Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2015  (Read 57665 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Baby Boomer 2015
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2015, 09:20:49 PM »
I remember before the early January patch, I used to have twins / triplets popping out all over the place without any fertile reward.  After the patch, they fix the fertility rate, but I think EA fix it just a little too much.

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: March 26, 2015, 09:27:42 PM »
The second pregnancy resulted in natural triplets for me – I hadn't bought the Fertility reward yet. So maybe it was just luck that I got mulitples so easily? That was my first time having triplets in any Sims game (except for earlier this year where pretty much every pregnancy resulted in multiples).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #167 on: March 26, 2015, 09:37:40 PM »
I actually had the first set of triplets I've ever had in the sims in this game- just not in the played household. My fertility rates in households I'm not playing are much higher than ones I am. My fertility rates have fluctuated, though- it's just been between "all single births, all the time" and "mostly single births, but maybe sometimes you'll get lucky and have twins". Fertile never seems to have made a difference, but I always get it anyway in the slight hope that it might work this time.

Offline Blackrosea

• Immortal
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2015, 01:54:58 AM »
Congrats LenaLJ on winning the challenge. Look forward to seeing your strategy soon. :)

Great job everyone that participated.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2015, 03:08:08 AM »
Congratulations, Lena and Christinal
The aspirations of the children were based on travel. I started with those that do require it and finished with those that don't. The only exception to this self-imposed rule was the 'Soulmate' aspiration. As ClayMask said, it can be done very quickly.
Why did you feel the Soulmate aspiration required travel?  Whenever any of my Sims had dates, I had them all at home, except when social events at other venues were required for the Party Animal aspiration, and then it was just ask on date and end date.

You did as well as you could with what you were given.  Sometimes it's hard to know when we make mistakes that can affect our scores, and how relevant those are.  In this case you can know that you couldn't have done better.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2015, 06:10:45 AM »
Why did you feel the Soulmate aspiration required travel?  Whenever any of my Sims had dates, I had them all at home, except when social events at other venues were required for the Party Animal aspiration, and then it was just ask on date and end date.

You did as well as you could with what you were given.  Sometimes it's hard to know when we make mistakes that can affect our scores, and how relevant those are.  In this case you can know that you couldn't have done better.

Soulmate may require travel away from home if you start work on the aspiration outside 'social hours'. Say, a child becomes a teen(/YA) at 1.00 am and has had no chance or time to meet someone yet.
Thank you, Claymask.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
Soulmate may require travel away from home if you start work on the aspiration outside 'social hours'. Say, a child becomes a teen(/YA) at 1.00 am and has had no chance or time to meet someone yet.
Thank you, Claymask.

Mom can meet someone first before your soulmate teen age to YA.  When 1:00am comes around, have mom travel to somewhere with the "soulmate", then back to house with the "soulmate".  Your young adult child can then meet their soulmate and start the aspiration rolling.  Would that help?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2015, 02:10:50 PM »
Mom can meet someone first before your soulmate teen age to YA.  When 1:00am comes around, have mom travel to somewhere with the "soulmate", then back to house with the "soulmate".  Your young adult child can then meet their soulmate and start the aspiration rolling.  Would that help?
Yes, you could either do this or have her throw a party, which for some reason is acceptable in the middle of the night.  There is a chance they might not show up in either of these cases, but when they're young adults or older, they do most of the time.  Not sure about teens.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2015, 02:56:31 PM »
I think the baby boomer challenge has always been my favorite, i still dream back to the one where I had a wooping amount of 58 children in one of the challenges. That was good times back in the sims 3. Now I found what I like the least in the sims 4. The chances on multiples. Back in sims 3 we could really influence it now, even though you use all the options in game, it still felt like luck when I had twins and triplets.

Sim details:

Mother and Father:
Names: Autumn and Cobalt Stars
Traits: Nature Lover, Neat, Good
Aspirations: (Can be seen in the table below, with all the kids aspirations too.)
Rewards bought: Fertile, Morning Sim, Night Owl, (and many more, stopped counting at some point)

Children:
Names: (See table below)
Traits: Nature Lover, (And two random traits that I thought usefull for their aspiration)
Aspirations: (See table below)
Rewards bought: All depended on the aspirations

I started out my couple as a married couple and the first thing they did was get pregnant. Mom was pregnant all the time from the first wohoo to the 13th birth. 13 was the maximum number of pregnancies you could do in the given time.
The first day for the couple was spent on the Soulmate aspiration (they did not complete it though), until they had enough aspiration points for the fertility reward.
After that I let them work on various different aspirations so that they could gather reward points.
They both mastered painting and violin this was important for the child years.

