Author Topic: The Robin Legacy-Chapter 4 GRAVEYARD  (Read 5591 times)

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
The Robin Legacy-Chapter 4 GRAVEYARD
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:42:14 AM »
The Robin Legacy
Yep! I got Sims 4 for Christmas! Two days after opening it, I'm doing a legacy. Am I crazy? Probably.

SUCCESSION LAWS
Gender: Matriarchy(If four children have come, and all are male, one of them can then be chosen as heir)
Bloodline: Strict Traditional
Heir: Democracy(Yep! You all get to vote on a poll site I'll link to.)

STATS:
Generation 1

Founder: Shaylee Robin
Partner:
Traits: Genius, Geek, Romantic, Quick Learner(aspiration)
Aspiration; Computer Whiz- complete? - NO
Career: Tech Guru-Level 1
Anti-ageing: No

Here she is, Shaylee Robin.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Re: The Robin Legacy
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 01:06:33 PM »
Chapter 1:
Shaylee: Hi there. My name is actually Lira Oakenstead, but I changed it when I ran away from home. My mother was the Lady Clara I of Oakenstead, and my father was her lord. The titles don’t really have any meaning these days, but the Oakenstead family used to reign over Willow Creek. Our place of power was Oakenstead Manor, the now modernized home in which I grew up. I was clear from the age of thirteen I wanted no part of the family fortune, or their shady businesses, so my younger brother Frederick was heir. He was the reason I stayed until I graduated from high school. He did whatever my parents told him to, but he loved me. My parents doted on me in the public eye, but at home it was a different story. I was to do my homework, ace my exams, socialize only with the popular kids in my class. I was to come straight home from school every day, and if I was interviewed about my parents’ campaigns, I smiled and I was innocent and I lied. It worked until I was thirteen, and I found my father’s files on past campaigns. A lot of it I didn’t understand at the time, but I told my parents that evening I renounced the heirship. There was tears, and my mother acted so kind and understanding, like she knew what I was going through, like she could help. Her words. I stood firm. Over time, I started acting out. I ditched all my beautiful, rich, popular friends and the homework was tossed into a bin. My friends didn’t care about me at all. They just kept partying and still getting good marks on homeworks. I never did my homework, but I revised for all my tests. I just didn’t use my revision. It wasn’t the homework that aced my exams; I was a genius. Instead of going straight home I played nerdy video games and let the public think whatever they wanted to. I stayed out as long as I could. I hated Oakenstead Manor. It burnt to the ground exactly one week ago, and took my family with it.

The taxi stopped at a large, lush green plot of land. Shaylee slid off the seat and paid the driver. She stood at the front of the lot and stared. “It doesn’t look like anything was ever here.” She murmured.
Rikki: They cleared all the debris.
Shaylee: Aargh! Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention that the Watchers thought they would set me a challenge. In addition to raising Oakenstead II, I have to raise a ten-generation legacy. In return, they’ll revive me when the legacy is complete. To make sure I play by their rules, I have a Guardian Watcher. I’d explain about Watcher society, but apparently I have bigger problems.
Rikki: Your bank account’s been hacked. You now have 1800 simoleons.
Shaylee seethed. “Kira.” She hissed.
Shaylee: Kira is my cousin. She lived in a smaller estate near the manor. We were best friends growing up. She was the only person who I couldn’t beat at tests, at anything really. She was the better version of me: one without a conscience.

Rikki: Here’s your hovel...um, home.

“Uh, thanks. I guess.” Shaylee answered.
Rikki: Pick up that phone. You’re gonna need a job, honey. And someone to call you honey. Other than me.
“Huh?”
Rikki: *muttering* And the tech guru career...then to the park!

Rikki: Here we are! Dear Watcher, these graphics are good...Now, get out there, and find some eligible males!
“Got it!” Shaylee answered confidently.

Rikki: Shaylee, honey, when I said eligible...
Shaylee: Well, it’s Alexander, the fat fisherman or the old guy.
Rikki: Point taken. Carry on your chess game, then. I’ll tell you when an eligible male does appear.

