Author Topic: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat  (Read 18963 times)

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
Re: The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
from http://simscommunity.net

Quote from there site

The Sims 4’s Main Menu bottom slider just revealed that The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat Game Pack will be released next week!

Quote from their forum

Either Monday or Tuesday or anywhere from 12-16

Offline jen2912

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 02:36:56 PM »
Full trailer being released Tuesday 13th Jan (tomorrow)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2015, 11:16:29 AM »
The full Sims 4:  Outdoor Retreat is now out (I will be putting up official info in a few minutes).

However, the full official trailer can be seen here:
The Sims 4:  Outdoor Retreat Official Trailor

Top 6 Things You Need to Know About Outdoor Retreat

January 14 by SimGuru Lakshmi Comment

The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat is here, complete with a new destination filled with new gameplay possibilities, new objects, activities and a whole new skill. No matter how you play the game, this game pack will have something exciting for you!

Here are the top six things you need to know:

1. Wander into an All-New Destination: Your Sims can now make an escape from their everyday lives into the pine-filled air of Granite Falls. They can venture deep into the woods to discover new surprises, including dangerous and wondrous herbs, and new species of insects.  Let’s just hope that your Sims aren’t squeamish about creepy crawlers.

2. Set Up The Perfect Camp: No camping trip is complete without the proper supplies. Your Sims will be able to purchase a tent and outfit themselves in new hiking gear. For the less adventurous Sims, they can still camp out in the comfort of their backyard.

3. Enjoy Unique Outdoor Activities: Lay back for a night of stargazing and let your Sims’ imagination run wild! Join a game of horseshoes and take a hike in the national park or try to find the hermit rumored to live in the deepest parts of the forest.

4. Gather around the Campfire: Treat your Sims to some roasted marshmallows and tell fireside stories of adventure, wonder and fright for the whole gang. Kick back and enjoy a quick refreshment from the all-new cooler!

5. Create Exotic Remedies as an Herbalist:  Build your Sim’s herbalism skill to create a variety of useful remedies, from insect repellent to a concoction that can help soothe a tense Sim. This new skill will be useful to help Sims identify which wild plants are edible or poisonous. 

6. Bear Costumes: The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat experience wouldn’t be complete without Bear costumes. That’s right, big, furry, sneak up on your campsite at night because you left food out kind of bears. Just imagine what kind of fun your Sim will have wandering around the campsite in that outfit. In fact, you can even take the costume home and see what sorts of mischief your Sim can get into!

So get your Sims out in the fresh air and give them the outdoor retreat of a lifetime.  We're really excited about this game pack and can't wait to see what kind of stories you create!

(Source:  The Sims)

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:54 AM »
At this moment, The Sims 4:  Outdoor Retreat is just a download via Origin.  You can get it for $19.99

You can get it here:
The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat

Explore the Outdoors!

New surprises await your Sims out in the wilderness. Explore the all-new destination of Granite Falls, where your Sims can go camping, sing songs or tell ghost stories around the campfire, and enjoy all sorts of new activities!

Explore the All-new Destination of Granite Falls.
Your Sims can escape from their everyday lives into the pine-filled air of Granite Falls. Lay back for a night of stargazing and let your Sims’ imaginations run wild, or join a game of horseshoes to unwind with some friendly competition. Alternatively, find out what adventure awaits within the nearby bramble patch. There are tons of things to do in Granite Falls! 

Set Up the Perfect Camp.
No camping trip is complete without the proper supplies. Be sure to outfit your Sims with a tent and new hiking gear. Treat your Sims to some roasted marshmallows and share fireside stories of adventure, wonder, and fright with the gang.

Create Exotic Potions as an Herbalist.
Build your Sim’s herbalism skill to create a variety of useful potions, ranging from insect repellant to a concoction that can help soothe a tense Sim. This new skill will be useful to help Sims identify which wild plants are edible or poisonous.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
When they said a trailer would be out tomorrow, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be available already. Now I've bought it, but it will not appear in my Origin client. This is probably because I used some funds I had in my EA wallet. Now I'm stuck waiting on Customer Service. if there is some solution to this problem that a user can do themselves, I'll share it here... otherwise, I hope this isn't happening to anyone else because it's a pretty big annoyance with 15 mins wait to talk to them. Obviously I'd love to be playing right now. Some of my work on Careers is going to be published in Sims Magazine (App store/Android e-zine) and I just finished editing on that. I was hoping to jump right into Outdoor Retreat and try the new Skill!

