Author Topic: [BUG] Family Aspirations  (Read 18960 times)

Offline no1mfp

• Llama Wrangler
[BUG] Family Aspirations
« on: February 03, 2015, 10:27:32 PM »
I'm having a problem getting the "Have A Child With Three Friends" to register for the Big Happy Family Aspiration. I have a child and a teen that have made friends with all seven siblings (some are adults married with children of their own. my child and teen are also friends with nieces and nephews), three non family children, and three non family adults. The friendship bar is full on all the relationships at the same time. (no easy task in itself!) I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong! Also the "Have Child Max Any Skill" For the Successful Lineage Aspiration isn't registering either. Anyone else having these problems? Anybody know what else I can try?

Edited to Add:

This is a known bug, read through the thread for tips and work-arounds.

BUG - Big Happy Family - Be Parent to a Child with 3 friends
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/BUG-Big-Happy-Family-Be-Parent-to-a-Child-with-3-friends-does/td-p/4188264

If you find you have this bug, please go over to answer.ea.com using the links above and click the Me Too button. -- If we click me too for it, that should help get it some attention.

Edited By: MrsFlynn - Mar.30.2015

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Family Aspirations
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:06 AM »
Have you tried having the sim with the aspiration travel?  I've noticed some things register after the sim visits another lot.

I just had a sim complete that aspiration, and I noticed that the one for maxing a skill didn't register until a child maxed the skill after my sim got to that level of the Aspiration. The earlier skill maxed didn't seem to count, but I didn't try traveling to see if that would have made the earlier one register.  I'm not sure when the friendships registered.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline no1mfp

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 11:22:17 AM »
Thanks stitching_JA I'll give it a try. I know they traveled after the teen maxed a skill and made three friends but I'm not sure if they have since the child has. I move back and forth from one aspiration to another depending on what my sims are doing perhaps I should stay put till I achieve this one! Thanks again!

Offline no1mfp

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:03:12 PM »
Ok That didn't work! I still can not figure this out. This child has made a dozen new friends, some are family members, three are random adults, and three are random kids she's met at different places. I haven't changed the parents aspirations. I don't know what else to try!    :( Anyone else have any ideas?

Offline stitching_JA

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2015, 01:14:25 AM »
Clearing caches might help.  However, since you met the requirements and it sounds like a bug, I'd use the cheat to complete the milestone.

ctrl-shift-c
testingcheats on
aspirations.complete_current_milestone
testingcheats off

Offline no1mfp

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 11:51:44 AM »
Thank you stitching_JA again! After everything I've done trying to achieve this aspiration I'm up for cheating! This family raised six kids, married them off, and had them have their own children never being able to achieve this one task. So they had two more children and still haven't reached this goal! Thanks for the help I appreciate it! 

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 02:56:17 PM »
I'm having this same difficulty.  Since it is within a dynasty family I am not allowed to do the cheat.  Has this issue been resolved or does anyone know of a work around?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nannie

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 08:53:05 AM »
Same here. I wonder if it's not because now they need to have exactly 3 friends (in which case it would be a bug of course...). I can't think of anything else, and I'm quite sure I've already seen it working correctly (3 friends minimum) not that long ago...

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 03:52:33 PM »
To those with this problem who are doing a dynasty,  the dynasty team has given the go ahead to use that cheat thing for this problem but you should always post and ask them just to be sure.  I was so relieved I could finish that milestone!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 09:21:37 AM »
In my sixth attempt at completing an Immortal Dynasty, I'm also also having trouble with the Successful Lineage aspiration's "Have a child max any skill" requirement.
The last time I completed this aspiration on another save, the requirement registered okay.  In that case, the child was actually in the child stage.
Does it matter that the child in this case is a young adult?
The parent in question is a non-immortal so it's not an urgent problem but I'd like to figure it out before a future immortal tries this aspiration.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:46 PM »
In my sixth attempt at completing an Immortal Dynasty, I'm also also having trouble with the Successful Lineage aspiration's "Have a child max any skill" requirement.
The last time I completed this aspiration on another save, the requirement registered okay.  In that case, the child was actually in the child stage.
Does it matter that the child in this case is a young adult?
The parent in question is a non-immortal so it's not an urgent problem but I'd like to figure it out before a future immortal tries this aspiration.

If they are already a young adult they don't count as a child.  To have a child max a skill they have to still be at child level.  The game doesn't recognize that they are one of your children, it only recognizes the exact age level.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 03:04:42 PM »
If they are already a young adult they don't count as a child.  To have a child max a skill they have to still be at child level.  The game doesn't recognize that they are one of your children, it only recognizes the exact age level.
Thank you for clarifying that for me. It doesn't help that the wording for the two Family aspirations are ambiguous.
Like, Big Happy Family, Tier III: Have a child get married /in this case, "child" just means "your offspring"
But in Successful Lineage, Tier III: Have a child max any skill, the game refers to someone in the child stage.

I'm unclear about your remark that "the game doesn't recognize that they are one of your children." Does it mean any household member in the child stage, not necessarily the offspring of the YA/Adult who is attempting the Successful Lineage aspiration? Like, the heir's nephew, for example?
I'm starting to wonder if the other Family requirements that sometimes don't register (e.g., have 3 friends) are caused by ambiguous wording, rather than a game glitch.

