Author Topic: Game Packs (between Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs)  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Game Packs (between Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs)
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:15:01 PM »
EA has just released information some information on what they are terming 'Game Packs' which will be somewhere between a Stuff Pack, and an Expansion Pack in the amount of content it has.

I made this thread separate in case someone wishes to talk about the idea of Game Packs in general.  Talk of the new Game Pack:  The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat can be found in this thread:
The Sims 4:  Outdoor Retreat

Just what Is a Game Pack?

December 19 by SimGuru Grant Comment

I have been working with members of The Sims 4 team on something fun. I am excited to share it with you all, as I know it’s going to allow you to tell even more unique and wonderful stories with your Sims.

Two words. Game Pack. What is a Game Pack you ask? Game Packs are unique to The Sims 4. Our first Game Pack - The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat - will be coming out in January 2015, but before we talk about that, let’s talk about what a Game Pack is.

About nine years ago, during The Sims 2 days, we introduced Stuff Packs to The Sims franchise to change up the way you could customize your Sim stories. Stuff Packs were focused on a specific theme and included clothing, hairstyles, furniture and décor.

For The Sims 4, we wanted to continue that tradition while giving you even MORE opportunities to craft the stories you want, since a Game Pack provides new gameplay features, new objects and new clothing based around one central theme. Being able to expand your gameplay through a Game Pack allows us to give you some of the things you’ve been asking for and it’s something we are really excited about.

So, what can you expect from the first Game Pack in early 2015? Well, you’re going to take your Sims to Granite Falls to visit and explore an all-new destination. The woods are packed with gameplay possibilities. Campfire songs, weenie roasts and bear costumes, oh my!

So there’s a little tasty news to chew on, keep an eye out for more!

Later, Simmers!

-SimGuru Grant

The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack will be available in January 2015 for $20. More information will be available in January.
(Source:  The Sims News)

Offline ManiSims

• Occult
Re: Game Packs (between Stuff Packs and Expansion Packs)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 03:53:36 PM »
I wonder if with these Game Packs they'll still have Expansion Packs for TS4. I think probably not (hopefully...). I like the idea of getting a bunch of mini-EPs for a much lower price. Part of the reason I held off on buying Expansions for TS3 was how expensive they were.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 04:31:53 PM »
It strikes me as a little more equivalent to worlds from the TS3 store. Or some middle ground between a world and an EP.

Either way, the price is better than it was for either in TS3. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »
I wonder if with these Game Packs they'll still have Expansion Packs for TS4. I think probably not (hopefully...). I like the idea of getting a bunch of mini-EPs for a much lower price. Part of the reason I held off on buying Expansions for TS3 was how expensive they were.
I would have to dig through SimGuruGrant's tweets, but he did say there would still be Expansion packs.  These 'Game Packs' would be a good way to create content on a shorter basis.

But yeah, they were hoping to keep it at a $20 price point as well.  And when/if sales come up, I will try to post it. 

It strikes me as a little more equivalent to worlds from the TS3 store. Or some middle ground between a world and an EP.

Either way, the price is better than it was for either in TS3. :P
A comparison to the worlds is pretty good Trip.  I hesitate to state so in case they release a pack which doesn't have a world ;)