Author Topic: Gallery Sims and Setting Age, etc  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Gallery Sims and Setting Age, etc
« on: December 31, 2014, 02:20:50 AM »
Hey guys, I have an odd question.  I had something happen to my legacy file (I lost it; it was accidentally deleted and was unrecoverable, sadly).  I have the family saved to the gallery, but the ages and whatnot are messed up.  For example, the founder is half-way through YA hood, yet her husband (who was the same age as her) is back to just starting as a YA.  Their child is about halfway through childhood.  I'd like to reset the child's age and add to the father's age.  Is there a way to do this?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Gallery Sims and Setting Age, etc
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 02:07:55 PM »
I haven't found any way of resetting a sim's age to anything other than at the beginning of each age category. I guess you'd have to play each sim separately until at the age you needed, which isn't idea for sure, then resave and then eventually merge back into one household.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 02:16:08 PM »
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of, though I did put her age back to YA and can't figure out why it still says 8 days to adult.  I'm curious what the mechanics of saving to the gallery are.  Is the only way to get a Sim that's, well, unplayed is just to make them in CAS then upload them? 

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 05:15:05 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's how that works. All Sims I upload to my library are "unplayed" in that they're straight from CAS, so the life stages are set at the beginning. I'm pretty sure saving a played household to the library means they still have their life stages. (I think they also have all jobs, aspirations, skills, etc left over.) I'm not sure why your male Sim reset to the beginning of YA.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 04:51:35 PM »
I actually had that problem with one of my legacy kids - Jaxon was a child in game when I saved the family to the gallery. I then went into the family, deleted the other members and aged Jaxon up to adult and saved him as a separate sim. When I went to play him - we was already up to 16 days until age up! Some how he had lost 4 days? I tried a few times (even changed his name etc.) and it kept happening. Not sure why and haven't been able to find an answer anywhere either.

What gets me the most is I did the same thing with his sister Karly and she was fine!  ::) Must be just one of those bug things...  Sorry Wolf

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:09:09 PM »
Oh well, that's what a young again potion is for XD I let my founder get almost to adult and then gave her one.