Author Topic: Baby Boomer 2015  (Read 57661 times)

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
Re: Baby Boomer 2015
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2015, 07:52:52 PM »
I'm done, out of real time with a score of 24.
1 parent with aspiration and 4 ya moved out
1 parent without aspiration 1ya and 2teens at home
1child at home

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #136 on: March 25, 2015, 09:40:05 PM »
Finished with:
2 Parents & 11 YA's moved out: 13 x 3 = 39
3 YA's & 2 Teens at home: 5 x 2 = 10
1 Child: 1 x 1 = 1
Total: 42+8+2 = 50

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladybugnd

• Nooboo
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2015, 11:30:52 PM »
*Someone* feels the need to keep every single Simmie in the house completely happy all the time.
I suppose that's why I'd never attempted a challenge before.

Finished with:
Mom aspiration & 2 YA moved out: 3 x 3 = 9
Dad, 1 YA & 3 teens at home: 5 x 2 = 10
1 Child: 1 x 1

Total 20 points

Offline rrturley

• Nooboo
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:26 PM »
ok so I got 13 points in total. 0 for 3 points 5 for 2 points and 3 for 1 point if you could update the leader board please

Offline CynKuy

• Occult
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2015, 12:41:59 AM »
Mom, Dad, and 3 more achieved unique aspirations.  Three teens, one child, and a baby were in the house when time ran out.
(2+3)X3=15
3X2=6
1+1=2

Total score:  15+6+2=23.
Cynthia

Offline Dressagelover

• Nooboo
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2015, 04:16:23 AM »
Congratulations lenaLJ on your win such a great score!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2015, 06:07:20 AM »
This event is now closed.

Wow, guys - 45 participants. :) That makes me very happy - and make no mistake this was a very tough event, so that makes the high participation even more impressive. Great job to everyone and a special tip of the hat to this event's champ, LenaLJ - certainly no stranger to the winner's circle, but it's her first win of 2015. So, great job, Lena. Sorry I did not submit a score for this one everyone, I do not see a problem in participating in all remaining events.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline callycat

• Occult
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2015, 06:55:39 AM »
Congratulations lenaLJ on your win such a great score!

Yes, congrats! That was a tough one.
[they/them pronouns please]

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2015, 07:21:37 AM »
My mom Sim was pregnant every day of the challenge.  Both parents got the fertility reward during the first pregnancy, and they used the fertility elixir once, and always had at least two spaces open for children when they conceived.  Still, in both my practice and actual, they ended up with only two sets of twins.  Did those of you that got more twins do anything else that you think affected this?

My main strategy was to give all the fastest aspirations to the kids.  When they moved out, I spent all their remaining points on moodlet solvers, even though they were rarely needed.  This is because I kept my bestselling author Sim kid around for most of the challenge after he completed his aspiration, in order to write books of life for everyone.  There was always enough room in the house for him to stay and for the possibility of twins until near the end when I had a multiple career aspirations going at once, and some other toughies.

I had the kids do some of the faster aspirations at the beginning, since they didn't have moodlet solvers or books of life yet, but saved the very fastest for the end, so that they could be completed in a hurry before the kids moved out.  I decided that Mansion Baron and Soulmate were the two fastest, so I saved these for the final birth.  Only one kid ended up being born, so he did Mansion Baron.  If no skill was very necessary for the aspiration that the kids earned, they would max herbalism as teens since it's the fastest.  If the parents could help prepare for an aspiration, they would.  For example, the mother had a garden of excellent+ plants in need of evolution ready for a child to do the Freelance Botanist aspiration, and the father completed a collection of postcards so a child would already have a complete collection for The Curator.  The father also got the mentor perk and mentored kids in handiness and guitar.  The kids did social butterfly for the most part unless they were going to be maxing creative skill.  The only exceptions were that the one doing Bodybuilder did Rambunctious Scamp, and the ones doing Nerd Brain and Computer Whiz did Whiz Kid.

I found Social Butterfly to be the fastest of the childhood aspirations, and would help the kids out with it in two ways.  If there weren't enough children in the neighborhood, I would have the mom or dad select file for adoption on the computer but then cancel it, and this would put the kids that would have been adopted into "not in this world" with a parent so that they could be found on the street.  Also, if it was late at night and the kid needed to make people or make friends, one of the parents would throw a party so that the kid could meet or befriend those people.

Congratulations LenaLJ on your win!  Also congratulations to Christinal3106, who was winning all the way until the end, and then lost by one point.

