Author Topic: Get to Work Expansion News  (Read 28603 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
New Get to Work things...
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2015, 05:41:58 PM »
There are a few new things out today.  Someone has already posted the new Patch notes.

There is a new trailer for Get to Work:

The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Retail Gameplay Trailer

Also, Get to Work will bring back basements, and they will be available for everyone (probably via a patch for the game)
Wait a second... if retail capitalism is taking over then how is it that BASEMENTS WILL BE FREE FOR EVERYONE?! #TheSims4 #GetToWork
(Source:  SimGuruGraham)

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
Re: Get to Work Expansion
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2015, 06:02:52 PM »
I want it now, the bakery, retail store and photography studio. I can't wait for the new neighbourhood. Basements are back, I can build a museum again and not waste valuable room.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2015, 06:20:30 PM »
This expansion just keeps looking better with each new picture or video about it. And I'm glad to hear basements are coming back. I wonder how many levels down we will be able to go.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline Lunarpixels

• Alien Babe
  • Immortal
  • he/him
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
I'm so excited for this pack! it's like best of Business all over again, but even better. I can;t even pick which thing I'm most excited for. I love Sims 4 already but I'm very excited for it to get expanded upon and it looks like their doing great so far.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2015, 09:41:24 AM »
SimsVip has the trailer broken into screenshots so that it's easier to see things. It looks like we'll get 12 different filters for photographs (probably at the higher levels). I counted 6 backdrops in the photography studio, and I wonder if you can make the blank one different colors by changing the color of the lights.

On the employee screens, it appears that there are 5 levels in 3 different categories -- my guess would be cash register, salesmanship, and restocking, but the only one I'm sure about is salesmanship.

As for clothes, there are at least 10 full outfits for men (2 of which appear to be alien "suits"), 10 tops, and 9 shoes. Women have at least 13 full outfits (2 of which are for aliens) and 9 tops.

I couldn't identify all of the goodies on the table in the bakery basement, but I did see a loaf of bread and brownies.

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »
Source:  The Sims.com - Running a Bakery

Running a Bakery is No Cake Walk

Turning a profit in The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack*.

Last week we looked in on some lovestruck scientists running cloning experiments in a science lab. This week, we’re following an up-and-coming entrepreneur hoping to make her mark as a retail business owner in The Sims 4 Get to Work.

Sarah’s Bakery was failing. Badly. She’s was losing Simoleons on it every day, she was overworked, and she hadn’t found the time to leave her store in days. But today was the day she would turn things around.

She woke up bright and early in the small room she had built above her bakery. It was pretty basic – a bed, a bathroom, and a small kitchen – but it let her take care of immediate needs when she was too tired to head home after a long day of work. She would eventually have to go to her real house to pay her bills, but this little home away from home lets her start her day earlier (and end it later).

She made a few pies and brought them downstairs, putting them on shelves around the room. She looked around her shop, letting it all soak in. Her bakery was awful. It wasn’t cute or fun, or anything a bakery is supposed to be. If she wanted to succeed, she needed to expand and get creative!

Though her business was failing, she had saved up just enough Simoleons to make some changes. She grew her shop downward, adding a basement to her building and filling it with the fixings of a proper bakery: tables, ovens, and – of course – a cupcake machine, which she used to make a variety of awesome sweet and savory creations. Her garden let her include some fresh ingredients too – things the Sims coming in wouldn’t be able to resist. By the time she was done, she’d become better at baking, and learned a few new cool recipes.

Now she needed to change the look of her bakery to make it more appealing to potential customers. So she made another change, splitting her store down the middle. One side was painted pink, with cute decorations and all of the sweet baked goods she could create. On the other, things became darker and more savory, with Crab Cakes, Artisanal Herb Bread, and other flavorful goods. She stood in the middle of her larger, more impressive shop. This was good. This was very good! But now that her shop looked great, and was filled with great stuff, Sarah knew she’d need some help.

She looked through a list of potential hires. A few were great at sales, others better at cleaning and restocking, and some were more hardworking. She hired a cheerful Sim named Melissa and gave her a brand new uniform. Everyone who came in was met with a smile, and left with a handful of Sarah’s baked goods. As the day went on, Melissa got faster and faster (and made Sarah more and more money). Sarah’s new baked goods were flying off the shelves thanks to Melissa. Her investment was well worth it! Melissa was so good that Sarah needed to hit the floor herself, restocking her pies and cupcakes as Melissa rung people up on her tablet.

At the end of the day she walked over to the cash register and looked at her earnings. She’d made enough to give Melissa a well-deserved raise – which she knew would keep her happy – and her business was successful enough to upgrade. A big, neon sign was placed above the door: talk about a perk!

What a difference a day makes. When she woke up she was struggling to make ends meet in a failing bakery, and now her shop was the talk of the town. Who knows what tomorrow might bring. She could hire another employee, add another level (or two) to her store. Maybe she would open a different type of store entirely – one that sells pictures of wooden figures. She wasn’t sure, but she was excited to find out!

This April, your Sims will rule the workplace in The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack. You will control your Sims’ every action as they tackle three active careers, whether it’s saving lives as a daring doctor, solving crimes as a fearless detective, or creating inventions as a mad scientist. You will also be able to put your Sims’ entrepreneurial ambitions to the test as you create and customize unique retail businesses. Plus, there are new venues, more skills to learn, and the chance to befriend some aliens!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2015, 07:22:40 PM »
Love the bakery, I'm hungry just reading that.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2015, 08:27:30 PM »
I'm looking forward to trying out setting up my own business.  I hope we'll get to set up a business in a challenge, too.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
Just a bit of a round-up of information, most of which you can find more in depth on SimsVIP (they were able to go to the Sims 4 Studio for a preview/press event thing).

First, they confirm the expansion pack will come out March 31, 2015 in the US (a previous video showed the release date).

Second, you can go two floors deep for the basements, but they will be adding an extra floor on top for a total of six floors now.
(Source:Sims VIP)

SimsVIP have some new Screenshots.  If EA/Maxis puts it on their own official channels, then I will display them here.  However, if you are curious what they look like, you can go here:
http://simsvip.com/2015/03/13/the-sims-4-get-to-work-five-new-screenshots/

If you want to see what an alien is going to look like, then the top one is your picture :)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 13, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »
A small tweet from SimGuruRomero:
Gotta start the kids off right. Father and son experimenting together in an underground laboratory!

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #70 on: March 13, 2015, 10:55:54 PM »
so you can adopt alien kids? I see an alien gnome in the tube

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #71 on: March 13, 2015, 11:02:48 PM »
I don't know if you can adopt alien children, but you can play as an alien, marry an alien, get abducted, and have male pregnancy.

Portraits are back, too, and you can paint from a picture you've taken.

I was happy to learn that you can make copies of the books you've written, either to sell at your store, or to keep. I'm thinking about running a bookstore/bakery, but then I also want to do an art gallery, and maybe a clothing store to outfit all the sims I'm not playing. And of course, play as a doctor, detective, and scientist.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Dellena

« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2015, 06:31:32 AM »
Per SimGuruGraham, the next patch will also include moveable and rotatable lots.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2015, 11:44:34 AM »
I'm sooo looking forward to this EP. I was originally going to wait for a few months until the price would drop a bit, but with every new trailer that comes out, I get more excited. I can already imagine the bookstore my bookworm Sim will run...

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2015, 07:44:22 AM »
I didn't see this mentioned but The Sim Supply has a video of a The Sims 4 Get To Work - Producer Interview .
And SimsVIP also has a two part interview up. You can watch Part one here and Part two here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

anything