Author Topic: Helping a Friend in Need  (Read 8076 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Helping a Friend in Need
« on: February 01, 2015, 02:27:12 PM »
I put a post in the Guide news yesterday about helping one of our own. Saltypaws has been a member since 2009 and was soon promoted to Moderator. She's helped us a long time, so Pam and I wanted to take the opportunity to possibly help her out in a time of need by giving our visitors and members a chance to help a fellow Simmer directly. She had complications from a hip surgery that caused her to need another, for her arm. It's necessary to have this surgery to return to work, so she's trying to raise money. I figured that we could at least let charitable people who may be able to pitch in to know of this, so that they have the opportunity to donate to her Medical Fund. Anything helps, even small ones, because small ones from a number of people can really add up! This is to make a co-pay for the surgery and get her back to work so she can go on with her life. If you're not able to donate, but were planning to get Outdoor Retreat or anything else from Origin, you can purchase through our links found around the site (top right of the Forum, near search). Everything from February will be contributed to the fund. If you're not able to donate, it's OK! We are just getting the word out for people who have it to spare to help her, not to put anyone out, and to make sure any friends are aware and get the opportunity to assist in this cause. Thanks for taking the time to read.

If you'd like to Donate, Click here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Helping a Friend in Need
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 05:19:43 PM »
Someone tossed in the first donation from the Forum, and I'm sure it's helped her spirits. It's good that $65 have been raised in the past 24h. I'm hoping by Thursday we can see that number grow and help Diane with this situation :) She is hopeful now and I am glad we can help her to have that hope to get back on her feet. You guys sharing this are great too, it helps spread the word and get to those folks who can afford it. She can't type well at all right now, so I'm happy to say thanks to our first donor through the Forum on her behalf.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline drache98

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »
Can I donate if I'm in the UK? All the donations seem to be in Dollars :(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 10:23:11 PM »
Possibly. I know they support campaigns in other currencies. So maybe they can convert it. The payment is by credit card.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 05:18:36 AM »
Is there another way to pay then by credit card? I don't have one, but I would like to help out a little.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 12:22:23 PM »
If you'd like to, you can use the donate button up top and go with paypal, which I can then forward to her. Just indicate what it's for :) That's about all the options we have for transferring it though.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
Thanks! I can do paypal :-)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2015, 06:34:55 PM »
I'd love to donate but won't get my next pay till the 12th, is there a deadline?
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2015, 07:01:43 PM »
No deadline as far as I know. I think anything that comes this month will help since she will have bills from the previous one, as well.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 04:22:54 AM »
Ok, thanks, Carl.
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 07:37:00 AM »
I just wanted to say thank you to the members that have donated.  I greatly appreciate it and it means a lot to me.  I am amazed from the kindness of people.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »
I just wanted to say thank you to the members that have donated.  I greatly appreciate it and it means a lot to me.  I am amazed from the kindness of people.

Sometimes, as you go through life, you do things that have an impact on people you haven't actually met.  And usually you don't know that - unless something happens that causes those people to think "Ah, here's my chance to give something back to her." 

In your 4310 posts, you've said a lot of things that have taught people things they didn't know, helped them understand things better, and overall made this game a little more fun.  It's nice to have a meaningful way to give something back to say thank you to you. 

I hope your surgery goes very well and I wish you a speedy and pain-free recovery.

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »
Salty, I might not be able to afford to donate, but I just want you to know you're in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending great gollups of healing vibes your way *hug from South Africa*
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 08:11:03 PM »
I really appreciate the kind words Magpie, no problem.  I would never want anyone to think they have to donate.  Prayers are sometimes better.  Thanks again
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
I really appreciate the kind words Magpie, no problem.  I would never want anyone to think they have to donate.  Prayers are sometimes better.  Thanks again

I didn't think i "had" to donate, Salty  :) I just wanted to share my feelings of support and goodwill for you... Trust me, if the Rand-Dollar exchange rate was lower I'd totally be donating, you're one of the important spokes in our Carl and Pam's Forum wheel! We need you well and 100% *more hugs from SA* I will be trying out the Origin link if I can convince my mom to buy the TS4 GP! So hold thumbs for both the purchase power and the link working for SA! <3 much love to you, Salty <3 I'm sorry you're hurting  :'(
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*