Edit:  I forgot to add that the only kids that every went to school were the ones doing Whiz Kid.  The rest requested a vacation day every day.  Most of them selected Renaissance Sim when againg up for the quick learner bonus, unless they were leveling a creative skill and wanted the Muser bonus.  I couldn't believe how fast a Sim with morning Sim/Night Owl currently active, Muser, and the bonus from Artistic Prodigy could level cooking!  He get more than two levels from cooking a single meal.

Offline agamble

• Nooboo
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
Out of 11 pregnancies my sims only had 12 babies. They also each got the fertility treatment before the first baby was born, and I almost always had 6 or fewer sims in the house. The odds did not seem increased to me, I have had twins in the game several times and never used the fertility treatment. One time it even told me she wasn't pregnant after trying for a baby.

I discovered that mother's don't age during pregnancy. That's odd. Also I discovered that the mentor skill doesn't work on all skills. This really annoyed me as I planned on the mother getting that Family aspiration. Her level 10 skill was cooking with her next highest gardening. Neither of those can be mentored. In the end I switched her to soulmate because I'd used that aspiration to get points early in the game for the fertility treatment and all she had to do was have 2 more gold dates with her husband.

I didn't find painting as lucrative as others. Father did complete the rich aspiration (first time I've completed it), but I had planned on a child getting the Mansion Baron and that did not happen because I just didn't have the funds for a $350,000 house. I only got up to about $280000 for the house.

As I mentioned in my score, I didn't bother aging my last group of kids past teen because the points for a teen and a YA at home were the same. I knew I wasn't going to be able to complete any more aspirations in the time I had. I guess that is part of the strategy. I used a lot of the easier aspirations first, moving my kids out as quick as possible, but then there wasn't time for my remaining kids to meet career goals to finish certain aspirations.

Overall I was happy with 12 kids, with 7 moved out, but I did find the challenge stressful and repetitive.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2015, 12:10:19 PM »
I just typed out this long explanation, went to try to attach the spreadsheet, and lost everything.  I am just going to suppress it down now.  Really, all I wanted to share is that I didn't have many twins either.  There were 4 sets of twins.  All others were single.  The parents completed both family aspirations.

In my immortal dynasty file, I moved in Johnny Zest for money, and I decided to have him impregnate the town.  I gave him fertile, and he was having twins and triplets all over the place.  Maybe it is bugged if both parents have it, or within your household.

All my kids did artistic prodigy, except for one rambunctious scamp.  It was really fast to complete after the mom completed big happy family.  The bonus trait to that is very powerful.  It makes any of her children close by to have a huge skill boost.  Both of the parents did painting.  Even without the encourage, the kids would have creativity maxed before they would have all 5 picture types drawn.  They were only kids for a day.  All the aspirations that didn't have a skill max objective maxed painting.  With the dad mentoring and the mother close by, it was maxed in less than a day.  The first boy who was born was master chef, so he had plenty of time waiting for his 4 promotions to have children outside the household to complete the 4 grandchildren part of the aspiration. 

I also wanted to point out the having a child get the fabulously wealthy aspiration is really easy since you can just sell stuff through their inventories for it to register for that sim.   I just sold a bunch of paintings that the mom and dad painted, and that was a really easy one.  Mansion Baron and the curator were two others that had immediate move outs. 

This was a really buggy file for me.  There were a lot of restarts and cache clearing.  I had to repair it twice as well.  That is one thing about the sims, you really have to know how to deal with those things to enjoy the experience.  It is way better than sims 3 though in my experience.  I had to have mods to run that game for any significant time.  I really hope that sims 4 doesn't get that way when it has a bunch of expansions.

Anyway, congrats @LenaLJ

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2015, 12:23:04 PM »
In my immortal dynasty file, I moved in Johnny Zest for money, and I decided to have him impregnate the town.  I gave him fertile, and he was having twins and triplets all over the place.  Maybe it is bugged if both parents have it, or within your household.
From what I've read about it online, when babies are born to people in the neighborhood, there are a lot of twins.  For some reason not actively playing them causes multiples.

You had four sets of twins and my parents had two, yet your parents had three more children than mine did.  How did you end up with the extra one?  I was pretty sure my Sims had the max number of pregnancies, so there must be something I'm overlooking.

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »
I will double check the count.  It was a estimate.  On the spreadsheet there wasn't a place for twins.  I need to go into the game and look at everyone's ages.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2015, 12:32:07 PM »
I want to say it again, you did very well Christinal3106.  Congratulations, and I like your strategy :)

Offline christinal3106

• Occult
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2015, 12:39:40 PM »
Thanks.  I wrote a lot more, but I lost it all.  I hadn't opened up the game in a few days, and had a origin update.  Now, sims opened up in a little window. I saw this on twitter yesterday.  I will look into it after I reboot my computer and get my kids settled.  It is spring break, and they are fighting like cats and dogs lol.