.

Once I had done the 'meet'n'greet' with everyone, which was rather pleasant actually, I noticed that someone was missing.

I went upstairs to see if Nick was in one of the bedrooms and happened to glance out the window. Far out! We'd only been in the centre less than 10 minutes and I already had an escapee! I could feel the stress beginning to build.

I hurried downstairs. The last thing I wanted for everyone to know just yet, was that we only had four beds in the place, one of which was pretty useless in some aspects as it was a double. I decided we better head out to the gym for our first fitness lesson. After all the best medicine was fitness. Or was the saying laughter? Either way... we were heading out. Together.

Everyone was pretty happy to be going out. I hadn't realized but they had all thought that outings were banned. So let me just add in everyone's names in case in future years I can't remember.
From the left is Bo, behind her is Jon, then Nick, behind Nick is Kira and behind her is Arianna although you can't actually see her. I will try to find a better picture of her and stick it in later. Then on the far right is Pearl.

So, then I got stuck with Winston. He just wasn't buying my philosophy that fitness and well-being go hand in hand. No matter how enthusiastically I tried to fire him up... he just didn't get it.

In the end I had to put my foot down and tell him to get on the weights machine. He had the gall to tell me that he is an "artiste!!" and does not risk his creative hands by getting 'physical'. I guess, looking back, it was funny, but at the time I felt a sense of despair at ever getting this centre to function properly if I couldn't even encourage one person to try something new.

Jon took it all in his stride. Nice guy. Fairly quiet but a deep thinker.

Kira's a bit of a princess. She had a close call there.

So did Arianna. Didn't think she was going to make it for a second or two.

I was really impressed with how much effort both Bo and Pearl put in. They both really want to get out and get on with their lives. I hope I can help them.

I have to give Kira her dues. She did come back and give her 100% top effort in her second work out. She gets quite flirty and it's kind of a turn-off I think for most people. But hey, we're all here to learn so, you know, maybe her social skills will improve as she spends time with us all.

It was getting late so I quickly whipped up a batch of hamburgers.

They actually tasted pretty good, even if I say so myself. Not bad for my first attempt at cooking.

If I remember correctly, I don't think we were too happy when we got back. Mostly pulled muscles and such.

Oh yeah, and exhausted.

It was then I remembered that I hadn't told everyone about the beds. So my well thought out 'sleeping roster' went out the window. Winston, Pearl and Arianna ended up dragging themselves next door to the park.

At least the weather was warm.

I do feel bad about the bed situation. It's out of my control though so I guess we are all just going to have to work together on this one.
Well, I'll write more tomorrow, now that I'm all caught up with my life and I must try to find time to have a quiet talk to Nick about the signing out book so he just doesn't keep taking off to who-knows-where.

Matt.

P.S Nick Knethen has been very kindly lent to me by dethdukk. Nick comes from the wonderfully witty Knethen Immortal Dynasty

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 04:40:17 PM »
This will be cool!

weaselpie14

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 05:01:03 PM »
This looks like fun! Bookmarked already :-) good luck!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 05:55:54 PM »
@Lisa46  @weaselpie14  Thanks for reading and commenting so soon! Hope you both enjoy.  :)

*edited
@Nettlejuice , thanks! I know, I was thrilled when Dethdukk said I could borrow Nick! *squee*

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 06:16:38 PM »
Yay, another Playalot story  ;D And a crossover as well, you trying to kill me from overexcitement? =P
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 06:42:37 PM »
Tuesday 2nd

Dear Diary,

Today started with listening to complaints about Kira's lack of respect of personal boundaries. Apparently she has been walking in on people while they are using the...um toilet. Arianna, Bo and Winston are all getting pretty uncomfortable with this and fed up. Poor Winston said it has happened twice to him now. I practised my 'active listening' and reflected back their concerns promising to have a talk to Kira as soon as she woke up.

I thought about the issue as I cooked breakfast.  Sharing one toilet, sink, and shower was never going to be easy between 8 sims but it was only now that I began to appreciate just how difficult this was going to be.

I brainstormed some possible solutions with Pearl and Nick over breakfast. I had thought the conversation had gone well.

