Author Topic: Herbalism Skill  (Read 1992 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Herbalism Skill
« on: January 14, 2015, 07:38:23 PM »
A guide to the Herbalism Skill is up. I cannot get the herbicide potion to work at the moment, and the fertilizer one will take more testing. I would love to hear if there are things I'm missing about any of these, or if I've completely missed the mark on what any of them do. My Sim got the 8h itch and I gave him the itch relieving one, and it cut it down to 4h remaining so I think it was working by subtracting 4h, and a regular insect bite would have been cured. There are plenty of sources of anger and nausea in the game, so it's yet to be seen if the game will take care of all these sources or just those from Outdoor Retreat. Let me know, as tomorrow is the day I plan to do some testing on the gardening aspects and update the plant list, so I'm already planning some editing and want to give this guide a second look. I will likely put the herb list on the Herbalism page and expand the table for Gardening with these plants. I'm thinking a miniature icon for the Game Pack would show where it's from, next to the name in the list or off in the notes... I want a good way to make it clear you need that pack to be able to get these Herbs and am open to suggestion. I might just put simple, "Outdoor Retreat" rather than rely on icons.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: Herbalism Skill
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 05:15:59 PM »
The Herbalism Page now has a full herb list, and I've also updated the Gardening Plant List to include those herbs. I've opted to go with the small icons that appear in-game to indicate the GP/EP the content comes from, and will list them at the bottom of each rarity from here on out. Commons from base game, then commons from dlc, etc. so that it should be fairly obvious and we'll eventually have a full list.

Tomorrow i will likely do a collecting page on insects to get that out of the way, as I've had a rough week and want a slow day. Thanks to everyone who has been helping with information gathering for the EP, particularly Nutella and her lists.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »
Morel Mushroom can also be found in the national park, doesn't have to be in the hidden area.  I can collect all 10 new herbs without stepping foot in the hidden area.

Great job on the guide.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 07:05:15 PM »
Morels were the one I had least of after scanning it a few times, but I will edit it to say that those too can be found in the park. Thanks for weighing in.