Author Topic: [BUG] Family Aspirations  (Read 18938 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: Family Aspirations
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
'Have a child with 3 friends' worked without fail, when the child in question had his own family. In other words, this child went on to have a wife/partner and had two children of his own. The wife and two children counted as three friends somehow.
Maybe this helps?

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 11:18:48 AM »
'Have a child with 3 friends' worked without fail, when the child in question had his own family. In other words, this child went on to have a wife/partner and had two children of his own. The wife and two children counted as three friends somehow.
Maybe this helps?
This could be a similar situation to what caused it to trigger in my game.  When my Sim adopted his third child, all of the children had three friends within the family; the two siblings and the dad.  Maybe this goal only counts family members who are also friends.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 08:35:25 PM »
This could be a similar situation to what caused it to trigger in my game.  When my Sim adopted his third child, all of the children had three friends within the family; the two siblings and the dad.  Maybe this goal only counts family members who are also friends.

Wow, I'd never even considered that as a possible solution! 
Thanks to you both, Tixxis and ClayMask, for sharing! I'm starting to think that my OCD tendency isn't very compatible with this game, because i'm having so much trouble figuring things out, lol.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2015, 07:57:53 PM »
@ClayMask, I can't answer all your questions but:
Regarding adopted children, they seem to be handled just like biological children. Perhaps the better distinction would be related/unrelated to the parent(s). Unrelated would be like inviting an elderly gardener into the household and having that gardener adopt a chlid.
"Have a child max any skill": This can be a childhood skill. Earlier today, both parents got credit when their biological child maxed the Creativity skill. Mom switched over from a different aspiration and still got credit
"Have a chlild complete an aspiration": Tier 3 of Successful Lineage has the "Have a child earn an A in high school" requirement, so I've had the same high school kid work on an "adult" aspiration.

@CynKuy, regarding "Have a child reach the top of a careerr," I read on another thread on this forum that this requirement triggered for a teen career, but I haven't tested it myself.

Wish I had better answers...I guess this aspiration really calls for test playing because of the ambiguous wording....

I'd like to correct erroneous info I'd posted before.
The Family aspirations don't treat biological and adopted children equally.
Recently, my founder adopted a son.  When the son maxed the Mental skill, the "Have a child max any skill" triggered for the founder but not his spouse.
I completely forgot that the former "Adopt a child" requirement (now gone) worked this way too; it only applied to the adopting parent.
The "Helping with homework" and "Read to a child for 2 hours" requirements apply to any child in the household.
Gah, I feel like I'm pedaling backwards....

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »
I'd like to correct erroneous info I'd posted before.
The Family aspirations don't treat biological and adopted children equally.
Recently, my founder adopted a son.  When the son maxed the Mental skill, the "Have a child max any skill" triggered for the founder but not his spouse.
I completely forgot that the former "Adopt a child" requirement (now gone) worked this way too; it only applied to the adopting parent.
The "Helping with homework" and "Read to a child for 2 hours" requirements apply to any child in the household.
Gah, I feel like I'm pedaling backwards....
So the game does treat the adopted child like a biological child, but only for the parent who did the adopt command on the computer.  Good to know, thanks for sharing.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2015, 05:00:57 PM »
Do the teen careers count with the have a child or grandchild max a career for the Successful Lineage aspiration?
They don't count.  They're not really careers, but more of part-time jobs, so it makes sense.  Does make this part of the aspiration tricky, though.

anything