Nick however decided otherwise and demanded his own personal suite. Yeah, wasn't going to happen. No matter how loudly he yelled nor what descriptive adjectives he ascribed to me, he was just going to have to learn how to share.

Upstairs there had been a potty race happening.

Later on the sound of raised voices brought me into the lounge area. Seems like someone had used the last of the shampoo.

Arianna said it was like rubbing salt into the wound when Bo admitted it was her, just to be smiled at by Kira and told that it didn't matter. Pearl was nearly asleep on her feet, poor girl.

It didn't surprise me to find Pearl passed out. Made me feel pretty badly though. I felt the familiar stabs of anxiety course through me as I thought how horrible a job I was doing when patients were passing out on the not-so-clean floor. *deep breaths, deep breaths*

A little later Nick told Kira a few home truths. Probably didn't do her any harm but I couldn't continue to have the patients fighting amongst themselves. There had to be some way to keep everyone happy.

I was going to tackle the issue with Nick that night but I changed my mind when I saw his mean left hook. After all it was pretty impressive that he was actually doing something positive and working on his fitness skills. I didn't want to interrupt that.

I don't think Nick got a bed after his work out.

I kept writing and drafting out sleeping rosters only none of them seemed to work. 8 sims, four useable beds... ugh.

I didn't sleep very well. Maybe it was the full moon.

That or the fact that Nick kept wandering around all night long.

Maybe he suffers from insomnia.

It also doesn't help that the bare floorboards are creaky as anything.

I could have swung for Nick when he let the bathroom door slam shut.

I got to the bathroom door just as he let out a tremendous roar. Apparently he was telling his friend, the toilet, a story.

Worst thing is was that not only did he stink the place out, he also broke the plumbing.

I cheered myself up by playing an old but good game where you take control of some little people and make them do you bidding. Sounds silly but it is strangely captivating. Anyway, I had nothing better to do seeing as Nick not only woke me up with all his.. goings-on, but he also nicked 'my' bed. Hmm... I guess his parents named him aptly.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 06:50:46 PM »
Ew, Nick really had to go  ::) Poor Matt, hope he doesn't have to clean up after everyone.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 07:26:15 PM »
@Nettlejuice , yeah, a bit more detail on that side of things in the next diary entry...  ::)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 07:47:00 PM »
Wednesday 3rd,

Dear Dairy,

Bo started out the day cheerfully working on her logic skills. Go Bo! Actually, this is a really nice photo of her.

Winston's taken to walking around in his boxers all day. Pearl says she doesn't mind at all. If it gets him back to the point where he wants to begin painting again then I don't care either.

Nick still can't seem to get to the shower. Least he slept well. (Note: that's a sarcastic comment, I'm still a bit peeved at not getting a bed for the night, although I shouldn't be... but I am.)

Winston keeps creeping up on me. It's not doing my nerves much good.

Seems to be keeping him amused though.

Now, future me, I've included this picture for a reason. Yes, I'm on the toilet. Notice the shut door and empty room.

Notice the now open door and the cheerful idiot Kira who is now walking in on me.

Now notice the fake cry of concern and look of put-upon horror.

Yeah. I'm too annoyed to talk to her about it right now. But boy, this behaviour has got to stop.

On the up side of things, Winston has finally began to paint again. I'm thrilled. He said his skill feels very rusty and that it is like learning to walk all over again. I think it has been all the cloud watching we've been doing together that has finally inspired him.

I decided to join Jon in a workout. Nothing better for relieving stress.

I wasn't looking forward to 'that' conversation with Kira. I mean, for crying out loud, how do you make it to young adulthood and not know that walking in on people is just wrong?

In a moment of frustration I gave the bag a shove.

Note to self: don't do that.

Yeah. Turns out I'm expected to repair all broken items. It's in the small print at the bottom of the regulations etc. I didn't see it until I was looking for a repairman's phone number.

At least I'm learning a new skill. *sigh*

At all times of the day... Oh I'm soooo tired.... now I'm not writing this to whinge, although I can whinge in my own diary if I want to, but rather to remind myself just how hard all this is when I look back. 'Cos after all what doesn't break us makes us stronger. Right Dairy?

Unfortunately the Franks and Beans I cooked up for dinner are having an adverse effect.

One of the worst things about this centre is that you know everyone's business.

