Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2015  (Read 59046 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Baby Boomer 2015
« Reply #150 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:55 PM »
Congrats to LenaLJ! And also to everyone else who got such high scores. I only had 2 sets of twins with just the mom having the fertility reward. And I was annoyed because even though I had enough money to complete the Mansion Baron for someone, when I bought all the stuff, I apparently needed another 20,000 simoleons; I guess things depreciate as soon as you place them.

I didn't know that about the Big Happy Family aspiration; will have to keep that in mind for future challenges.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:36 PM »
Ok, ya I can't tell for sure.  Since they some of the twins were aged up at different times, I have no way of knowing if they were twins for sure.  Looking over my spreadsheet again, I feel like I can recognize 3 for sure, so I probably had 3 sets of twins. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2015, 01:13:42 PM »
Ok, ya I can't tell for sure.  Since they some of the twins were aged up at different times, I have no way of knowing if they were twins for sure.  Looking over my spreadsheet again, I feel like I can recognize 3 for sure, so I probably had 3 sets of twins.
If you only had three sets of twins than I'm really confused as to how you got two extra kids.  You'd had to have had five sets of twins.  Unless you had triplets?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2015, 01:31:23 PM »
If you only have single birth throughout your challenge, you should only end up with 13 children.  Having 18 children means you have 5 sets of twins or have some triplets mixed in with twins.

What I would like to know is if anyone figure out how to increase the fertility chance?  The fertility reward is pretty worthless in my opinion, and herbalism fertility elixir doesn't help much either.

Offline londonsim

• Nooboo
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2015, 01:44:05 PM »
I had two sets of twins for the entire challenge. Both Mom and Dad got the Fertility Reward during the 1st pregnancy. I'd also love to know if there are other ways to increase the chances of multiples.

Congrats everyone - especially the "big scorers" - very impressive! :)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2015, 02:14:18 PM »
Ok, then it was 5.  I did this challenge when it first came out, and it isn't fresh in my mind at all.  Not to mention the distractions today, the thought of doing math is the last thing on my mind.  I can tell you every sim's name and the aspiration they completed in that order.  Besides that, I don't know.  Both of my parents had fertile, that is the only thing I did to get multiple births.  I don't think it does help that much, and a big thought I had was I was at a disadvantage not having outdoor retreat because of the fertility elixir.  That obviously isn't the case, though.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »
Ok, then it was 5.  I did this challenge when it first came out, and it isn't fresh in my mind at all.  Not to mention the distractions today, the thought of doing math is the last thing on my mind.  I can tell you every sim's name and the aspiration they completed in that order.  Besides that, I don't know.  Both of my parents had fertile, that is the only thing I did to get multiple births.  I don't think it does help that much, and a big thought I had was I was at a disadvantage not having outdoor retreat because of the fertility elixir.  That obviously isn't the case, though.
Tixxis actually had a theory that not having Outdoor Retreat might raise the chances of having multiples.  I wonder if that's why you had so many twins.  Did other people who have a lot of twins also not have Outdoor Retreat?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2015, 02:28:42 PM »
Oh, I didn't think of reporting my score with the kids I had in the house, ClayMask! Rats!!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2015, 02:32:13 PM »
Oh, I didn't think of reporting my score with the kids I had in the house, ClayMask! Rats!!
I was wondering why you hadn't reported a score :(

I think that your household also fit the pattern of having a lot of twins when you don't have Outdoor Retreat, right?

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2015, 02:46:36 PM »
I was wondering why you hadn't reported a score :(

I think that your household also fit the pattern of having a lot of twins when you don't have Outdoor Retreat, right?

Im still stuck at work im on my 13th hour now, that is why I have not detailed my strategy yet.
Im also sorry to admit you have to wait till I am done after work tomorrow before I can share.

But one thing I can say is, I had outdoors retreat installed all time I played this challenge, and I had 3 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets. I think its pure luck with those births.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »
Congratulations, Lena and Christinal

This challenge was tough, not in terms of strategy, but in terms of chance.
I had four practice runs: 2 twins once - 3 twins three times - no triplets (at least not for the active household).

In order to secure 13 pregancies without delays, I avoided travel without Ma Boomer. Travel without her would freeze her pregancy and prolong her term. I also made sure I had enough beds to fill the whole house. And just as a good omen, I had three bassinets in place. I had no triplets, but pregnancies 3, 7 and 10 yielded twins.

Ma and Pa Boomer completed their aspirations early week 2. Pa did 'Bestselling Author' and Ma did 'Big Happy Family'. Her firstborn, Ari Boomer, had completed 'Serial Romantic' with shocking succes: 2 sets of twin and 1 set of triplets. Pa and Ma had more grandchildren than children at that stage and endeavoured to make up for it.