Thank you for reading.  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that for me. It doesn't help that the wording for the two Family aspirations are ambiguous.
Like, Big Happy Family, Tier III: Have a child get married /in this case, "child" just means "your offspring"
But in Successful Lineage, Tier III: Have a child max any skill, the game refers to someone in the child stage.

I'm unclear about your remark that "the game doesn't recognize that they are one of your children." Does it mean any household member in the child stage, not necessarily the offspring of the YA/Adult who is attempting the Successful Lineage aspiration? Like, the heir's nephew, for example?
I'm starting to wonder if the other Family requirements that sometimes don't register (e.g., have 3 friends) are caused by ambiguous wording, rather than a game glitch.

Thank you for reading.  :)

Unfortunately it does seem ambiguous and a bit arbitrary.  In my "family" there were 3 "children".  One was the child of my founder, and the other two were children from the family I had moved in.  Most, but not all, of the interactions with ALL the children registered for both sets of parents.  The "have 3 friends" was one that did not register for both sets of parents, as a matter of fact it hasn't registered at all which is a known bug.  Any parent could "help child with homework", or could read to any child.  Right now I have one who has aged up to young adult, and two in high school.  One teen has an "A", and it is the child of my founder, but that isn't registering either.

In my dynasty I am pausing the game a lot, each time a member of the household has to do a task or whim.  When I pause the game, and set up my queues of actions, I go through ALL the aspirations for each member, clicking on each part of them in order to gain the satisfaction points for everybody, so the Family Aspirations aren't a main aspiration for my founder or heir.  I just have to be careful to not max an adult aspiration maxed by heirs and/or founder as the rule says, "2. Complete two Adult Aspirations no other Heir has completed".  Moved in household members don't count so you can gain a LOT of points by doing this.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:33 AM »
Unfortunately it does seem ambiguous and a bit arbitrary.  In my "family" there were 3 "children".  One was the child of my founder, and the other two were children from the family I had moved in.  Most, but not all, of the interactions with ALL the children registered for both sets of parents.  The "have 3 friends" was one that did not register for both sets of parents, as a matter of fact it hasn't registered at all which is a known bug.  Any parent could "help child with homework", or could read to any child.  Right now I have one who has aged up to young adult, and two in high school.  One teen has an "A", and it is the child of my founder, but that isn't registering either.

@Joria
Since you "share" the Family aspirations, you're very familiar with them. I always restrict each one to a single heir (but I've not managed to complete a dynasty yet).
Does this the below agree with your experience?

Tier I (BHF/SL)
I.2 Spend $1,000 on kid's stuff [any kid, any YA/Adult]
Tier II (BHF/SL)
II.1 Read to a child for 2 hours [any kid, any YA/Adult reader]
Tier III (SL)
III.1 Help a child with homework [any kid, any YA/Adult helper]
III.2 Have a child earn an "A" in high school [your child]
III.3  Have a child max any skill [you mentioned that the child must be in the child stage; any child in the household?]
Tier IV (SL)
IV.1 Mentor your child 3 times [very clear, lol; I wish the Family aspiration requirements were all written this clearly]
IV.2 Have a child complete an aspiration [your child; this has worked for me before, but didn't yesterday with a YA daughter]
IV.3 Have a child/grandchild reach the top of their career [your child/grandchild; this one's buggy and may complete early, or not]

Gah, typing the requirements all out has helped me to understand why I'm so confused. Actually, I've never completed Successful Lineage, but I really like Big Happy Family.

Returning to the original post, it would be great if there were a list somewhere of which aspiration requirements were bugged, so we could tell right away if we're misunderstanding the requirement of if the requirement is glitched.   :)  I found this thread because I was having trouble with the Successful Lineage aspiration, too.

Sorry for the looooong post.
-

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 05:18:17 PM »
Family Aspirations are not something I'm really trying to complete at the moment and I've not reached the stage where some points could be completed since I'm only on trying to get my founder to the Ambrosia stage and have only the first heir who is a teen.

So far the read to child was done successfully by three different adults to three children.  I did not attempt read to child with a YA.

Two different adults helped two different children, (at teen age), with homework.  I've two teens left in the household and can try help with homework with the aged up "child", now YA to see if they have that option.

So far my two teens are struggling to achieve that A!  They go to school very focused, (they "Ponder Moves" before school in a high focus aura area), do the extra credit work, and "study hard" at school.  So far only a "B".  Poor kids have little time left for anything but school and school work.

III.3  Have a child max any skill [you mentioned that the child must be in the child stage; any child in the household?]
Tier IV (SL)

Don't know.  The only child that maxed a skill was my heir.  I did not focus on the other household children although they came close. 

The heir also maxed an aspiration as a child but it did not register as maxed in Happy Family.  VERY annoying since she worked so hard to do this.

My founder is in the Culinary career and I'm once again, (this is my third attempt in TS4), concerned she will not get the necessary promotions to reach her goal before she is about to die.  She is close to, but has not yet reached, elder stage and has only made it to Pastry Chef.  The heir is close to YA but still no "A" in high school.  I'm finding TS4 more buggy and much more difficult to complete a dynasty than TS3 ever was. 

----------
My No Buy Story