Author Topic: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview  (Read 52545 times)

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
Re: 2015 Challenge Tournament Overview
« Reply #135 on: June 06, 2015, 10:52:03 AM »
Wow, two promotions in a row!
Congratulations, Marian!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #136 on: June 06, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »
Congratulations Marion.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #137 on: June 06, 2015, 01:11:05 PM »
Congratulations Marion!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #138 on: June 06, 2015, 01:37:08 PM »
Thanks everyone! It's a great team and I'm happy to be part of it.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: June 06, 2015, 06:41:04 PM »
This post is to give you a heads up in case you did not see this post in another forum section —

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,23857.0/topicseen.html

But, the Cliff Notes version is ClayMask had a great suggestion to make PMing the whole challenge team easier and that is to make everyone on the team its own member group (you can check those when sending a PM). Carl made it happen within the hour. Nice and easy.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2015, 12:51:12 PM »
Is it okay to use Sims from the gallery that we've looked over in advance to make sure they don't have any skills or satisfaction points?  I've seen some that I'd love to have in a game.

Offline officialghosts

• Occult
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2015, 01:06:44 PM »
@ClayMask You can use the "play with genetics" option in CAS to create a twin of the original sim that is CAS fresh- no skills, no points, start of age stage
 Then you can just delete the original and use the twin, and don't have to worry about checking all their stats.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2015, 01:08:37 PM »
@ClayMask You can use the "play with genetics" option in CAS to create a twin of the original sim that is CAS fresh- no skills, no points, start of age stage
 Then you can just delete the original and use the twin, and don't have to worry about checking all their stats.
Yes thanks, but I was wondering whether we could just use the ones from the gallery without having to do this.  They normally have no skills or anything anyway.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
Is it okay to use Sims from the gallery that we've looked over in advance to make sure they don't have any skills or satisfaction points?  I've seen some that I'd love to have in a game.

Well, not at this point. It's understood that Tournament Sims are always player created and not pulled from the Gallery. But, I am open to hear others opinions.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
I tried starting out with a sim I'd already played with and had stored to my library. He had quite a few skills and a reward trait, none of which showed up in CAS, but which did appear when I started playing. I don't think there's a way to tell if a sim has skills and traits until you start playing. The twin option does give you a clean slate, but the clothing and hair are different, and you have to assign traits yourself. Overall, I think it's probably not a good idea to pull sims from the Gallery, as people sometimes do post sims that they have played with in a game.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2015, 02:25:08 PM »
I realize that the skills and points don't show up in CAS, but one could always create a game and check them in advance.  I think it would be great if they were allowed.  If not though, I'll deal with the twin option.

Offline Tixxis

• Occult
  • daydreamer
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
There is another issue to consider here: Sims seem to come with 'hidden attributes'.
To explain this, I'll take the painting skill. Once your Sim hits level 7-8, they'll show a tendency to make more masterpieces in one genre than any other. The 'innate' genre differs from Sim to Sim. If your Sim has an aptitude for 'abstract' you'd cheer. A Sim with a natural talent for 'pop art' won't make you half as happy.
This goes for other skills as well. Lucky you if you created a founder Sim with an aptitude for catching angelfish.

I must add that a 'template' Sim from the personal library will not always display the same 'innate' talent as it's identical counterpart.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
Do we have any dynasty and/or challenges that allow using gallery sim?  I don't think we do, but if the team missed any of them let us know, we will fix it.  All sims must start from scratch, clean slate.

Offline ClayMask

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: June 17, 2015, 02:22:08 AM »
Do we have any dynasty and/or challenges that allow using gallery sim?  I don't think we do, but if the team missed any of them let us know, we will fix it.  All sims must start from scratch, clean slate.
I'm not sure about the dynasty rules, since I don't play them.  I just saw it wasn't a rule here, and I didn't see mention of the Gallery in any recent challenges, so I wanted to check and make sure it was alright.  You're saying making clones isn't allowed, either?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: June 17, 2015, 08:07:24 AM »
The Hobos and Retail events start in less than 24 hours, so if you need final clarifications before you begin - now is the time to ask questions. Good luck in those events everyone.