Author Topic: thought about buying, what is better about Sims 4 as opposed to 3?  (Read 3260 times)

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
So what are the differences?  Is there a huge change in core gameplay?  I'd like get Sims 4 as I really enjoyed 3, but I don't want to drop $50 for cosmetic changes and a few graphics updates....
-=VexCor Forums - Youtubers, Gamers, & More!=-

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: thought about buying, what is better about Sims 4 as opposed to 3?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 10:28:51 AM »
Those of us who like the game usually like the sims, which seem more real as opposed to the TS3 sims being more robotic. They have many more social interactions, and I've gotten so used to their multi-tasking that I don't really notice it anymore. The children are cuter and have more to do, possibly to make up for there not being toddlers. The game loads much faster for me -- under 5 minutes as opposed to 20 minutes or more for TS3. Building is easier, but there's less furniture to choose from and no create-a-style.

Speaking for myself, I've been very pleased with TS4. The one really bad bug I had (deformed babies) was fixed within the first week, and they've added ghosts and pools in subsequent patches.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 11:57:18 AM »
Something else to think of zoldos if you are concerned about price, just give it a slight wait.  There was already a decent sale during the Thanksgiving holidays, and I won't be surprised if there isn't one during Christmas :) 

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
Those of us who like the game usually like the sims, which seem more real as opposed to the TS3 sims being more robotic. They have many more social interactions, and I've gotten so used to their multi-tasking that I don't really notice it anymore. The children are cuter and have more to do, possibly to make up for there not being toddlers. The game loads much faster for me -- under 5 minutes as opposed to 20 minutes or more for TS3. Building is easier, but there's less furniture to choose from and no create-a-style.

Speaking for myself, I've been very pleased with TS4. The one really bad bug I had (deformed babies) was fixed within the first week, and they've added ghosts and pools in subsequent patches.
20 minutes to load? You might want to upgrade your PC.  I'd have my TS3 game loaded in a few mins. :)  Thanks for the feedback!  :D

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2014, 04:47:52 PM »
Something else to think of zoldos if you are concerned about price, just give it a slight wait.  There was already a decent sale during the Thanksgiving holidays, and I won't be surprised if there isn't one during Christmas :)

k cool. I'll keep an eye out. :D

Offline Greenhat

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2014, 07:31:00 PM »
20 minutes to load? You might want to upgrade your PC.  I'd have my TS3 game loaded in a few mins. :)  Thanks for the feedback!  :D
Mine is mediocre, and it could take 30 minutes to load TS3 on a bad day. But yes, TS4 loads very fast.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 11:36:48 PM »
k cool. I'll keep an eye out. :D
For example, until December 19th, the game is 1/3 off.  You can get the basic edition for $40 instead of the normal $60.
https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/sims-4/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

The Limited Edition is $46.66 instead of the normal $70 pricetag. 

It may go down in the week before Christmas as well (though there is no guarantee).  Of course, if you are willing to wait up to 6 months out, the price will definitely drop by then.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2014, 07:49:52 PM »
Waiting on the Sims 4 isn't a bad decision.  I know some people who wait until they also start releasing substantial Expansion packs, etc.  And of course, the Sims 4 should be cheaper then as well.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2014, 08:00:18 PM »
Zoldos, I'm really sorry.  I inadvertently changed your reply, when I thought I was replying to it.  I'm very sorry for this. 

Offline zoldos

• Nooboo
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2014, 08:06:06 PM »
hehehehe No worries. :)