Author Topic: Really hard to get promoted?  (Read 7181 times)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Really hard to get promoted?
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:24:53 PM »
I've been messing with the new business career, and I've noticed that the performance bar moves up very slowly once you get to level 3 or 4. Even with full bars, daily task completed, and ideal mood, it took 3 days to get to the top of the bar on level 4 (and it didn't top out until just as my Sim arrived home, so even though the check mark is there, the promotion still hasn't gone through). Anyone else noticing anything like this, in the business career or any others?

goat

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Really hard to get promoted?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 11:35:46 PM »
I've noticed a bit of difficulty in most of the careers, actually.  They made the requirement of the daily task/ideal emotion carry more weight, I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 12:48:14 AM »
Does that mean both needs to be accomplished to progress per work session (daily task/emotion)? I find myself using the Work Hard function more often now.
“With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 12:54:09 AM »
Work hard does make it move a bit faster, though as you progress higher, I think it's just harder in general.  At least that's what I've seen.  I haven't done a ton of testing though since the patch.

Offline MischaMusic

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 05:45:44 AM »
I'm finding it hard to get promoted in all careers. Even with everything completed, daily task done, correct emotional state, and a full progress bar, it sometimes takes more than two days. This patch has really bad timing as we have a career focused tournament challenge coming up!! GAH!!
"'Ah, music,' he said, wiping his eyes. 'A magic beyond all we do here!'' -J.K. Rowling (via Dumbledore)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 09:07:07 AM »
I'm finding it hard to get promoted in all careers. Even with everything completed, daily task done, correct emotional state, and a full progress bar, it sometimes takes more than two days. This patch has really bad timing as we have a career focused tournament challenge coming up!! GAH!!

It's really going to be interesting to see what the winner ends up posting as far as number of maxed careers. It will be a lot less with this new progress bar nerf that's for sure. No one will be able to cap all 20 careers - it would be impossible for 2 Sims in the short span of Young Adulthood to Elder birthday.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:51:18 PM »
I have gotten so frustrated with the slow movement that I have been cheating the promotions occasionally.  Only when they meet the requirements, have done the daily tasks and are in the right emotional state for a few days with hardly any movement of the performance bar, I give them a promotion.  Its just so dull to be at the same level with no movement despite fulfilling all requirements for a whole sim week.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 11:21:23 PM »
I have gotten so frustrated with the slow movement that I have been cheating the promotions occasionally.  Only when they meet the requirements, have done the daily tasks and are in the right emotional state for a few days with hardly any movement of the performance bar, I give them a promotion.  Its just so dull to be at the same level with no movement despite fulfilling all requirements for a whole sim week.

Ironically, one thing I didn't like about TS3 was that promotions were too easy. I found it boring to get promoted every day. So, in theory, I like the idea that you can get stuck at one job level for a long time. On the other hand, during my first generation, I want my sims to make some money, so they can afford a new house, darn it!

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 11:07:58 AM »
On the other hand, during my first generation, I want my sims to make some money, so they can afford a new house, darn it!

I think the game kind of forces people to find other sources of income. It's nice, since it forces players to become a little bit resourceful, which is how we should be. :)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 01:07:27 PM »
I think the game kind of forces people to find other sources of income. It's nice, since it forces players to become a little bit resourceful, which is how we should be. :)

That's so true imayu94! I didn't think about it like that before! It makes sense though and makes it more like previous games when you had to suffer being poor for a while at the beginning of a sims life.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
Don't forget there are some reward traits that help with promotions. There is one that makes it more likely for you to get a promotion. Even with this, though, you still don't get a promotion every day.

Offline ChristmasEve

• Nooboo
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 10:32:30 AM »
Tip to move up the bar faster: when reach level 10 charisma, the option to negotiate for a bonus via the phone unlocked, could result in an immediate bump of performance if successful. However performance will decrease if unsuccessful, so save the game before you make the call. In my experience, being "very confident" and had finished daily task results in a very high chance of successful negotiation. Good luck!

Offline imayu94

• Townie
  • I overcomplicate.
    • Sims Stories
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »
I thought that the Max Charisma skill only allows you to get a few monetary bonuses, not performance boosts. Not sure though. I haven't explored it much yet.

Offline MegaTank

• Nooboo
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 04:09:45 PM »
If you're willing to put the time in, there are two options on the computer than can help you raise performance faster.

Hack Work Performance (Programming)
Make Connections : #careername (charisma I think)

Like other hacking, this can backfire and lower your performance instead so be careful with this one (or just save before).

anything