Author Topic: Game Time - Try Sims 4 Free for 48 Hours (and other games)  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Game Time - Try Sims 4 Free for 48 Hours (and other games)
« on: January 22, 2015, 08:10:58 PM »
If you are curious how The Sims 4 may be, but don't wish to spend money on it, you can give it a try for 48 hours free.  Origin has a program going on called Game Time where you can give it a try.  One thing to bear in mind is that I don't know how long this is going to last.

Origin Game Time

The Sims™ 4 (Origin Game Time)
You create. You control. You rule. Check out The Sims 4 for 48 hours and mess with life without messing with your wallet.

However, they have a few other games you can also try it including Battlefield 4, Titanfall, and Kingdoms of Amalur:  Reckoning

Offline Steellace

• Townie
Re: Game Time - Try Sims 4 Free for 48 Hours (and other games)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 02:08:41 PM »
I appreciated the heads up on this offer, and I took advantage of it.  I just thought I'd add to your post that after you've completed your 2 days (which is 48 hours, regardless of if you are in the game or not), you will get a special offer from Origin for 33% off of the base game (about $20 off).  It doesn't work for the digital version, but you can buy the digital upgrade separately for less than the full digital version with the offer on the base game.  I'm not sure how long the offer lasts after the trial but at least a couple of days.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:28:47 AM »
In my account they are giving me til Feb 4th, so 4ish days. I will definitely be getting this! Such a good price  ;D
Steellace - do you mean the deluxe version upgrade?

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:29:11 AM »
I'm glad you two are giving it a go.  And very nice on a discount; that part is new to me but encouraging.

Offline Steellace

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 02:53:35 PM »
I think the answer is yes, I meant digital deluxe upgrade.  Unfortunately, I have a headcold and I'm not sure if that's still confusing, so let me try to clarify. 

The trial is for The Sims 4 (base game) that sell for $59.99.  After the trial, I was able to purchase that version for 33% off ($40.19).  I was unable to purchase any other version of the game with the discount (I tried).  However, The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe Upgrade sells for $14.99, so it can be tacked on after using the discount and still get the pair for less ($55.18) than if you bought the $69.99 Digital Deluxe version outright.

Gosh, I hope that's clearer ... headcolds make thinking difficult :-).  You got 4 days, wow!  (My Origin still says 48 hours.)  Origin will start popping up and to remind you that your time is running out shortly before it's over so you have time to save your game.  Have fun!

Offline fortheloveofcake

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:20 PM »
I had 48 hours for the trial, til the 4th to purchase the game at a discount.
I did not know that the upgrade was sold separately, good to know!

When you live, live with your soul, not with your time.
When you love, love with your heart, not with your mind.
When you want to be something, the world can't define, open up your eyes.

weaselpie14

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 01:03:36 PM »
That's good to know about the discount, I'm trying out the game time just now (taking a break from it at the moment) but I would be more inclined to buy it if it has a discount at the end.

I must say I'm enjoying it so far! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Last day to try on Game Time
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 05:33:58 PM »
It looks like today is the last day to try the Sims 4 on the Game Time program; and as others have said, if you do, and like it, you can get a 33% discount on the base game (no extra content).

After today, I will close this thread (unless they put Sims 4 back on the program ^_^)

Note:
I'm closing this thread since Sims 4 isn't available on the Game Time program.  If it comes back up, I will re-open it.