Author Topic: Outdoor Retreat Miscellaneous Additions (Collectibles, Aspirations etc.)  (Read 11560 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Outdoor Retreat Miscellaneous Additions (Collectibles, Aspirations etc.)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 02:08:59 PM »
Granite Falls Lodging Information:

Campground (0 Bed 0 Bath) -- $111/day
Riverside Retreat (1 Bed 1 Bath) -- $282/day
Green Getaway (1 Bed 1 Bath) -- $397/day
Forest Hideaway (2 Bed 2 Bath) -- $635/day
Lakeside Retreat (4 Bed 3 Bath) -- $893/day

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »
Thanks for recording those. I intend to cover simple vacationing in Granite Falls when I make the big gateway page listing its features. From there, I can link people to the individual guides. I am thinking we'll get about 4 new pages out of this Game Pack, which is way better than just 1 listing clothes and hair styles. After I put up the page on Herbalism, I'll knock out some of the edits. Metro is working on the new Aspiration and that should prompt me to get that info in..

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 02:34:26 PM »
I'm sure someone already knows this, however, I will post it anyway. Since there's a new herbalism skill, the cheat for it is Stats.set_skill_level Major_herbalism #   to raise our lower that skill.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 02:54:10 PM »
@tonycdh Thanks I'll do a quick edit of the Cheats page right now.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
Talking to the Hermit gives another recipe upon reaching Good Friends with her. It's a special Fertilizer I mean to test.

Offline tonycdh

• Townie
  • What does the llama say?
    • Me
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 06:03:15 PM »
Question. Is the hermit always a female?  When I visited the deep woods, the only person there was a man. I befriended him, don't recall his name though.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 06:07:10 PM »
Nope. I just wasn't thinking. The Hermit may be male or female, but seems to be an insane loner who loves the outdoors no matter what.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »
Talking to the Hermit gives another recipe upon reaching Good Friends with her. It's a special Fertilizer I mean to test.

Just tested it, I got Fungal Infusion Fertilizer (for plants/herbs) from Hermit.

Fungal Infusion Fertilizer -- 3 Morel Mushroom + 2 False Morel Mushroom + 1 Blackberry + 1 Dust Spirit
Value -- $429

Not sure how good this fertilizer is, but cooking this recipe started fire on my lot 2 separate times, so be careful simmers.   ;)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »
1 New Party / Event Type:

Weenie Roast

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 06:55:52 PM »
@Nutella Were you level 10 Herbalism with this Sim that got the recipe? I'm wondering if it is because you can do it at low level, given you are able to get Good Friends with her without necessarily levelling Herbalism. I'm putting it at the end of the list, regardless.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 07:09:33 PM »
@Carl  I was at level 10 Herbalism, but then I started a new game and tested new sim with herbalism 1, I was still able to get same recipe from Hermit as long as I am good friend status.  So put down the recipe as level 1.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 07:39:40 PM »
Well, I put ?? and added it at the end. You'll see how I decided to flow into where to get the recipe below the table, so think it's fine as-is. I did omit the pricing, opting instead to tell people that it's not worth selling them. All of these are worth less than the produce and insects used to make them, as far as I can tell :(

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »
Free Build Mode

There is a lot in Granite Falls National Park where you can enter build/buy mode.  Selling items will NOT add to your income, and you CAN'T put those items into your household inventory either.  However you can buy bed, easel, whatever necessary for free and live there comfortably, you still need to pay vacation rent though.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 03:35:12 PM »
That's good, because I wasn't able to enter build mode in the rental houses. It's really nice to hear you can set up a permanent place in the woods. Good for storytelling and general gameplay. Where is that lot, exactly? I take it the smart thing to do would be to rent the tents for $111/day and use that place as your staging grounds for collecting/whatever.

@Nutella I also realized it would be smart to put that at level 1 as you said, because a Gardener might just want to go after that one recipe to help their garden. I'm testing that fertilizer while also making the table of herbs for the herbalism page, then slipping those rows into the base game table. I'm going to skip alphabetizing them but rather put OR stuff at the end of each quality level, along with an icon to indicate it's that game pack (the little campfire) and go from there. That will give us one big list, with an organization based on GP/EPs owned. I think this is a good approach since many will not own them all.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 03:50:20 PM »
The lot is at the Granite Falls Forest (national park), there is only one house/lot in that park.  When you zone into the forest, hit F2 on your keyboard and you will see it -- the lot is huge.  You can even delete all the big pine trees, to help you see better when collecting insects/herbs.  Yes, it would be smart to do the $111/day then use that place as staging grounds for whatever.