Author Topic: Get to Work Expansion News  (Read 28977 times)

Offline MissTrips

• Townie
  • Fnord.
Re: Get to Work Expansion
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
Mine downloaded after hitting 9pm pacific time, there was no pre-download available option after buying it.  But it installed just fine!
We hobbits are plain, quiet creatures. Adventures make one late for dinner.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2015, 01:41:26 AM »
no in my game section it's there I can click on it but only thing I get it available march 31 12:00 am

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2015, 04:50:36 AM »
no in my game section it's there I can click on it but only thing I get it available march 31 12:00 am
Do you live in North America?  Not sure what it says for people elsewhere, but hopefully it says the correct day and time.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2015, 05:22:00 AM »
I live in the us

Offline snackrafice

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2015, 01:18:56 PM »
I called my husband at the Pentagon to give me the product code to put into Origin since he was the one who purchased it. I couldn't wait until he got home, this was a serious crisis. Now I am yelling at my computer to download faster. I have been uber stoked for this expansion for a hot minute.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2015, 03:59:03 PM »
I'm really confused how the downloading works. Being in New Zealand it is supposed to be available on the 2nd April (which is tomorrow). In game in the "Packs Owned" bit it shows as me owning it and tells me that when it is finished downloading to restart The Sims 4 to begin installing it ... only it's not downloading and there is nothing to 'click' on to download.
In my Origin ordering history it shows as having been paid for and already digitally downloaded! Does this just all happen automatically at some magical time tomorrow or have I inadvertently done something wrong?
The pack is not showing in my games section of Origin at all.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2015, 04:13:25 PM »
I'm really confused how the downloading works. Being in New Zealand it is supposed to be available on the 2nd April (which is tomorrow). In game in the "Packs Owned" bit it shows as me owning it and tells me that when it is finished downloading to restart The Sims 4 to begin installing it ... only it's not downloading and there is nothing to 'click' on to download.
In my Origin ordering history it shows as having been paid for and already digitally downloaded! Does this just all happen automatically at some magical time tomorrow or have I inadvertently done something wrong?
The pack is not showing in my games section of Origin at all.
That sounds like how it was for me, and then it just automatically downloaded more content when the release day and time came.  I was logged into Origin in online mode at the time, and it did seem to download faster if The Sims 4 was closed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »
@ClayMask , oh thanks! I thought that somehow I must have stuffed it up. Cool, now I just have to sit back and wait... some more. Ugh.. the waiting's killing me! I just found a little tag thing that said it would be available on April the 3rd... oh gee, another 24 hours added to the wait time. *groan*
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:49 PM »
Physical copy in Australia is available 2nd of April, at least according to Electronics Boutique website (from their home page you need to go to pre-releases).

Now I just need to work out a way to get down there before they close up early on Thursday due to Friday being Good Friday. If I can't, I'll have to wait until the 4th.

@Playalot someone on the official forums (Australia/New Zealand section) said that because April the 3rd is Good Friday that they are going to be available April the 2nd in NZ. But that may have been the physical and not the digital version.

Offline Nandireya

• Nooboo
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2015, 03:28:53 AM »
Target stores in Australia have it on sale tomorrow (2/4/2015) for $36.  JB HiFi have it for $44 but I'm guessing they'll match target...