Shaylee: Ooh, look, some frogs!

Rikki: Go dig something up as well, there’s still only adults and elders.

Rikki: We may as well go home at this-WAIT!
Shaylee covered her ears.
Rikki: Oh my watcher, I found one!
Shaylee: One what?
Rikki: A young adult! Over there!
Shaylee hurried over and blushed when he lifted his head to look at her.

“Hi. I’m Shaylee.” Shaylee introduced herself. “Hi. I’m Eric. I really have to get going, but here’s my number.” He pressed a piece of paper into Shaylee’s hand, smiled and jogged off. “Wow.” Shaylee murmured.
Rikki: Call him tomorrow. For now, eat a hamburger.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Well, that concludes our first chapter! Another one will be out today or tomorrow.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 04:55:17 PM »
Shaylee is really pretty! Good luck with Eric - I'll be reading  :)

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
  • Time changes people hearts...
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 06:41:30 PM »
Congratulations for getting TS4 and welcome to the family *big grin*

Yep, it’s crazy but hey it’s in a good way! Well, I need more time to prepare things for a challenge; I think that’s a brave decision for sure! ;D
It’s a very tense beginning but I love how humor slipped in yours.

Good luck with your Legacy :)
Arimau's Playground
Life Sounds Like (Complete)
This Is I Promise You: Bad Day

"Whatever you are, be a good one" - Abraham Lincoln -
"Because out of the heart's store come the words of the mouth." - unknown -

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 07:58:51 PM »
I am so, so glad YA townies can be found now! :) Best of luck with Eric, and I like the backstory you've given to your legacy. :) I wonder if her family history will come back to haunt either her or the future generations?
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Re: The Robin Legacy-Chapter 2
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 06:05:41 AM »
@KTK10 Thanks! I spent a lot of time tweaking her face, then my (young) cousins came over and wanted me to show them the game and make Shaylee have a sister and a kid, which also meant quickly skipping past anything unsuitable in the everyday before they (or my aunt) saw it...then they left and I redid everything.
@arimau Thank you, I did already play one household as my tester, but have no experience of teens apart from LifeSimmer's LPs.
@Whirligig The backstory mostly came from the deleting Oakenstead, moving her in and having literally no money. I just built on it. I did kind of worry it was too long, but glad you liked it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 2:
In the morning, Shaylee played video games. She didn't have to work until Tuesday.

She invited Eric over and they talked.

They both got pretty embarrassed when Shaylee tried some flirting. 

Rikki: Wait a minute...rewind and zoom in...

Rikki: Um...Shaylee?
Eric still looked embarrassed. "So...um...I gotta go..."

Shaylee cursed under her breath.
Rikki: Come on, honey. Let's go to the gym.
Shaylee: Are you implying I have a weight problem?!
Rikki: No, I'm implying you have a hygiene problem.
Shaylee: I guess I see your point. Why the gym, though?
Rikki: They have showers. Let's go!

After her shower, Shaylee dug up another time capsule and found a Striped Eggplant frog. She grilled some hot dogs for her lunch.

Rikki: Wait...I found Eric! Call him over.

Shaylee got up and rushed over. "I'm sorry about earlier." She said by way of greeting. He shook his head. "No, it's fine. You're great, Shaylee, and I-" He stopped mid-flow as Shaylee kissed his hands. "Thank you! I was so worried I'd ruined the beginnings of a beautiful Princess Leia and Han Solo kind of friendship."

Eric laughed. "So, are you going to tell me you're not just beautiful but nerdy too?" Shaylee struck a seductive pose. "You better believe it."

They carried on flirting until Shaylee went in for the kill...

Eric smiled at her weakly. "I...I gotta go." She chased after him. "Wait!" She called breathlessly. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He paused. "Yes!" He answered excitedly.

Rikki: OK, honey. Time to go home.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Again, another chapter today or tomorrow.

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Re: The Robin Legacy-Chapter 2
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
Chapter 3:
Shaylee went to the park before work and cooked some more burgers.

After work, she had enough money for a toilet.

She called Eric over and embraced him as soon as he'd knocked on the door.

