Author Topic: Get to Work Expansion News  (Read 28602 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Get to Work Expansion News
« on: February 04, 2015, 12:31:16 PM »
The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack features are up on the site. As we learn more, I'll update the page with new information. Open for Business is back!!

By the way, the size of the Expansion Pack is 1.58 GB, so it may be a tad hefty to those with limited bandwidth.

You can Preorder it here. Preorders will help support our effort to aid Saltypaws!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Get to Work Expansion
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
Wickedly cool!  (Heh, I guess I'm too old to say that).

I know many people were wanting an Open for Business type expansion (me among them).  That one bit of DLC was fine for the Sims 3, but it was ultimately limited; since this will be in from the first expansion, it means they can build onto it.

Heh, and as you say Carl, as we get more info, I'll be sure to put it up as well (since it is due out in April, Maxis will be teasing it for the next couple months)

Anywayws, the Sims Brazil released an image as a teaser:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Official The Sims 4: Get To Work Trailer
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:19 PM »
Maxis/EA has just now put out an official trailer with the Sims 4:  Get To Work.  And don't worry Carl, the words are now in Simlish ;)

The Sims 4:  Get To Work Official Trailer

Also, I want to give a big thanks, and shout-out to @Carl and @Dellena for all their hardwork on getting this information up :)

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:58 PM »
Can't wait for more info to come out about this expansion.  The possibilities for the Open for Business part are mind boggling.  And yes, I will now make use of the NCIS Household I made on the Sims 4 CAS beta. :D  You know there will have to be new aspirations as well.  Which is good - was getting a bit bored with the current ones as I think I've done them all at least once and for several, it's been mutiple times.  Time to comb through the video again looking for new Build/Buy mode items.  Oh, #TheSims4 on Twitter has this image up as well:

The framed pictures look great!  Love the matted frames.  I wish they'd do that for paintings.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 01:11:14 PM »
Photography -- yes!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 01:21:26 PM »
SimGuruBChick officially confirmed it here http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/813461/confirmed-the-sims-4-get-to-work-expansion-pack#latest

I have a problem with her news link as it redirects to the brazillian page, I can't seem to get it to show up in english  ???

If somebody who can see it in english could copy past here I'd appreciate it  :)

EDIT: cleared my cookies and it worked now.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Sims 4 Get To Work Official Announcement Page
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 01:26:09 PM »
Thanks Turoskel; I already have the official trailer link posted above :)

And here is the official announcement page:

Time for your Sims to Get to Work!

February 4 by SimGuru Ryan Comment

The First Expansion Pack for The Sims 4 is Coming Soon

Hey Simmers!

We’re excited to announce our first expansion pack, The Sims 4 Get to Work! With three brand new active careers, each complete with a new fully playable career venue, there are plenty of ways for you to fulfil your Sims ambitions. But that’s not all. You can even create your Sims’ own retail business, taking advantage of your Sims’ skills and hobbies to earn those Simoleons. There’s a lot to discover in The Sims 4 Get to Work when it releases in April 2015, but in the meantime, here are seven important things you should know:

1.     Be a Doctor: Your Sim can now spend their work day saving lives, treating patients, performing emergency surgery, and for the first time ever, delivering babies!

2.     Combat Crime: Investigate crime scenes, interrogate Sims, and arrest criminals while you work your way from Cadet all the way up to the Chief of Police.

3.     Experiment and Invent: Scientists spend their days building crazy inventions and collecting unique specimens for diabolical creations like the Sim Ray. Your Sim will have to decide whether they’ll use their inventions to help or torment their fellow Sims.

4.     Create Unique Retail Businesses: Create any number and type of retail business you want, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and much more.  You can customize every facet of your business with Build Mode; select what items to sell, manage your employees, and even upsell customers!

5.     New Career Venues: All new career venues and neighbourhoods like the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Lab are fully stocked with brand new objects to help your Sims achieve success! Or head down to the Retail District to check in on the many retail businesses you’ve created and find your Sims true calling.

6.     Learn New Skills: Check out a whole new set of skills that will allow your Sims to create even more unique objects.  Sims can now capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills.  Whatever your Sims make can be proudly displayed at home or sold to earn a few extra Simoleons.

7.     Discover Aliens: Aliens have landed and walk amongst us!  Find out which Sims are truly out of this world and discover the mysterious Alien dimension!

So get your Sim out of bed and get ready to rule the workplace! The Sims 4 Get to Work is coming out this April for both PC & Mac

(Source:  The Sims 4:  Get To Work Official Announcement)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 01:29:38 PM »
Origin has the pre-order information up. $39.99 in the U.S., but there's no release date shown.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Sims 4 Pre-Order Page
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 01:32:20 PM »
Origin has the pre-order information up. $39.99 in the U.S., but there's no release date shown.
Correct; all we know is that it will be the month of April. 

Please note this doesn't come out until sometime in April, so you may wish to hold off on pre-ordering.  It will be available for $39.99 in the U.S.

You can find it here:
The Sims 4 Get Work

Rule the Workplace

You rule the workplace with The Sims 4 Get to Work.
 Actively control your Sims while they’re on the job, and determine whether they're headed toward a big promotion or are becoming the workplace menace. Jump to the rescue and save countless lives as a Doctor, torment your neighbors with mischievous inventions as a Scientist, or investigate crime scenes and crack the big cases as a Detective. If you’d rather be your own boss, you can even create, customize, and manage your own retail businesses and become a Simoleonaire! You decide how your Sims get to work.

Become a Doctor, Detective, or Scientist.
Grab a badge, a stethoscope, or a lab coat, and get to work! Control your Sims in all-new career venues, and use your analytical mastermind to create crazy inventions as a Scientist, see what secrets you uncover as you investigate crime scenes as a Detective, or treat patients, deliver babies, and perform emergency surgery as a Doctor.

Create unique retail businesses.
 You rule your business! Create any type of retail business you desire, including bakeries, clothing boutiques, art galleries, bookstores, and many more. Customize every facet of your business with Build Mode and watch the Simoleons roll in! Select what items to sell, manage your employees as you see fit, and schmooze your customers to close the sale.

Learn new skills.
Teach your Sims some new skills to create more unique objects to enjoy in The Sims 4. Capture the picture-perfect photo or bake and decorate a delicious treat with the new Photography and Baking skills. Display your creations at home or sell them to earn some extra Simoleons!

REQUIRES THE SIMS 4 GAME (SOLD SEPARATELY) AND ALL GAME UPDATES TO PLAY.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 01:41:30 PM »
I changed the link so that it will benefit the site, Thanks Bri!

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 02:00:09 PM »
I've updated the page with many more screenshots from the video to showcase the new things. All pics are clickable. I'm glad the video is in HD so I could get nice pics! If you like what you see, Preorder it through us when you're ready to do so and you'll have my gratitude. I'll make a donation from proceeds to aid Salty, of course :D

Dellena

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »
Thanks for the link, Carl.  I've pre-ordered. :)  Can't wait for this one. :)

Offline Ijzabela

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 03:58:10 PM »
This is the expansion of my dreams! I can't wait to get it!

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 04:28:19 PM »
I'm so excited about this expansion! I will have to hold off on ordering for a few months until it goes on sale, but until then, I'll live vicariously through you guys!  ;D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 04:31:02 PM »
I'm really looking forward to this one. It looks like there is going to be so much new stuff to do and lots of new items.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.