Author Topic: Can't control sims  (Read 3376 times)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
Can't control sims
« on: December 10, 2014, 06:09:08 PM »
When I quit my game last, one sim was at work and three kids were at school. When I opened my game again, they were all home but greyed out and it says that they are at work/school. But, they are all walking around the house at home. I can't control them at all. Is there a fix?

Edit: I tried reset sim and name of each sim but it says no such sim exists.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Can't control sims
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 06:51:19 PM »
I think a few have had this happened. You know where on their icons you click the work and school options? (the little lightning bolt looking thing). Click on that and choose "leave work/school early". That usually fixes it. If that doesn't work, if you have a sim you can control, making them travel to a lot often resets the other sims.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
Thanks. I tried that but it didn't work. Thankfully, I have a previous save because I can't even get that game file to open. The Altos are having quite a time right now. Sigh.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 07:01:25 PM »
Hi Jude,

This appears to be a common bug in the game. It sounds like there isn't a fix for it. But there is a work-around for it.

Here's a link you can read more about it.

[Common] Sims Icons staying grey after coming back from work
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Common-Sims-Icons-staying-grey-after-coming-back-from-work/m-p/3446165#U3446165

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline JudesSims

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 07:06:03 PM »
Thanks but I think my file is corrupt. It won't open. I'm replaying the last three days. There are 8 in my family so it's quite a challenge!