I was lucky that my first pregnancy ended in twins and thought I had stumbled upon a lasting strategy here. But sadly not. The parents would talk to their children and quickly turn them into good friends. As soon as they where turned children I gave all children the Artistic Prodigy aspiration except one. This to me showed as the fastest aspiration to complete. I helped the children maxing the creative skill by encouraging them while painting. When they then had to play 5 hours on the violin they where already past level 5 in the violin skill when reaching their teen years.

This ofcause only went so fast when the dad had completed his aspiration and also did mentor them. That is also why a lot of the older children used other max skills than violin. The children I had max violin I also gave a creative aspiration first so that they got the extra boost from that, the rest got nerd brain for the quick learner.

The aspirations I did devide with what I thought would go slow and faster, so that I had a mix of slow and fast aspirations, this strategy was made because I thought we could influcense the amount of twins and triplets and I therefore would get to do some aspirations twice. But I was sadly wrong. I did not go for the potion of fertility from outdoor retreat in my final run. I did try to get rid of some of the population though to see if I could get more triplets, if it did actually help I do not know.

I think this covers the most, im tired after all my working, so ask if I did not cover all parts.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #174 on: March 27, 2015, 04:36:17 PM »
I did try to get rid of some of the population though to see if I could get more triplets, if it did actually help I do not know.
How did you get rid of some of the population?  A mass drowning or something?  Did the game spawn new townies to replace them, or did the population stay down for a while after that?

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #175 on: March 27, 2015, 04:58:12 PM »
@LenaLJ It looks like your strategy was really similar to mine.  How are you able to put the spreadsheet in the forum?  I really wanted to share that.
I really liked how the reproductive system worked in sims 3 better, as well.  Triplets were very easily influenced.  That is what I was talking about in my earlier post about the fertility issue.  I didn't have the game until black friday, so how the game worked in the very beginning, I don't have experience with. 

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #176 on: March 27, 2015, 05:19:08 PM »
I was wondering why you hadn't reported a score :(

I think that your household also fit the pattern of having a lot of twins when you don't have Outdoor Retreat, right?

Clueless - that's what I am! And really busy!! Yeah, I had a full household at the end of the challenge - Three sets of twins. Every single pregnancy resulted in twins. But I DO have Outdoor Retreat. Before this challenge, in my casual game play, I found the fertility reward to be completely useless. It has never made a difference for me. I didn't even consider wasting points on it. Any twins (or even triplets) I have ever managed to birth were just the randomness of the game tuning. And in this challenge, it was CONSTANT. Weird. Too bad I couldn't finish - it might have been amazing! Ha!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2015, 04:31:01 AM »
How did you get rid of some of the population?  A mass drowning or something?  Did the game spawn new townies to replace them, or did the population stay down for a while after that?

Yes I tried to drown as many as possible but new always passed by the lot. I am not sure if it made a difference at all, and I don't know how fast the game spawned new. But it was worth a try to me.

@LenaLJ It looks like your strategy was really similar to mine.  How are you able to put the spreadsheet in the forum?  I really wanted to share that.
I really liked how the reproductive system worked in sims 3 better, as well.  Triplets were very easily influenced.  That is what I was talking about in my earlier post about the fertility issue.  I didn't have the game until black friday, so how the game worked in the very beginning, I don't have experience with. 

I took a screen shot of my sheet and am posting the picture  :)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2015, 05:50:55 AM »
Thank you, Nutella and Claymask, for your suggestions with regards to the Soulmate aspiration.

Now, I've had a little time to let all these wonderful strategies sink in. And I can't help thinking that 'Outdoor Retreat' does have something to do with the ratio of multiple births. It seems to me that the people who had the most births either did not have the expansion pack or did not use the option of fertility elixirs - maybe didn't visit Granite Falls at all?

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2015, 10:04:53 AM »
@Tixxis I'm not sure. I have the expansion pack, but I never used a fertility elixir, and I only visited Granite Falls right before the final birth occurred (single, btw).