Author Topic: That's Quite an Achievement!  (Read 45557 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: That's Quite an Achievement!
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2015, 04:47:06 AM »
That could be it.  I do have the outdoor retreat pack.  I definitely did start with a new game though, and it showed up with all of the achievements I got when I did the career challenge.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2015, 04:55:01 AM »
Have you tried repairing the game and/or doing a factory reset to see if it fixes this? My game has been bugged since the December update. Makes playing any challenges unbearable right now.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 05:11:00 AM »
Edit:  I tried fixing the game, and that worked.  My old file I had started as a practice for this challenge still has the achievements, but the new one doesn't have any points.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2015, 11:00:54 PM »
I just checked some of my old saves, and all of them now show the same achievements I've gained practicing for this challenge.  So I guess fixing the game ended up resetting all my achievements, but they still go across my different saves.  I was wrong when I said it was fixed.  Could someone with the Outdoor Retreat pack please let me know if the achievements now span all of their games also?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2015, 03:34:30 AM »
I just checked some of my old saves, and all of them now show the same achievements I've gained practicing for this challenge.  So I guess fixing the game ended up resetting all my achievements, but they still go across my different saves.  I was wrong when I said it was fixed.  Could someone with the Outdoor Retreat pack please let me know if the achievements now span all of their games also?

As far as I can see my achivements do not overlab from game to game.

Just tested again. The save game I played yesterday had the "Introvert" achievement, started up a new game today, no achivements showing up.

And I have Outdoor Retreat

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2015, 08:38:14 AM »
As far as I can see my achivements do not overlab from game to game.

Just tested again. The save game I played yesterday had the "Introvert" achievement, started up a new game today, no achivements showing up.

And I have Outdoor Retreat
Thanks for checking.  I guess I either have to try ,ore drastic measures with my game, or repair it again before I start my actual run for the challenge.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2015, 10:30:34 PM »
My achievements go across all my games, even brand new ones. I'm stuck too! I have the outdoor retreat pack.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2015, 11:03:41 PM »
I just tested mine and it seems that each new game is free of achievements.  But I've already had instances of things popping up suddenly when i didn't earn them.  Or vice versa.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2015, 11:26:00 PM »
This sounds like my kind of challenge, no rules except for no life extensions or cheats, and all you have to do is earn Achievements until your Sim ages up.  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2015, 07:00:44 AM »
With some of the bugs floating around in player's games, Blackrosea suggested that all players be required to compile a list of their achievements and the value in case the total needs to be checked. I added that to the rules. Thanks.

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:25 PM »
If I'm remembering correctly, then the achievements for playing Sims 4 for a certain number of hours go across all saves and is cumulative as you play. Should we count those or no?

Offline agamble

• Nooboo
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:20 PM »
If I'm remembering correctly, then the achievements for playing Sims 4 for a certain number of hours go across all saves and is cumulative as you play. Should we count those or no?

That's not true. Each saved game starts all my achievements over. So I have gotten the first time one many times.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 10:07:32 PM »
That's not true. Each saved game starts all my achievements over. So I have gotten the first time one many times.

Every time I start a new file/game I get all fresh achievements. No points.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 10:48:31 PM »

The achievement counts the time you play your game for each new/saved game separately. So one game, if you play it for 1 hour, it will be 1 hour on that achievement for that game. Then on another game you played for 10 hours it will list 10 hours on that achievement for that game.

Offline Ravencloud999

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 11:24:06 PM »
Ohh ok, gotcha. Thanks!

anything