"Listen, I know it's soon, I mean I met you like, 2 days ago... but, well, my finances are bad and yours are worse, so, maybe-" Shaylee was cut off by Eric. "Get on with it!" Shaylee blushed. "Well...will you move in with me?" He laughed. "Why didn't you say so? Of course!"
Rikki: OK...hang on, you live with two elders and a teen who all share your name?
Eric: My grandparents and my cousin. Wait, who are you?
Rikki: I'm Shaylee's Guardian Watcher. I think we'll move the teen in. And, of course, change your aspiration to the OTHER Love aspect...
Eric: Shaylee! You're in a Watched household?
Shaylee: Well, I kind of have to do a ten-generation legacy and rebuild Oakenstead II.
Eric: Wow. OK, let me call Paris.

"Hey Paris!" Eric said when she got there. "Listen. Gran and Grandad can't keep us for much longer, and Shaylee here has offered to take us in, where we can build up our finances, taking the strain off them." Paris sighed. "Basically you want me to move in with you and your girlfriend? I mean, why didn't you just say that? Sure." He hugged her.

Rikki: I'll remodel.

Shaylee: What?! We need walls!
Rikki: Eh. That's arguable.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
Re: The Robin Legacy-Chapter 3
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 03:01:57 PM »
Last sentence.. hahahaha! Great two updates, pleased Eric is on board with the romance thing. I love how Grimy Shaylee got!!  ;D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 08:08:15 PM »
Love your founder Shaylee and Eric will be great once the other love aspiration kicks in I'm quite sure! Got you bookmarked, can't wait for the next update!  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 04:11:59 AM »
Aww, what an adorable relationship! :) I like these two together.

And I agree, the necessity of walls is most certainly up for debate, especially in the early stages of a legacy. ;)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 05:02:10 AM »
Oh. My. That’s unexpected for an ending. It’s a plot twist, lol!
Arimau's Playground

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
Re: The Robin Legacy-Chapter 4
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »
@KTK10 Yeah, it was one of my better lines. My sims seem to get that grimy ALL THE TIME, at least in my test file they did.
@Playalot Thank you!
@Whirligig They really are adorable together. I worried he wasn't the one after he kept rejecting her flirts, but now they're together, he spams romantic actions on her like nobody's business.
@arimau Indeed. She simply didn't have enough money to keep them, and it should be an incentive to work hard for a promotion...
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chapter 4:
In the middle of the night, Eric woke Shaylee and pulled her into his arms.

"Were you serious about the whole 10-gen legacy thing?" He asked her. She nodded, too sleepy to talk. "Maybe this will help." He replied, going down on one knee.

"Shaylee Robin, I know that isn't your real name, but there's nothing more real to me than you. The reason I rejected your flirting at first is because I'd wanted since I was a Teen to be a Serial Romantic, and I knew I'd never be able to let you go. Then I realized what's a Serial Romantic when you can have your Soulmate?" He opened his hands to reveal a ring.

"Will you marry me, Shaylee Robin?" She gasped and nodded, taking the ring.

"Wow, I didn't think they made these kinds of 'antique' rings any more." Shaylee examined the silver patterned ring with the tiny glowing diamond set in it. "They don't." Eric replied. "My grandparents gave it to me when I told them about you. My grandfather gave it to my grandmother when they were eighteen. They were high school sweethearts and they're still in love." Shaylee slipped the ring on to her finger. It fit perfectly.

Eric stood up and she leaped into his arms.

Short but sweet. Another chapter soon! I have family over for New Years, and I need to do chapters for Opal's Task as well, so don't get too used to the regular updating.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 03:28:33 PM »
Aww... so sweet!  :)

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 06:26:25 PM »
Agreed, very sweet. These two have a lovely relationship. :)
The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline arimau

• Eau Lumineuse
  • Occult
    • arimau's Playground
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2015, 02:34:29 AM »
“There's nothing more real to me than you.”

That’s a very sweet proposal. I loved his line. I also loved how you captured the screenshots—loved the gesture parts!
Arimau's Playground