No matter how discrete you try to be.

Oh gawd, I can't do this.

That's it for tonight Dairy, I've got some fixing to do.

Matt (who wishes he were some place else right now)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 08:06:08 PM »
I have tears in my eyes. I have to laugh silently because my husband's watching television. Kira and her boundary issues (or lack thereof), and the picture you got of all of them when they left the gym. Priceless!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline dethdukk

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 08:13:27 PM »
Very amusing story so far.  I'm glad you're enjoying having Nick in the household, it's cool to see him in a different setting.  The Asylum looks very good by the way, love your building style.  And the beans... hahaha!  I feel bad for poor Matt.
Knethen Immortal Dynasty
Double Time Dynasty Rules (A modification of the immortal dynasty)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:27:55 PM »
@MarianT , lol glad you're finding it funny! It is pretty hilarious to play although that girl Kira... gee every single time... there she goes! It's like she's programmed to walk in on any sim using the facilities!  ;D

@dethdukk, happy to know you don't think I'm abusing Nick too much! It is fun seeing your own sim's in another place etc. More pictures of the asylum in the next dairy entry. I wanted it to 'fit in' with the surrounding houses etc while maintaining a sort of 'boarding house' feel. Yeah, no more beans ever. Eww, just too revolting.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 09:02:18 PM »
Thursday 4th

Dear Dairy,

I'm a walking zombie. Just so tired. Normally I try to start every morning with a work out. After all I have my set of goals to work on as well as worrying about working on everyone else's. I just couldn't do it today. Three punches and then my arms were like dead weights.

Then I snapped Rachel's head off as I tried to cook breakfast. I don't even know why I did that. I think it's because I'm so tired.

I apologized immediately. Rachel has been nothing but kind and supportive since the day we first met in the gym. She has always been only to happy to mentor me and help me with my own fitness goals. I hope she won't stop being my friend.

I ended up crawling back to bed for a nap after breakfast, it was either that or pass out. Winston played chess with Nick but later told me that Nick kept looking for his arch-enemy under the chess table. Maybe the overwhelming tiredness is getting to him too. Oh for a decent nights sleep...

I don't think I need add anything else to this photo.

Or to this one.

Nick and Arianna seem to be getting along 'rather' well.  Note to future self: the emphasis on 'rather' indicates a marked romantic interest between these two. I wonder if anything will come of it. If I was a betting man I would say so, time will tell eh.

Nick quite enjoys trolling The Forums, 'nuff said.

Winston's discovered the bliss of solitude, outside, gazing at clouds. I am envious of his ability to do this. That sounds so sophisticated, actually I'm green with envy and burning up with jealousy. All I get to do is cook, clean, fix things, sleep, eat... Future self: scribble this out if things change in the future, it's a bit embarrassing to admit all this.

I've started a garden. After all I've got to get money from somewhere to pay the bills.

Winston sells all the art he makes to help. He says it's the least he can do and anyway he is just so happy that his creative inspiration has returned.

So here's what else I do to earn some money. I come out of the centre and turn left.

Here I find the first wild flower plant to harvest.

Then I carry up the path until I come to a few dig sites.

Round a bit more until I come to this garden.  Which is full of harvestable plants. It's great.

Across the road, more dig sites and wild plants.

Across the road again and under the tree next to Goth Manor for some mushrooms, lilies and a frog or two.

Then along the river bank for some more wild flowers. I usually have a quick look at the centre from here to make sure everything looks o.k. Not that I can really tell but it helps to ease the nervousness I feel when I leave everyone alone for any length of time.

A quick pit-stop in the park, just in case there is a queue when I get back.

And then today I had the time to have a quick chat to Alex Goth who lives next door. I don't encourage him to visit but I like chatting to him when I see him about. I really love kids. I had hoped to have some of my own one day. I guess if I ever reach my goals this could still happen...

Then when I got home Winston had completed another painting. They just keep getting better and better. I'm pleased for him.

Nick has taken up cooking. Great! Everyone's got to get those skills up. He seemed a little engrossed with telling his newly found tomato friends a story. I'm not one to judge.

Although I did think his then chopping them up into little pieces was a touch ruthless.

I may add some more later tonight, depends what happens in the centre really.

Matt.