Author Topic: Get to Work Expansion News  (Read 28608 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: Get to Work Expansion
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2015, 10:08:46 PM »
Did anyone else notice the wording EA put when saying "It’s been a long day and Rackett returns to his apartment to relax on the couch and enjoy sipping on his favorite libation, a Dim and Gusty. Another successful day as a detective in The Sims 4 Get to Work." Does this also mean that apartments are back? If so.. this expansion is HUGE!!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2015, 10:27:47 PM »
Sorry, KTK10, one of the gurus stated that apartments are definitely not a part of this expansion. I think the tweet is on SimsVip. I'll see if I can find the link.

This is the thread the tweet can be found in: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/817810/did-somebody-say-apartments/p1.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 05:32:41 AM »
I guess it could be a hint at the next content?  :o I loved Sims 2 Apartment Life, it wasn't the same in Sims 3.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 09:13:04 AM »
"It’s been a long day and Rackett returns to his apartment to relax on the couch and enjoy sipping on his favorite libation, a Dim and Gusty. Another successful day as a detective in The Sims 4 Get to Work."

I guess it could be a hint at the next content?

*grins*  First, let me say that I love everyone's enthusiasm, even to analyzing tweets, etc.  I do that myself after all. ;) 

But yeah, as MarianT showed, there are no plans to have apartments in this expansion.  That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reappear (since they were in Sims 2 and 3).  And later today we are supposed to get a new trailer for the scientist (unless someone beats me to it)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Scientist Trailer...
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 12:50:52 PM »
Here is the Sims 4 Scientist Trailer for Get to Work:

The Sims 4 Get to Work: Official Scientist Gameplay Trailer

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 01:40:31 PM »
Meh, serums.  I don't like how they keep having all the new skills to make potions use collectibles.  Scientist looks good otherwise.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 01:53:15 PM »
Potions are back, yay! Aren't aliens meant to be part of this career?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2015, 02:29:05 PM »
Potions are back, yay! Aren't aliens meant to be part of this career?
I would have to dig it up, but yes, Aliens are going to be in this expansion, and one of the earlier releases showed the scientist able to go into the Alien's dimension

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2015, 02:33:20 PM »
Towards the end of the trailer, there's a brief clip of the alien world that you can reach from the portal in the Science lab.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Love in a Science Lab
« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2015, 02:09:35 PM »
(Source:  The Sims.Com)

Love in a Science Lab

The Misadventures of a Lovestruck Scientist in The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack*.

Last week we stepped into a crime scene and joined detective Tate Rackett as he cracked another tough case. This week we’re looking into the lives of two scientists in The Sims 4 Get to Work.

Each day, Darla Nadine Applesworth arrives at the science lab at 7:00 a.m. She loves her job, but she loves something else even more: her co-worker and fellow scientist, Herbert Leipstein. Herbert likes Darla, but truly only thinks of her as a friend and colleague. She wishes it was different. Maybe one day, it will be.

Darla likes to get a jump start on the day, working on new inventions by herself before anyone else gets in. Her hard work has paid off – she invented the Momentum Conserver and a Hover Lamp, both of which she took home to display as decorations.

One morning, Darla was experimenting and using the Chemical Analyzer when she had a breakthrough. She ran over to the Invention Constructor and began tinkering. Tah-dah! The Cloning Machine was created!

Herbert arrived a few minutes later, looking as handsome as ever in his lab coat. Darla was thrilled to show Herbert her latest invention.

He steps into the machine with a huge grin on his face. Darla begins scanning and BOOM! A clone of Herbert steps out. The new Herbert looks exactly the same as Herbert. It was Darla’s lucky day – two Herberts! They named the clone Number One.

Number One was almost exactly the same as the original Herbert except for one key difference: he didn’t have any relationships or knowledge of this world. He was a clean slate. Darla and Herbert introduced themselves to Number One and had him wait in the lab next door, giving him some activities to do to keep him busy.

Darla and Herbert wasted no time. They made another clone. And another. The final clone, Number Five, was a little different. He had red eyes and a goatee. Something was… off.

Oh well. Time to leave work!

Darla walked into the lab next door and told the clones they were coming home with her. She couldn’t leave them at the lab overnight, they could get into real trouble. Plus, Darla liked the idea of having five replicas of Herbert hanging out at her house all night.

Back at her home, they decided to have a party. It was everything Darla had hoped for… until Number Five started yelling and making a mess all over Darla’s house. This wasn’t right! This wasn’t what she expected at all.

The next morning, Darla found a new home for her failed experiments. She was done with cloning (and with love) for a while. She decided to focus on her career and discover the next big scientific breakthrough. Who knows where that might take her…

We hope you have enjoyed this peek at the Scientist career and a bit of a love story. In our next adventure, we’ll follow the path of a Retail Business Owner and see the ups and downs along the way to the top.

This April, your Sims will rule the workplace in The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack. You will control your Sims’ every action as they tackle three active careers, whether it’s saving lives as a daring doctor, solving crimes as a fearless detective, or creating inventions as a mad scientist. You will also be able to put your Sims’ entrepreneurial ambitions to the test as you create and customize unique retail businesses. Plus, there are new venues, more skills to learn, and the chance to befriend some aliens!

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2015, 07:58:16 AM »
@Bri and @MarianT Ooh, thanks. I thought we'd actually get to see what the aliens look like in the trailer. Guess we have to wait.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2015, 10:25:58 PM »
There's another sneak peek from the Sims twitter:
You can build (and run) a photography shop in The Sims 4 Get to Work. Learn more on Tuesday!

This actually looks pretty interesting.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2015, 09:12:09 AM »
The photography skill looks like it'll be ever more fun than it was in TS3 and I love those tights.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »
The photography skill looks like it'll be ever more fun than it was in TS3 and I love those tights.

And even if there aren't as many jobs as in Ambitions, at least it makes for a good basis.  :)

Heh and another picture from the Sims Twitter:

It fits... great?

(Source:  The Sims Twitter)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »
I'm loving the EP by the day

anything