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 03:14:10 PM »
When they said a trailer would be out tomorrow, I definitely wasn't expecting it to be available already. Now I've bought it, but it will not appear in my Origin client. This is probably because I used some funds I had in my EA wallet. Now I'm stuck waiting on Customer Service. if there is some solution to this problem that a user can do themselves, I'll share it here...

Where are you looking for it in Origin, Carl?

For me, Outdoor Retreat didn't appear in the main page of my Library.  Instead, I went to My Games, scrolled down to the Sims 4.  From there, I clicked on the little 'i'.

If you do that, it should bring up what version of the Sims 4 you have; and in the middle, it shows Sims 4:  Outdoor Retreat...and this you then have to click to download.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »
It is exactly as you said, Bri. I expected it to appear just as the expansions do for TS3, but it's just not the case. When talking to Customer Service, I told them they should fix it. I am going to email the contact from EA who gets hold of me and let them know that this is not very intuitive and they should find a way to make it more obvious that is how you download game packs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 03:58:52 PM »
I got really excited about this, until I saw that the pack is $40 AU. Why should it be twice as much as in the US when the exchange rate is not 50 cents to the dollar? Guess I'll have to wait a few months until they have a sale  :(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 04:01:52 PM »
Oh my goodness, it's 81 cents to the dollar. I can see need to compensate for exchange of currency, but that's quite steep. Sorry you guys get gouged that way. I hear it's a common thing. Given TS4 went on sale so fast, maybe OR will be available for a more reasonable price around the first EP's release.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 04:08:24 PM »
When I moved to Sims 3 on PC from console, it was only a couple of years ago (if that), so the game was cheap and the EP's were cheap, and then I'd get stuff during origin sales. I probably should have waited for Sims 4 to be on sale, because that was $90 when I bought it! I tweeted The Sims asking why it should be so expensive here. Will be interesting to see what they say (if they say anything).
Oh well, at least there is a patch today so I can at least play 4 again.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 04:26:21 PM »
$50 New Zealand Dollars... ouch! Nearly half the price of the base game...  :( I was pretty shocked at the price.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 04:29:55 PM »
 Carl, I had to shut down my computer and restart it. It then "updated" with Outdoor Retreat.

Offline laugh-dream-love

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 04:48:51 PM »
It really costs $40 or $50 where you guys are? I got it for £15! EA really likes to suck money out of people.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 04:57:34 PM »
It really costs $40 or $50 where you guys are? I got it for £15! EA really likes to suck money out of people.

That is the price here in New Zealand. I never enter into debates about pricing or even amount of content etc but I am shocked at the price of this game pack. I just wanted to inform people about the pricing over here, not really to make any social comment about the company or anything else.  :)
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 05:04:09 PM »
Yeah, there's not much to be done about the pricing, though I'm sorry for those affected. Getting hyped on this then seeing the price so high has to be a letdown. Just have to wait on sales. I hope that it changes one day, as I know it's been this way for years. For now, maybe keep this thread focused on the Pack itself. We will likely be making a category to discuss the gameplay features soon. Wanted Moderators to get a chance to weigh in on the idea before I just plopped one down. We didn't need them for Stuff Packs, but with these, there is actual gameplay to discuss :)

Honestly going on my first vacation reminds me a bit of World Adventures' release back in '09. It was exciting to have a new area to explore with legitimate items to collect and the mystery of it all. I have to say it's obvious the value of Game Packs is much much higher than Stuff Packs, because you're getting the Stuff but a lot more gameplay content than meets the eye. I'm loving it and it feels like a light Expansion :) I hope they keep this up and put this much into every one of them. We all agree the major pitfall for switching to 4 is lack of content when compared to TS3. This is definitely a huuuge step in the right direction.