Author Topic: Get to Work Expansion News  (Read 28601 times)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Get to Work Expansion
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2015, 07:57:48 AM »
@Playalot Oh, thanks for that, I haven't used it yet o.o
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
Just another screen shot from the Sims 4 Facebook page:
Who wore it better?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Official Get to Work Launch Trailer
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
Here is the official Launch Trailer for Sims 4: Get to Work:

The Sims 4 Get to Work Launch Trailer

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2015, 12:46:49 AM »
I am so excited for this EP.  I loved Open for Business with Sims 2 and was always a little disappointed with how the businesses in Sims 3 were handled, though I loved the interactive careers from Sims 3, so to see both of those in this makes me exceedingly happy.  Now, I clicked on the link to preorder from Origin so the money would go to Carl's, but it took me to the base game.  I looked up Get to Work, so i hope the site gets the money anyway :(

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2015, 12:50:10 AM »
Open for business was one of my favorite packs in Sims 2 and I am very excited for this, I can't preorder because I only have cash but I am getting it on release day I can't wait, my dynasty will probably be put on hold because of this pack, I see some interesting things for the dynasty coming with this pack though.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:53 AM »
I clicked on the link to preorder from Origin so the money would go to Carl's, but it took me to the base game.  I looked up Get to Work, so i hope the site gets the money anyway :(

The same happened for me, but I went back and clicked again and it seemed to work that time. Just in case anyone else wants to try that!

Cal
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »
I clicked on it myself, and get a message that the page was moved.  I've PM'ed Carl about it, so hopefully we get it straightened out shortly.  Thanks for letting us know!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
This weekend, I've been given a review copy of Get to Work and I'm enjoying it immensely. I went straight to operating a retail store, and have been taking notes for a guide to operating businesses straight away, although an actual review will take a few days because I want to make sure I'm being objective. I think I might be done with the first guide tonight, should I save my game and try out all the retail perks so players visiting the guide can know what they do. There is much more to this with the active careers, so I can't score it properly but can say that I think the excitement hasn't been for nothing. This EP is really well done. It's definitely going to bring a lot of Simmers back into the fold, so I'm thrilled at how well the Maxis/Sims Studio team did at this one. It was important they nail it. This with the continued improvements to the base game is a big boost to my confidence in them :)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2015, 12:56:20 PM »
Carl wasn't the only one who got Get to Work early access- it's funny, because I was just coming here to talk about it! I'm not sure who all got it, but simmers have started posting gameplay videos and reviews- which are already being compiled by the lovely SimsVip on her site. The reception seems to be overwhelmingly positive, and it looks like there's tons of new content.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2015, 01:42:56 PM »
Heh, and here I won't be able to buy it until Wed. myself :)

I'm glad people have ended up liking it, though. 

Also, for those who are getting it digitally, but aware the game is 1.58 GB in size, so this may be a problem for those with bandwidth restrictions.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
It says at Origin the expansion is available March 30 at 9:00 PM, but it doesn't say the timezone.  I wonder if it means my timezone (PST)?

Offline Steleus

• Nooboo
  • "What color was the barn you were raised in?"
« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2015, 12:00:56 AM »
I think it does, ClayMask. It would make sense for it to launch at 12 AM EST, or 9 PM PST.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2015, 12:25:13 AM »
It sure did mean that, I think they were being nice and letting everyone get it at the same moment :D Their marketing to all those Simmers helped induce a lot of drooling, so it's only fair.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2015, 01:16:00 AM »
most ppl are having trouble with the pre-order no download link including me

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2015, 01:23:04 AM »
 Mine automatically downloaded without me clicking any links.  Yours isn't downloading?