Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2015  (Read 57662 times)

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
Re: Baby Boomer 2015
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2015, 12:40:23 PM »
Now, I've had a little time to let all these wonderful strategies sink in. And I can't help thinking that 'Outdoor Retreat' does have something to do with the ratio of multiple births. It seems to me that the people who had the most births either did not have the expansion pack or did not use the option of fertility elixirs - maybe didn't visit Granite Falls at all?
In my practice run I didn't use any fertility elixirs, but did visit Granite Falls and had two twins in that one also.  It would fit your idea as long as the use of fertility elixirs wasn't required for it.  In both my practice and actual I visited Granite Falls on day one.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2015, 01:11:50 PM »
Thank you so much for replying, officialghosts and Claymask.
I went to Granite Falls on all on my practice runs and also in the official file. I wanted the woodwork schematic for the mascot sculpture (useful), and then, to a large degree because Ma hunted Wil-o-Wisps (useless).
I hope Christinal and Lena will be inclined enlighten us further.
I'd like to think that there is more than chance to multiples. Maybe this is the answer. If not, I'll drop the subject, promise!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2015, 01:23:02 PM »
You're welcome :) 
I hope Christinal and Lena will be inclined enlighten us further.
Christinal mentioned that she didn't have Outdoor Retreat.  LenaLJ said she did, but I'm not sure if she went on vacation. 

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »
You're welcome :)  Christinal mentioned that she didn't have Outdoor Retreat.  LenaLJ said she did, but I'm not sure if she went on vacation.

I had it installed, did not use it at all though.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2015, 08:20:01 PM »
If that's the case, then cool I guess.  I know that the collection one will be disadvantageous without it.  I have been hoping it would go on sale, but I probably am going to buy outdoor retreat soon anyway. 
I have also discussed this before, I don't do practice play throughs.  In a way, I am curious if I did it all again, how many multiples I would have.  Just because i don't practice doesn't mean I don't form strategy, though.  I always research and make a plan on paper.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2015, 09:43:19 AM »
Thank you so much, Lena and Christinal, for adding to this debate.
I'm now almost sure that not 'using' outdoor retreat may boost the ratio of multiple births somewhat.
The proof is in the pudding, however. It's hard to go back to a challenge once it has been run, but I hope to find extra time to test this concept further. Thank you all again.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #186 on: April 06, 2015, 09:02:46 AM »
Three super quick tests: four twins - three twins + one triplets - four twins.
Goodness, avoiding Granite Falls definitely seems key! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »
@Tixxis
Did you uninstall outdoor retreat? 

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2015, 12:36:15 PM »
@Tixxis
Did you uninstall outdoor retreat?

No, Nutella. I do not know how to do that. I just simply never travelled to Granite Falls.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2015, 01:31:12 PM »
OK thanks.  In a few of my test, I did avoid Granite Falls but still not getting enough twins to satisfy me, wish the fertile reward work better.

Offline Ginj

• Occult
  • There's a dance in the old dame yet
    • Desjardins Story - A Sims 4 Legacy Challenge
« Reply #190 on: April 06, 2015, 01:40:14 PM »
Likewise.  I never traveled to Granite Falls either and only got one set of twins even though both parents had the fertile reward from the beginning. 

Offline PSDuckie

• Quack!
  • Llama Wrangler
    • PSDuckie.com
« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2015, 03:34:06 PM »
I just uploaded my videos for both this challenge and the achievement challenge.  The achievement video will be in that thread, but here's my video for this challenge:

https://youtu.be/qq-RPZ8sNY4