The aspirations of the children were based on travel. I started with those that do require it and finished with those that don't. The only exception to this self-imposed rule was the 'Soulmate' aspiration. As ClayMask said, it can be done very quickly.
All the children completed 'Artistic Prodigy' and the majority had violin as a first max.

Ma and Pa helped out whenever they could. The children moved through so quickly, that there was plenty time for them to skill and prepare for their kids aspirations. I never had more than four children in the house. Quite a few times, the parents had the house entirely to themselves.

I finished the file with nearly 24 hours to spare. Bummer, Boomers! :)

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2015, 05:47:18 PM »
Congrats to Lena and Christina!

For the record, out of the 13 pregnancies, I had 4 sets of twins. The first pregnancy was twins; I purchased fertile for both afterward; didn't have twins again until dad was an adult ;P This wasn't surprising for me, as I've played a baby challenge in the sims 4 before and know fertile is incredibly broken. This actually made me more comfortable with starting some of the more difficult aspirations first.

Like ClayMask, the only kids of mine who ever went to school were the whiz kids (who were carefully chosen so they would have enough school days to get an a without having to wait the weekend.) The only teen who went to school was the Renaissance Sim, and only for the two days to get an A and the career boost. I actually gave my kids a variety of child aspirations until the very end, where everybody was run through Artistic Prodigy- Matriarch + Encourage Interaction + Very Inspired makes it a joke. The kids maxed their creativity before they got to playing the violin, so I had my Musical Genius or one of her brothers come over and mentor them for the five hours. They had level 5 or 6 violin skill before they were even teens.

Two weird things I haven't seen listed yet, both related to the house. I use the term "house" lightly- every family member was given Loves The Outdoors, and the house was an inspired room, a focused room, a dry room that could have a random mood object thrown in it, and a room that shifted from playful to energized. These rooms were separated by a wall or two to keep the mood objects from seeping from one to another, but were otherwise completely outdoors, giving a constant 2+ happy moodlet to the family. The only rooms walled off were the bedrooms (as in, rooms with beds in them) and the bathrooms- three two tile rooms containing toilets and three three tile rooms containing showers. That brings me to the next point- there was no sinks on the lots. Sounds random, but it's actually a good time saver, as you don't have to worry about sims wasting time doing silly things like washing their hands or the dishes.

My main downfall was not doing enough forward thinking; there were many times when I would completely forget about a difficult or time consuming requirement on the last part of an aspiration and panic. If I had done the aspiration of my last teen (Freelance Botanist) first instead of last, I would've easily accomplished it. I would've easily accomplished Fabulously Wealthy on my other teen if I'd had the dad painting his butt off mid challenge instead of just twiddling his thumbs. Oh well, I learned a lot for next time!

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2015, 07:05:14 PM »
Congrats to Lena and Christina!
Two weird things I haven't seen listed yet, both related to the house. I use the term "house" lightly- every family member was given Loves The Outdoors, and the house was an inspired room, a focused room, a dry room that could have a random mood object thrown in it, and a room that shifted from playful to energized. These rooms were separated by a wall or two to keep the mood objects from seeping from one to another, but were otherwise completely outdoors, giving a constant 2+ happy moodlet to the family. The only rooms walled off were the bedrooms (as in, rooms with beds in them) and the bathrooms- three two tile rooms containing toilets and three three tile rooms containing showers. That brings me to the next point- there was no sinks on the lots. Sounds random, but it's actually a good time saver, as you don't have to worry about sims wasting time doing silly things like washing their hands or the dishes.
Every Sim I've made in every challenge this year has loves outdoors, and a setup like this, with mood lamps for moods and no sinks for annoyance.  It is so good that it is an absolute necessity in my opinion.

Great job, especiialy for a first challenge Officialghosts.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
@ClayMask Thank you! While I've done other family/child-rearing themed challenges before, this was definitely like no other, and I feel I learned a lot from it.

I was considering going the route of giving everyone Bro, but the boost from Outdoors is larger and easier to obtain. Honestly I could've went with both- very few of the traits other than Outdoors are really that useful, as the random mood boosts are unreliable. But yes, the the mood boost from Outdoors and the time saved from the sinks was incredibly useful, especially during the first half of the challenge, when my sims were actually peeing and eating and didn't just have moodlet solvers shoved down their throats.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:41 PM »
I am in awe of you guys remembering little details.  Those kids were coming and going so fast, I couldn't remember their names, let alone if they were a twin or not.  Maybe I should be better at record keeping.

That is the same set-up I use as well.  Those plates are valuable!  I keep seeing people complain in forums and other random things about dishwashers.  I don't get it, they give you a trash can to make money off of.  Isn't that enough?

My sims are so boring.  Every single one is love outdoors, good, and cheerful.  Every once in awhile I will throw in a random trait for fun.

I hope that in the future they fix this fertility issue, since if you purposely give your sim those rewards, you intend them to have a lot of kiddos.